What's new

What is the TTP’s real agenda?

^ Fighting US would be a much more higher priority than bringing Sharia law to Pakistan. At the very least it would be seen as far more honourable.

^ Fighting US would be a much more higher priority than bringing Sharia law to Pakistan.

Not according to them. It's your opinion and they don't seem to agree.

At the very least it would be seen as far more honourable.

They think otherwise. It's your opinion and they don't seem to agree.

That's exactly my point. They think otherwise. I don't for a second doubt that. Which leads one to question several things about them - such as questions about its leaders, who is funding, supporting, giving arms, etc to them.

That's exactly my point. They think otherwise. I don't for a second doubt that. Which leads one to question several things about them - such as questions about its leaders, who is funding, supporting, giving arms, etc to them.

Their sources are the same as the sources of Maoists.

Internal...until proven otherwise.

What are you talking about?

It's not that difficult to understand.

Prove it that they are supported by external factors like US/India etc. or else nobody will believe it.

TTP is very similar to the Maoists.

Both are internal insurgencies...unless proven otherwise.

Both seek to overthrow their respective governments.

Both seek to put in place their respective systems of governance.

Both use violence against the state.

My point is this: Your calling the TTP 'external' is only as much justified as my calling the Maoists 'external'.

Well I am not trying to prove or make anyone believe that they're supported by foreign countries. I don't expect Pakistan to be able to prove this if US has to lose so much in that happening. But more and more journalists and foreigners are believing that US is involved in terrorism in Pakistan after the Davis arrest and the equipment found on him. It's sort of becoming a case of adding 2 and 2 to get 4, even though there may not be proof available in public. If you don't want to believe that's great, no one gave proof that Iraq had WMDs, no one carried out a full investigation before attacking Afghanistan after 9/11, no one provides solid proof before accusing ISI or Iran.

I mean for an Islamic jihadist group to target Pakistan almost exclusively is very strange.

Fighting US would be a much more higher priority than bringing Sharia law to Pakistan

charity begins at home :coffee:

But as said several times now, all these groups target non-muslim armies - Indian army for Kashmiri groups, US/NATO for Afghan groups. TTP has only on very extremely rare occasions have targeted US or NATO. Like literally almost always, it targets Pakistan.

To not target NATO, who no doubt they know are far more likely candidate for jihad against, is very strange for a jihadi group.

TTP is active Pakistan, just like AT is active in Afghanistan..TTP does not target NATO troops because there are no NATO troops in Pakistan.
The day US troops ,enter Pakistan(if) ..you will see it targeting them too.

So true. If they were really fighting in the name of Jihad, they would be helping Afghan Taliban fight American/NATO invading forces (who are 99% non-muslims) not an army that is 100% Muslim.

They are helping the AT, they are now sending men over the border, in the past they used to send men--alot of them were captured and killed by the former mujahideen forces. The suicide bombers have been sent by the TTP to afghanistan, even child suicide bombers were arrested. Dont forget that the TTP have always maintained the position that they have launched the attacks on GOP because they are siding with kafirs against the AT. They burn fuel trucks of the NATO, they killed C. Imam because he was accused of spying for the NATO/GOP against the AT.

Dont forget taht the jihad you are talking about is taking the lives alot of people as a result of suicide bombing and attacks on civilians.

They want nothing just a bunch of criminals who are minting money from all sides internal as well external sources.

But as said several times now, all these groups target non-muslim armies - Indian army for Kashmiri groups, US/NATO for Afghan groups. TTP has only on very extremely rare occasions have targeted US or NATO. Like literally almost always, it targets Pakistan.

To not target NATO, who no doubt they know are far more likely candidate for jihad against, is very strange for a jihadi group.

They target muslim policement and army officers in India and Afghanistan as well. Espicially the police and their families as they are easy targets. The recent blast in Kabul bank was traced to TTP. Atleast thats what the Afghan Taliban is now claiming because the local civilians are angry with Afghan Taliban. Similarly you had the recent killings of sisters, and ofcourse the killings of Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Sajjad Lone's father by the very same Jihadi groups.

Please do understand that you will have to tie your self into knots if you justify Afghanistan and India centric Jihadi groups and discredit the TTP because all these groups have the same ideology and end goal though their means may be different to achieve it.

And you are misreading the fact that TTP considers the Pakistan Army and NATO as the same. Atleast at the leadership level as they allege that they are working in collaboration with NATO by doing operations and drone attacks which can't happen without Paksitani army approval.

They target muslim policement and army officers in India and Afghanistan as well. Espicially the police and their families as they are easy targets. The recent blast in Kabul bank was traced to TTP. Atleast thats what the Afghan Taliban is now claiming because the local civilians are angry with Afghan Taliban. Similarly you had the recent killings of sisters, and ofcourse the killings of Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Sajjad Lone's father by the very same Jihadi groups.

Please do understand that you will have to tie your self into knots if you justify Afghanistan and India centric Jihadi groups and discredit the TTP because all these groups have the same ideology and end goal though their means may be different to achieve it.

And you are misreading the fact that TTP considers the Pakistan Army and NATO as the same. Atleast at the leadership level as they allege that they are working in collaboration with NATO by doing operations and drone attacks which can't happen without Paksitani army approval.

Kashmir leaders were killed by Your Indian infiltrated militants not Jehadis.

TTP is terrorist organistaions and hardly targets any Indian or a Afghanistani.

Very well said, those who are still looking for good terrorists and bad terrorists will suffer at the hands of good terrorists.

They target muslim policement and army officers in India and Afghanistan as well. Espicially the police and their families as they are easy targets.

And how's that relevant? They also target the Indian army - which is the point I am trying to make.

The recent blast in Kabul bank was traced to TTP. Atleast thats what the Afghan Taliban is now claiming because the local civilians are angry with Afghan Taliban.

Ok, well, nevertheless, TTP nearly always targets Pakistan.

Similarly you had the recent killings of sisters, and ofcourse the killings of Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Sajjad Lone's father by the very same Jihadi groups.

Still doesn't counter my point.

That's a big diversion from what I am saying. You can go on about good taliban and bad taliban but that still doesn't answer the point I am trying to make. The good taliban and bad taliban point is only relevant when one goes after only either TTP or Afghan Taliban and doesn't go after the other. It's not relevant when answering to the argument that TTP is an independent group from Afghan Taliban and only attacks Pakistan pretty much.

They don't even attack NATO anywhere near as much. I can only recall them attacking NATO on a small handful occasions. They only target Pakistan - which is the point I am trying to make.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom