What's new

What is the way forward for Pakistan from here

Status
Not open for further replies.
to start off with pakistan should recognise their best test & one day side. You can not have players like Younis & misbah in the one day side. Need some young energetic players who can do a good job in the fielding as well. give them a good long run in the team & just have one captain in all forms so that others would know they are answerable to one person!! this strategy is working well for india & did work well for australia all this while!!

He is already 36- Its time for some young player to take his place-

Players like Misbah, Younis dont happen often. Till they are mentally and physically fit they should be allowed to play Test cricket which suits their style than ODIs.

Drop Younis , Misbah, Abdul Razzaq and Kamran Akmal for good ...they have gone past their expiry date now .
look for a new genuine wicket keeper who can bat ...there is plenty of talent in Pak so that should never be a problem.
We need two quality fast bowlers ... something along the pace of Shoaib and groom them . Umer Akmal is a dodgy character so he should be kept under constant watch .
Rest is good keep Afridi as Captain and we have a good fighting team .

A team, with three of its players out for spot fixing scandal (which I think is not completely true), two great players out of form (Sohail Tanveer and Shoaib Malik), no proper openers, and whos caption got chose at final stages, made their way through to Semis losing only one match and alos broke a 12 years record, its far from too great performance !!

Players like Misbah, Younis dont happen often. Till they are mentally and physically fit they should be allowed to play Test cricket which suits their style than ODIs.

Players like them happen every day in Pakistan.. its not matter of "there isn't anyone like them" its that Politics in PCB doesn't allows any one other than THEIR "chosen" ones come in front.. do you think we don't have wicket keeper/batsman better than Akmal in whole of Pakistan?

He is always "chosen" due to "other" reasons.. being from India.. i know you understand what i mean..

A team, with three of its players out for spot fixing scandal (which I think is not completely true), two great players out of form (Sohail Tanveer and Shoaib Malik), no proper openers, and whos caption got chose at final stages, made their way through to Semis losing only one match and alos broke a 12 years record, its far from too great performance !!

Agreed!! and that is the reason it is hurting.. if you see the ones i mentioned.. they haven't done anything worth mentioning throughout the tournament.. and due to their "involvement" in this game.. we lost it.. it hurts to see all the hard work of the new ones "destroyed" by couple of lazy old goats..

If these two had tried and failed.. it would had been a different issue.. not trying and methodologically putting their team under pressure.. increasing Run Rate from a mere 5.4 to massive 8.45 is not mistake.. its criminal..

afridi has nothing close to what imran khan was, afridi is just a defensive captain, he doesnt attack, he has no talents to formulate an attacking strategy, he is not wise with his decisions,

There is a lot of frustration being meted out to many Pak players especially against Misbah, so I thought that..............

Not frustration. its time few players should be replaced and other talented youngster should be inducted to be groomed for next WC.

afridi has nothing close to what imran khan was, afridi is just a defensive captain, he doesnt attack, he has no talents to formulate an attacking strategy, he is not wise with his decisions,

C'mon dude.. The man played his heart out.. Nobody becomes a good captain overnight. You have to groom a player right from his early days so that he becomes a good captain. Look at Michael Clarke, the guy has been the Vice-Captain of his side for more than 3 year and only now he's gonna become captain.. Unfortunately the Pakistan awaam is so Jazbaati, that one loss and they want a new captain..WTF man? Do you guys even know his track record as captain? He has got a success rate of about 55% with this young team and he has played against teams like South Africa, Srilanka, Australia and NewZeland.

I think these guys need more respect from Pakistanis for what they did in this world cup. The way he apologized to the nation was touching.. The guy needs more support from us and some more time to get mature as a captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom