What's new

What is the India-Myanmar-Thailand Highway

I'm so glad they cut out Bongoland. Otherwise it'd be called the Rohingya Highway. There should be thorough checkpoints all along so that those bengali muslims don't see it as an easy route into SE Asia.

Otherwise great news! :cheers:

I agree.

Road trips especially on bikes or SUVs will be fun. Would happily welcome more Myanmar and Thai tourists into India as well. :)

One thing no body has mentioned. Garages, Mechanics and parts of different types of Vehicles of different countries should be available for maintenance on the road, in case of any break down. In my opinion, the Govts of the countries should decide as to which vehicles of which countries are allowed on that particular road.

@Skull and Bones @Tshering22 @alaungphaya

One thing no body has mentioned. Garages, Mechanics and parts of different types of Vehicles of different countries should be available for maintenance on the road, in case of any break down. In my opinion, the Govts of the countries should decide as to which vehicles of which countries are allowed on that particular road.

@Skull and Bones @Tshering22 @alaungphaya

Let that remain with the private guys, fellas. That and roadside food.

Let the locals get those as their businesses, so that there are jobs for all the locals in India, Myanmar and Thailand.

It makes all the sense to let the local small businesses and villages get the benefit.

Yabaland will clearly use this opportunity to sell more yaba tablets to Thailand and India.
Lol just back to ur all rounded fenced
https://www.makemytrip.com/blog/India-Myanmar-thailand-highway

If you still haven’t heard about it, we have some epic news for you: the 3200-kilometre India-Myanmar-Thailand highway will open up in 2016, which means an incredible India-Thailand road trip is now a reality like never before! Part of a peace pact among the country who are party to this, the India-Myanmar- Thailand Highway is an all-weather road that weaves through all these countries allowing you to travel a longer and a more scenic route through to your destination.

The 26.5-kilometre Myawaddy-Thinggan Nyenaung-Kawkareik stretch of the Asian Highway is now operational. This has reduced the travel time between Thinggan Nyenaung and Kawkareik from three hours to only about 45 minutes!

Post the inauguration of the India-Myanmar-Thailand trilateral highway in 2016, a bus service connecting Imphal, Manipur and Mandalay may be introduced to make it all the more easy for you to take this one-of-a-kind road trip!

An International Drivers’ Permit is recommended if you are planning to self-drive. Travelling from India to Thailand by road promises to be one of the most exhilarating experiences ever.

From the serene hills of Shillong

You could enjoy panoramic views of the verdant lush hills of Shillong, while driving on the highway. The route is truly beautiful and allows the tourist to experience area as they travel through. Shillong is considered as one of India’s favourite holiday destinations because of it’s cool climate (It’s called the Scotland of the East) and the untouched beauty of the hills. Shillong is comparatively pollution free and is considered a great for people who are looking to getaway from the concrete jungles of the plains. Shillong is absolutely marvelous during the monsoons, which set in during June.

Places to visit in Shillong:

1) Elephant falls – Situated on the outskirts of the city, they are twin falls that are set in dells of fern covered rocks.

2) Shillong peak – This is the highest point of the state and is a much sought- after picnic spot.

3) Wards lake – This is an artificial lake that has boating services available throughout the year.

4) Capt. Williamson Sangma State Museum – provides an insight into ethnic tribal culture and tradition of the area.

View attachment 332361

Myanmar was previously a Colonial centre of power and has thus adapted aspects of their culture and architecture into their own. The rising pagodas, exotic cuisine and the breathtaking vistas prove Myanmar to be must-see destination on the way to Thailand. Myanmar’s economy thrives on tourism because of the multiple tourists attractions in the country. Bagan has an array of temples, each one uniquely built and possessing various architectural differences. You can take Balloon trips over the city to fully appreciate the beauty of the monuments. Also, the Sunset in Bagan is a spectacular sight that shouldn’t be missed!

Things to do in Bagan:

1) Temples Galore – Bagan possesses a large variety of temples that are all worth a visit.

2) Bupaya – Situated on the banks of Ayeyarwaddy River, This example of Pyu style of architecture boasts of being the oldest construction in Bagan

3) Tharabar gate – Said to be a part of a 9th century wall, the gates contain two niches with with images of the protective spirits or the guardians of the gate.

View attachment 332362

Mandalay is a busy bustling center of Myanmar and is considered a center of Burmese culture

Things to do in Mandalay:

1) Eat at one of Mandalay’s street food joints – The city provides a wide range of mouth-watering food available at cheap rates.

2) Stone carving district – Visit and observe the traditional methods of stone carving that are still prevalent in this district.

3) Gold pounder’s workshops- King galon and Golden Rose are two prominent workshops where you can observe the craft of gold pounding that is still practiced in Mandalay.

4) Maha Muni Pagoda – This is a religious centre for the people and is the second holiest place in Myanmar after the Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon.

Or you could just rent a bike or a cycle and explore the city on your own. The people are friendly and the environment is condusive for tourists who visit all around the year.

india-myanmar-thailand-highway-myanmar-pagoda.jpg

to the culturally rich Thailand village, Mae Sot...

...there’s a lot for you to see and soak in.

And that’s not it, you’ll be welcomed by Bangkok’s countless attractions, its mouthwatering cuisine and happening nightlife at the end of this extraordinary road trip.

Still wondering where your next big holiday will be to? It’s going to be one road trip that changes your life.

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.financialexpress.com/ind...a-myanmar-thailand-trilateral-highway/370841/

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday proposed a joint task force on connectivity to work on extension of India-Myanmar-Thailand trilateral highway to Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, while also proposing to enhance the ASEAN-India Fund with an additional grant of US $ 50 million. Speaking at the 14th ASEAN India Summit in Vientiane, Laos , Prime Minister Modi declared that India supports the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).

“Sea lanes are life lines of global trade. India supports freedom of navigation based on ÚNCLOS,” he added.

He also emphasized on New Delhi’s will to take on cyber security.

“We are willing to take concrete steps to enhance coop in cyber security, de-radicalization and Counter Terrorism,” he said.

Stating natural disasters as common challenge and joint priority, Prime Minister Modi said that India will host the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction in November.

“Engagement of India-ASEAN is of ‘economic optimism’. We continue to expand and deepen our economic engagements,” he declared.

Prime Minister Modi also offered to host India-ASEAN Youth Summit laying foundation of future cooperation. He also proposed documenting civilizational ties, by commissioning project for mapping Indian inscriptions along Mekong river.

The Prime Minister also invited the ASEAN as the Guest of Honour for the International Buddhist Conclave in October. He concluded reiterating that India is willing to march with ASEAN to fulfill promise and potential of its strategic engagement.

View attachment 332366

I heard this will be connected to both Cambodia and Vietnam as well..
Yes..
so u can go to 2 famous ancient cites in one route.. Angkor and Bagan..
site_0668_0067-750-0-20151104115852.jpg

and as for me , i love this ..
india-myanmar-thailand-highway-shillong-india.jpg

Yabaland will clearly use this opportunity to sell more yaba tablets to Thailand and India.
thank to God. the route is not though BD.. if so ,they come inside and they will never come back...

Lol just back to ur all rounded fenced
It is a blessing that we have fence with India and Myanmar. Maintaining no relation other than export/import is actually good with neighbor like India and Myanmar for us.But Thailand is very important, I am more interested to the passenger shipping service between Chittagong/Cox's Bazar and Ranong/Phuket.It will be more cost-effective.We are already working on that.

http://bdnews24.com/business/2016/0...rt-direct-coastal-shipping-with-thailand-soon

If its no problem for you then why even bother to tell me ?

I really don't give a damn either way.

As I said BD was probably excluded for more practical considerations, not ideological.
I replied you because you mentioned the name of Bangladesh here.Many poster here have an impression that we somehow became looser in this arrangement.But this impression is not correct.East Pakistan govt. severed all rail,road,shipping connection with India during 1965 war.We didn't bother to restore that link for 50 years.Some of that links are now being established mainly at the insistence of India.We have no benefit If Indian go to North-East or Thailand/Myanmar through Bangladesh territory.Contrary to that,it will create more hassle for us.What need us,we are doing it by ourselves, like direct passenger shipping with Thailand,Malaysia.

I replied you because you mentioned the name of Bangladesh here.Many poster here have an impression that we somehow became looser in this arrangement.But this impression is not correct.East Pakistan govt. severed all rail,road,shipping connection with India during 1965 war.We didn't bother to restore that link for 50 years.Some of that links are now being established mainly at the insistence of India.We have no benefit If Indian go to North-East or Thailand/Myanmar through Bangladesh territory.Contrary to that,it will create more hassle for us.What need us,we are doing it by ourselves, like direct passenger shipping with Thailand,Malaysia.

The fact that BD WAS looked upon as a problem rather than a Solution makes it clear that such impression did exist and was well founded.

But BD of today has adopted a policy of friendly relationship with India so I have no complaints. But such policy could readily be reversed in the next election cycle and that is the foundation of the cautious approach.

Policy maturity occurs only when the policy has acceptance across party lines. Then it becomes a National policy and not a Party policy. BD has yet to demonstrate that.

More economic activity due to a Road is ALWAYS beneficial to EVERYBODY but the fact that you have chosen to have selective blindness to it shows your prejudice.

But such policy could readily be reversed in the next election cycle and that is the foundation of the cautious approach.

I doubt it. Precedent has now been established in conducting elections only with the election commission....and no caretaker govt.

BAL struck quite tactfully I must say....they will not relinquish it. BNP breaking up as a result. It suits India just fine.

Hopefully for BD a better alternative can arise over time that has nothing to do with "religion"/"secularism" and is only purely development based. A National Grameen party if you will.

I doubt it. Precedent has now been established in conducting elections only with the election commission....and no caretaker govt.

BAL struck quite tactfully I must say....they will not relinquish it. BNP breaking up as a result. It suits India just fine.

Hopefully for BD a better alternative can arise over time that has nothing to do with "religion"/"secularism" and is only purely development based. A National Grameen party if you will.

That is impossible and is wishful Thinking. Islam has a way of influencing politics and policies. The country does not matter. The ideology cuts across party lines. It can only Wax and Wane with time, not eliminated.

Best approach is the make Hay while the sun shines.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom