What's new

What is the TTP’s real agenda?

Again you are claiming something, you can't possibly know..Maybe CIA has no ground assets in tribal areas or maybe they have numerous Pakistani tribal on payroll..feeding them info.

This is well known, dude. ISI provides ground intelligence, and it authorizes terrorist attacks. It cannot happen otherwise. How do YOU know it happens otherwise? You do realize that without Pakistan's consent this would be very tough to do for US, considering it doesn't have too many assets in the region. You do realize that professional intelligence agencies do not use paid informants as primary source of information as they're not that reliable?

Pakistan drone war takes a toll on militants -- and civilians - CNN.com
Is Secrecy on Drone Attacks Hiding Civilian Casualties??By Ken Silverstein (Harper's Magazine)
Besides exact % is not as important as the question..why would ISI kill numerous Pakistani civilians..so that in the process it can also kill a few men..with who it has enmity?

It's collateral damage, as I said, just like civilians getting killed in Kashmir.

If only AT is present in N.Wazirstan, then where is TTP present..as far as I know..rest of Tribal areas are under the control of Pakistani army..so where is TTP conducting its operations from?

South Waziristan, and in smaller numbers in other agencies.

But more importantly, at the height of its power, when South Waziristan was occupied by TTP, there were very few attacks on TTP by NATO.

TTP (nothing in reality)

just a organization who is "ON DEMAND" killing PAkistani's .... getting money from Afghanistan and who funded everyone knows!

TTP (nothing in reality)

just a organization who is "ON DEMAND" killing PAkistani's .... getting money from Afghanistan and who funded everyone knows!

If its money they are after , why not pay them better or give them a better deal and end all this once and for all.

May be i am missing something. But most of the argument here is that TTP should not target Pakistan Army, as it is comprised of Muslims. But then Afghan Taliban is targeting the Northern Alliance Army, who are again muslims right?
Till now, i felt that the kind of Islam practised in pakistan and northern Alliance is somewhat moderate. But the Taliban want to enforce a more stricter form of islam. While Pakistan supports the stricter form of Islam in Afghanistan, they don't want to have the same in Pakistan. Why would India want a stricter form of Islam just across the border, where in girls should not goto schools and punishments are very inhuman. That would for sure spill over across the border. Can someone explain, why i should not believe from the news, that TTP is fighting for stricter form of Islam in Pakistan?

Thanks.

Do we have to ask “What is TTP’s agenda?” Do Taliban not answer that question when they humiliate, intimidate and indiscriminately kill Pakistanis? Is not the TTPs main tactic to instill extreme fear in the hearts of the masses? Have we not seen TTP, in their latest video, kill COL Imam; an elderly and retired Pakistani senior military officer? Was he not one of the persons who worked closely with the Afghan mujahedeen to defeat the Russians? They disrespect and kill the teacher of the Talib. That is what Taliban are all about.

Taliban kill without remorse. They create mayhem in every city and town of Pakistan and Afghanistan. Taliban attacks target schools, shopping centers, even mosques and shrines. Is it not anyone’s guess where the next Taliban attack might occur! Their agenda is to spread fear among the people, to destabilize Pakistan and to impose Taliban agenda of terror on the innocents and the righteous. Is that not the TTP’s agenda? Do they not answer your question with their ideology of hatred and evil doing?

CDR Bill Speaks
DET- United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Last edited by a moderator:
Till now, i felt that the kind of Islam practised in pakistan and northern Alliance is somewhat moderate. But the Taliban want to enforce a more stricter form of islam. While Pakistan supports the stricter form of Islam in Afghanistan, they don't want to have the same in Pakistan.

Thank you for your post, I want to assure you that there is nothing "moderate" in Pakistan - the very word is an insult in Pakistan, it used to mean "middle of the road" but this is nowhere Pakistanis want to be.

And I must say you are exactly right about Pakistanis wanting Talib Islam for the Afghans, well, lets see how much they like Talib Islam for themselves, after all if it is good for the Afghan, it is good for the Pakistanis, as well, no?? Only Pakistanis can answer this, but it may take a lot of time (read blood) for them to come to that understanding:coffee:

Thank you for your post, I want to assure you that there is nothing "moderate" in Pakistan - the very word is an insult in Pakistan, it used to mean "middle of the road" but this is nowhere Pakistanis want to be.
Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to share some of my thoughts. One of the main flaws of Hinduism was, it divides people based on their ancestor's occupation. One of the strengths of Islam was to treat everyone as equal. But humans again have created a divide inside it like "Moderates" and "Extremists".

Coming back to the topic, I think all Pakistan needs at this point of time is a rule under good leader for 5 yrs. I really see that leadership in Imran Khan. But i may be wrong. Don't you think so?

Thanks.

And I must say you are exactly right about Pakistanis wanting Talib Islam for the Afghans, well, lets see how much they like Talib Islam for themselves, after all if it is good for the Afghan, it is good for the Pakistanis, as well, no?? Only Pakistanis can answer this, but it may take a lot of time (read blood) for them to come to that understanding

thanx for the honest input. :enjoy:

i hear that cia agent uncle Raymond Davis had contact with terrorists including TTP.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom