What's new

What is the India-Myanmar-Thailand Highway

That is impossible and is wishful Thinking. Islam has a way of influencing politics and policies. The country does not matter. The ideology cuts across party lines. It can only Wax and Wane with time, not eliminated.

Best approach is the make Hay while the sun shines.

Yah I'm just saying it will be external to the election cycle from now on. BNP is pretty much finished.

It will have to be BAL that changes to a more islamic identity from now on (probably after SHW is gone/retired)....and we will deal with them then if they do.

India Is left Hand Drive what about others?

BD is same as India. Myanmar is right side of the road I believe.

940px-Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.svg.png

That is impossible and is wishful Thinking. Islam has a way of influencing politics and policies. The country does not matter. The ideology cuts across party lines. It can only Wax and Wane with time, not eliminated.

Best approach is the make Hay while the sun shines.
Before complaining role of Islam in our politics,shun your ten headed hindutva communual/fundamentalist force which enjoy widespread popular support in India and are leading your govt. It is very hypocritic when you preach secularism,tolerance to us while electing communual/fundamentalist hindutva party in your country.Can you ditch Modi/Rajnath?

Yah RSS have attacked and mercilessly killed people like in Gulshan.

Good comparison.

Lol just back to ur all rounded fenced

thank to God. the route is not though BD.. if so ,they come inside and they will never come back...
Oops I believe the Burmese people seriously lack English skills,too much of yaba I guess.
What is "fenced" and through became though???
Yes we all should be grateful that that highway did not go through Bangladesh,we don't want drugs from Myanmar you see...

Yah I'm just saying it will be external to the election cycle from now on. BNP is pretty much finished.

It will have to be BAL that changes to a more islamic identity from now on (probably after SHW is gone/retired)....and we will deal with them then if they do.

And I am saying its does not matter if BNP is finished, something else with the same ideology will rise in its place.

BAL will turn into a more islamic party the same way Congress turned from an Hindu party into a Anti Hindu party in the span of 60 years. This kind of evolution / mutation is inevitable.

There is no need for us to deal with BAL, we just need to deal with BD.

Before complaining role of Islam in our politics,shun your ten headed hindutva communual/fundamentalist force which enjoy widespread popular support in India and are leading your govt. It is very hypocritic when you preach secularism,tolerance to us while electing communual/fundamentalist hindutva party in your country.Can you ditch Modi/Rajnath?

Why should I complain ? I really don't care either way. I am just stating a Fact.

There is no similarity between Hinduism and Islam so any comparison is irrelevant. Hinduism is tolerant by its very nature, Islam is intolerant by its very nature. For all practical matters they are the opposite of each other. So comparing its effect in politics is irrelevant and misguided.

Interesting....
Actually there are some driving videos from Thailand to Yunnan Province of Southwest China via Laos...
I don't know is it scientific to be allowed to do so on countries of different rules without changing cars...
But I've heard they are gonna ban that....

2015 drive-lapse from Bangkok, Thailand to Yuxi of Yunnan Province, China

Thailand–Laos border crossing @ 38:1840:12
Laos–China border crossing @ 2:04:122:06:20

2:05:30 entering China
2:20:53 entering G8511 Expressway

Interesting....
Actually there are some driving videos from Thailand to Yunnan Province of Southwest China via Laos...
I don't know is it scientific to be allowed to do so on countries of different rules without changing cars...
But I've heard they are gonna ban that....

2015 drive-lapse from Bangkok, Thailand to Yuxi of Yunnan Province, China

Thailand–Laos border crossing @ 38:1840:12
Laos–China border crossing @ 2:04:122:06:20

2:05:30 entering China
2:20:53 entering G8511 Expressway

They got something similar for border crossing between HK, Macau and Mainland China too I believe.

I have driven across the one form Thailand to Cambodia and back. It was weird, because you have to judge oncoming traffic from further away....not fun!

LOL ... it's a sentence which i dont want to .. and it may be save in draft and forget to delete... :D Yaba is specially produced for Bangladesh... not for us... :D
I see there...some real money making business...
images.jpg

Hinduism is tolerant by its very nature, Islam is intolerant by its very nature.

I am afraid I cannot agree with your generalizing statement. First it's an OT post, second you are making a semi-trolling statement by troll-baiting with religion. I will say a few things though.

Not all Muslims are intolerant like you state and not all Hindus are a tolerant bunch. One cannot make broad-brush statements like this.

One needs to read up on religions extensively and completely before making broad statements about them instead of taking cues from and perpetuating propaganda.

Majority people in Bangladesh are part of the Sufi sect in Islam. One of the bigger names in Sufism was Sufi Inayat Khan, an Indian. Bangladeshi Muslims are probably the most tolerant bunch of people you will find anywhere. Ignorant maybe, but largely tolerant. Compared to the Middle East which is a powder keg. You need to read up about Islam in Bangladesh. A few Jamatis don't describe most tolerant Muslims, who by far keep their religion private.

http://sufiway.org/about-us/about-the-sufi-way

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism_in_Bangladesh

A few bad apples and Jamatis in Bangladesh does not paint the whole picture. Just like a few RSS nutcases killing Muslims for eating beef does not make up my mind about India - I know better.

We used RAB to catch the fundamentalists and serve justice after the Gulshan event. Does that happen in India all the time? Was justice served at all after Godhra? Let's ask these questions and be fair, before pointing the finger.

Granted - Bangladesh does suck in many, many ways. But is it really worse than in India WRT fundamentalism?

Let's take this discussion elsewhere and open a separate thread if necessary.

We're discussing the Burma road here, not Sufi road.

@waz bhai, please delete these OT statements, including mine if necessary.

I am afraid I cannot agree with your generalizing statement. First it's an OT post, second you are making a semi-trolling statement by troll-baiting with religion. I will say a few things though.

Not all Muslims are intolerant like you state and not all Hindus are a tolerant bunch. One cannot make broad-brush statements like this.

One needs to read up on religions extensively and completely before making broad statements about them instead of taking cues from and perpetuating propaganda.

Majority people in Bangladesh are part of the Sufi sect in Islam. One of the bigger names in Sufism was Sufi Inayat Khan, an Indian. Bangladeshi Muslims are probably the most tolerant bunch of people you will find anywhere. Ignorant maybe, but largely tolerant. Compared to the Middle East which is a powder keg. You need to read up about Islam in Bangladesh. A few Jamatis don't describe most tolerant Muslims, who by far keep their religion private.

http://sufiway.org/about-us/about-the-sufi-way

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sufism_in_Bangladesh

A few bad apples and Jamatis in Bangladesh does not paint the whole picture. Just like a few RSS nutcases killing Muslims for eating beef does not make up my mind about India - I know better.

We used RAB to catch the fundamentalists and serve justice after the Gulshan event. Does that happen in India all the time? Was justice served at all after Godhra? Let's ask these questions and be fair, before pointing the finger.

Granted - Bangladesh does suck in many, many ways. But is it really worse than in India WRT fundamentalism?

Let's take this discussion elsewhere and open a separate thread if necessary.

We're discussing the Burma road here, not Sufi road.

@waz bhai, please delete these OT statements, including mine if necessary.

I never said all muslims are intolerant. I said Islam was intolerant if taken at face value. They are two different things.

Second, I Do find BD muslims FAR more tolerant and friendly than their counterparts in the rest of the world. Maybe Indonesian muslims are more tolerant than BD by what I have heard, but I have never met any of them.

But that is just a comparative scale among muslim nations and its not much to choose from. When compared with Non muslims they would fare worse as a collective based on your recent 40 year history.

Maya Kodnani is in jail. (Godhra).

Also w.r.t fundamentalism BD does fare worse as Chittagong Buddhist will testify as well Hindus who have emigrated out of BD into India.

https://www.makemytrip.com/blog/India-Myanmar-thailand-highway

If you still haven’t heard about it, we have some epic news for you: the 3200-kilometre India-Myanmar-Thailand highway will open up in 2016, which means an incredible India-Thailand road trip is now a reality like never before! Part of a peace pact among the country who are party to this, the India-Myanmar- Thailand Highway is an all-weather road that weaves through all these countries allowing you to travel a longer and a more scenic route through to your destination.

The 26.5-kilometre Myawaddy-Thinggan Nyenaung-Kawkareik stretch of the Asian Highway is now operational. This has reduced the travel time between Thinggan Nyenaung and Kawkareik from three hours to only about 45 minutes!

Post the inauguration of the India-Myanmar-Thailand trilateral highway in 2016, a bus service connecting Imphal, Manipur and Mandalay may be introduced to make it all the more easy for you to take this one-of-a-kind road trip!

An International Drivers’ Permit is recommended if you are planning to self-drive. Travelling from India to Thailand by road promises to be one of the most exhilarating experiences ever.

From the serene hills of Shillong

You could enjoy panoramic views of the verdant lush hills of Shillong, while driving on the highway. The route is truly beautiful and allows the tourist to experience area as they travel through. Shillong is considered as one of India’s favourite holiday destinations because of it’s cool climate (It’s called the Scotland of the East) and the untouched beauty of the hills. Shillong is comparatively pollution free and is considered a great for people who are looking to getaway from the concrete jungles of the plains. Shillong is absolutely marvelous during the monsoons, which set in during June.

Places to visit in Shillong:

1) Elephant falls – Situated on the outskirts of the city, they are twin falls that are set in dells of fern covered rocks.

2) Shillong peak – This is the highest point of the state and is a much sought- after picnic spot.

3) Wards lake – This is an artificial lake that has boating services available throughout the year.

4) Capt. Williamson Sangma State Museum – provides an insight into ethnic tribal culture and tradition of the area.

View attachment 332361

Myanmar was previously a Colonial centre of power and has thus adapted aspects of their culture and architecture into their own. The rising pagodas, exotic cuisine and the breathtaking vistas prove Myanmar to be must-see destination on the way to Thailand. Myanmar’s economy thrives on tourism because of the multiple tourists attractions in the country. Bagan has an array of temples, each one uniquely built and possessing various architectural differences. You can take Balloon trips over the city to fully appreciate the beauty of the monuments. Also, the Sunset in Bagan is a spectacular sight that shouldn’t be missed!

Things to do in Bagan:

1) Temples Galore – Bagan possesses a large variety of temples that are all worth a visit.

2) Bupaya – Situated on the banks of Ayeyarwaddy River, This example of Pyu style of architecture boasts of being the oldest construction in Bagan

3) Tharabar gate – Said to be a part of a 9th century wall, the gates contain two niches with with images of the protective spirits or the guardians of the gate.

View attachment 332362

Mandalay is a busy bustling center of Myanmar and is considered a center of Burmese culture

Things to do in Mandalay:

1) Eat at one of Mandalay’s street food joints – The city provides a wide range of mouth-watering food available at cheap rates.

2) Stone carving district – Visit and observe the traditional methods of stone carving that are still prevalent in this district.

3) Gold pounder’s workshops- King galon and Golden Rose are two prominent workshops where you can observe the craft of gold pounding that is still practiced in Mandalay.

4) Maha Muni Pagoda – This is a religious centre for the people and is the second holiest place in Myanmar after the Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon.

Or you could just rent a bike or a cycle and explore the city on your own. The people are friendly and the environment is condusive for tourists who visit all around the year.

india-myanmar-thailand-highway-myanmar-pagoda.jpg

to the culturally rich Thailand village, Mae Sot...

...there’s a lot for you to see and soak in.

And that’s not it, you’ll be welcomed by Bangkok’s countless attractions, its mouthwatering cuisine and happening nightlife at the end of this extraordinary road trip.

Still wondering where your next big holiday will be to? It’s going to be one road trip that changes your life.

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.financialexpress.com/ind...a-myanmar-thailand-trilateral-highway/370841/

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday proposed a joint task force on connectivity to work on extension of India-Myanmar-Thailand trilateral highway to Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, while also proposing to enhance the ASEAN-India Fund with an additional grant of US $ 50 million. Speaking at the 14th ASEAN India Summit in Vientiane, Laos , Prime Minister Modi declared that India supports the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).

“Sea lanes are life lines of global trade. India supports freedom of navigation based on ÚNCLOS,” he added.

He also emphasized on New Delhi’s will to take on cyber security.

“We are willing to take concrete steps to enhance coop in cyber security, de-radicalization and Counter Terrorism,” he said.

Stating natural disasters as common challenge and joint priority, Prime Minister Modi said that India will host the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in November.

“Engagement of India-ASEAN is of ‘economic optimism’. We continue to expand and deepen our economic engagements,” he declared.

Prime Minister Modi also offered to host India-ASEAN Youth Summit laying foundation of future cooperation. He also proposed documenting civilizational ties, by commissioning project for mapping Indian inscriptions along Mekong river.

The Prime Minister also invited the ASEAN as the Guest of Honour for the International Buddhist Conclave in October. He concluded reiterating that India is willing to march with ASEAN to fulfill promise and potential of its strategic engagement.

View attachment 332366

I heard this will be connected to both Cambodia and Vietnam as well..
hope to visit thailand one of these days

Modi and his promises. All his promises can be compiled and published as a book.

First Modi and co. should focus on connectivity within the north east. He should travel by the horrible and dangerous road to Silchar, Tripura and Mizoram by road to feel the plight of the people of the region. Still Assam railway is not electrified. The railway lines beyond Guwahati are still single line. Arunachal frontier highway is still on paper.

One thing no body has mentioned. Garages, Mechanics and parts of different types of Vehicles of different countries should be available for maintenance on the road, in case of any break down. In my opinion, the Govts of the countries should decide as to which vehicles of which countries are allowed on that particular road.

@Skull and Bones @Tshering22 @alaungphaya
Don't worry :) Leave that to the local private enterprise & the free market.

After all these National Highways were built in India,local villagers built dhabas,had mechanic shops & sold petrol/diesel to profit from it.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Soon to be India, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia Road :enjoy:
THis is the map of the Highway I found on Wikipedia. I don't think it links up with Laos at all.
msid-48858216,width-96,height-65.cms

We should talk to other ASEAN nations & expand the highway!

If we agree to do so.
Then I believe in Thailand,the Highway must be divided in 3 parts
1)One will go to Laos & North Vietnam
2)The other to Cambodia & South Vietnam
3)The other to Malaysia & Singapore.

What do you think? @alaungphaya @Skull and Bones @MilSpec
A Topographical map of the region.
300px-South_east_asia_topographic_map.svg.png

Won't this be a problem for drivers from all nations?

How will they adjust to the change when they change the borders?

Or will there be 2 Highways for both kinds of drivers?

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom