What's new

What is the India-Myanmar-Thailand Highway

I agree, North eastern states are needed to be protected from the barbarian hoards of North India. Just look at what we did to the city of Dehradun
i think the permit is due to it being sensitive region(security point of view)... not to protect from other culture.. you need permit to visit certain places in ladakh too.

I agree, North eastern states are needed to be protected from the barbarian hoards of North India. Just look at what we did to the city of Dehradun

It is not about north or south or west or east. Heck! north India is anyday more civilized than Bihar under Lalu and Bengal under Didi.

It is just that things are ecologically more sensitive here but requests and "krupaya" are something most Indians don't listen to.

When we tell them not to litter, they don't listen. It is pretty common to see many fellow Indians from other parts of the country requesting and squabbling with our police officers who issue fines for littering (yes, in Sikkim at least this is a pretty common concept since we are a heavily tourism and ecology intensive state).

i think the permit is due to it being sensitive region(security point of view)... not to protect from other culture.. you need permit to visit certain places in ladakh too.

Only for bordering regions.

The permits needed in Nagaland are because NSCN and other militant groups call the shots and the government sucks up to them like wusses.

NSCM in Manipur is responsible for banning Hindi language movies. Common Manipuris have no problem with any language. But NSCM and their Left-christian radicals get funding from US churches and weapons from China and Myanmar's black markets and create havoc.

It is not about north or south or west or east. Heck! north India is anyday more civilized than Bihar under Lalu and Bengal under Didi.

It is just that things are ecologically more sensitive here but requests and "krupaya" are something most Indians don't listen to.

When we tell them not to litter, they don't listen. It is pretty common to see many fellow Indians from other parts of the country requesting and squabbling with our police officers who issue fines for littering (yes, in Sikkim at least this is a pretty common concept since we are a heavily tourism and ecology intensive state).

Believe me I have seen what mainlanders do to the ecology of Hilly areas I don't want that to happen to India's North east. Good to know that you are disciplining those tourist idiots

Won't this be a problem for drivers from all nations?

How will they adjust to the change when they change the borders?

Or will there be 2 Highways for both kinds of drivers?

Dunno if its already been answered but 2 highways would be two expensive.

It will not be a huge problem as long as people keep to their side of the road after the border switch. Truck drivers and bus drivers (from India for example) will be given the appropriate training and will chose a vehicle that accommodates LHD/RHD with respect to the majority of the distance....in this case it will be LHS (RHD) (India, Thailand) given only Myanmar is RHS (LHD) in the route in question.

Private cars, people will have to drive with caution...motorcycles should not be a problem...just have to remember everything is reversed etc.

Nagaland's problem is that Baptist Church has transformed them into another philippines; only this time it is more aggressively 'anti-indian'. Also successive government encouraged missionaries of US to come and convert under Nehruvian "globalist culture" romanticist ideas. This was a continuation of the British policies which encouraged conversions during colonial era.

And the result is for all to see.

In fact, interestingly enough swami Vivekananda had warned of this development in pre-independence era and so did many members of the "right wing". But the "secular, liberal, awesome" governments ruling from "left-centre of political spectrum" didn't give a rat's rear.

Baptist Church is one of the most radical churches and most of the xenophobic tendencies in ultra-conservative pockets of US originate due to the presence of these churches.

Put such a religiosity in the minds of a population tiny, isolated and distinct of another country... and bang you get NSCN, NSCM and militant groups actively funded by western churches and even some neighbours.

I don't blame common Nagas at all.

Just the "secular liberal awesome" governments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Mizoram

In Mizoram,it seems the Presbyterians & the Baptists are both strong. Do they hate India & Hindus as much as Nagaland does.
I know they are peaceful today & there was a pact reached with the militant leaders following which they swore loyalty to India & became part of the mainstream. But is any future violence possible?

According to a mizo blogger here http://mizohican.blogspot.in/2007/10/chp-149-mizoram-denominations.html
Presbyterian Church of India -66%
Mizoram Baptist Church- 15.6%
UPC (Mizoram)- 5.5%
Salvation Army -6.5%
7th Day Adventist- 2.1%
Roman Catholic - 2.3%

Only for bordering regions.

The permits needed in Nagaland are because NSCN and other militant groups call the shots and the government sucks up to them like wusses.

NSCM in Manipur is responsible for banning Hindi language movies. Common Manipuris have no problem with any language. But NSCM and their Left-christian radicals get funding from US churches and weapons from China and Myanmar's black markets and create havoc.
Yep, you are doing the right thing by fining them .:tup: Continue the good work

Yep requests & pleading won't do anything with most Indians.You just have to take the danda & fine them.
They think that they can have a free pass here like they do across most of our nation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.odditycentral.com/news/manipur-the-indian-state-ruled-by-korean-pop-culture.html

Anyway due to that ban,the entertainment vacuum is being filled by all those Korean TV serials,K-pop songs & Japanese anime! [I have read some articles on the influence of this Korean stuff on North-East Indian Mongoloid Youth!]

That is causing the younger gens,especially those in Manipur to turn away from India & towards the East!

Last edited:
In Mizoram,it seems the Presbyterians & the Baptists are both strong. Do they hate India & Hindus as much as Nagaland does.
I know they are peaceful today & there was a pact reached with the militant leaders following which they swore loyalty to India & became part of the mainstream. But is any future violence possible?

According to a mizo blogger here http://mizohican.blogspot.in/2007/10/chp-149-mizoram-denominations.html
UPC (Mizoram)- 5.5%
Salvation Army -6.5%
7th Day Adventist- 2.1%
Roman Catholic - 2.3%

Personally I am not fond of Congress but what Indira Gandhi did was important to find the final solution.

And she did it with grit and ruthlessness that can only match the Chinese, Imperial Japan and Germany.

The result? Mizoram is the second-most peaceful state in India after mine. :D (We kinda compete on this if you ask me).

Sadly, the political system is so weak today that no PM even with all 543 seats to his party has the guts to do it.

@Tshering22 @The Huskar @zootinali

Do check this post+ the last few posts on this page.Am I right on the info. I have collected? & is there any chance of ILP for all states in the North East??
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did some research. Seems like Assam,Manipur, Tripura & Meghalaya have no permits of any sort for Indians.

Though there are some requirements for foreigners. Thought I read somewherer that the GOI is willing to streamline & make the process of getting a permit easier for the countries on this highway.

Some parts of Sikkim have a permit & you need a permit for the entire state of Mizoram,Arunachal Pradesh & Nagaland(if you are an Indian).

& his highway goes through Assam,Manipur & Nagaland

http://goindia.about.com/od/northeast/qt/north-east-india-permits.htm

https://www.quora.com/Which-Indian-states-do-we-need-some-kind-of-permit-to-travel-to-and-why
Some local organistaions are figting to implement ILP all over N.E , fearing threat from immigrants both (ilegal) and pre 71 from BD to local inhabitants who numbers not many population wise, don`t know govt. stanceon these issue , as it hampers growth of the region too.

ILP is required in Nagaland ,Arunachal and Mizoram,(not required for Central govt. employees ,PSU,Central institute officials , mere possesion of I.D is enough if at all anyone bothers to check). Dimapur in Nagaland also is not covered under ILP , i think , no one ever asked me to produce ILP. I m not sure about manipur though. Obtaining an ILP is very easy , one need to posses just a valid prrof of ID like license , school/college ID etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Mizoram

UPC (Mizoram)- 5.5%
Salvation Army -6.5%
7th Day Adventist- 2.1%
Roman Catholic - 2.3%
Yep, you are doing the right thing by fining them .:tup: Continue the good work

Yep requests & pleading won't do anything with most Indians.You just have to take the danda & fine them.
They think that they can have a free pass here like they do across most of our nation.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.odditycentral.com/news/manipur-the-indian-state-ruled-by-korean-pop-culture.html

Anyway due to that ban,the entertainment vacuum is being filled by all those Korean TV serials,K-pop songs & Japanese anime! [I have read some articles on the influence of this Korean stuff on North-East Indian Mongoloid Youth!]

That is causing the younger gens,especially those in Manipur to turn away from India & towards the East!

Not true, 'hate' is absolutely not true. Naga folks doesnot hate anyone neither does the mizo people.
As for east asian cultural phenomenon it is true not for N.E only but for whole of asia.
it is same as other Indian youths following the american culture. Infact N.E youths despite their liking for EA culture are still rooted strongly to our own indigenous culture in comparison to youths of other part of country. To say that indian state ruled by korean pop culture is just pure bs media hype.
You should see follow local entertainment scene , its not that we have to choose between Bollywood and EAsians only , local musicians are best.

Well there seems to be a lot of problems in Thailand. According to Journeyman pictures documentary.
1. North Thailand belongs to Buddhist
2. South Thailand belongs to Malaysian muslims

Thailand is actually a two nation state like Israel and palestine.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom