What's new

What is the best we can hope to achieve if everything went right?

Baburfromsarmarkand

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
In sports, there is something called 'genetic maxxing out' where you are simply unable to progress further in muscle gains due to simple genetics.
Given the resources this nation has, the human capital, the people IQ and strategic placement, what could we realistically achieve if politics was all done in favor of the nation? And all available resources were leveraged for max ouput.

Could we become another Japan or South Korea?
I personally think we would be another BD and possibly not grow any further than that. The idea of being a superpower is likely out of the question. But I was curious to hear ur thoughts.

The countries who deserved to become Asian Tigers they became tigers
Our claims just remained just that , hope and statements .....

We went back to 1857 slavery under this Fauj

Every 20 year they f up country , and enslave the upcoming generation for another 20-25 year cycle

Many of the people now going to jail are the generation who might have seen Fatima Jinnah's betrayal which the army tried really hard to erase from history (fact I did not knew about such things)

Same tactics are being used as it was done back in 1971 , manipulation - Lies and much more

Last edited:
In sports, there is something called 'genetic maxxing out' where you are simply unable to progress further in muscle gains due to simple genetics.
Given the resources this nation has, the human capital, the people IQ and strategic placement, what could we realistically achieve if politics was all done in favor of the nation? And all available resources were leveraged for max ouput.

I personally think we would be another BD and possibly not grow any further than that. The idea of being a superpower is likely out of the question. But I was curious to hear ur thoughts.
with or without the religion

You would have a profile about 1/7 that of your smelly, head-bobbling neighbour to the east. T&C apply.

with or without the religion
Yes, T&C apply.

Lot of IFs

But Theoretically we can match India. Apart from the population, we do have several added advantages by being also a Muslim state.

+ Agriculture of Punjab and Sindh (really big wasted domain)
+ Tourism in the North
+ Minerals, Gas and Oil in Balochistan (whatever is left of it)
+ Trade routes for China, Afghanistan and even India through the coastlines
+ instead of importing IT software applications used by our banks and government, we can get them built at home
+ if government switches to 100% Pakistani manufactured vehicles only, look how much THAT kick-starts

I would certainly like to sell nuclear power technologies too (but at a later stage 😊)

I would certainly like to sell nuclear power technologies too (but at a later stage 😊)
I would certainly like for us to use nuclear power for our own damn selves first. Seeing as are still buying the most expensive electricity in the region and piling on circular debt like there's no tomorrow. :lol:

Some points from my side:
1) BTW, very interesting topic.
2) To become a super power is costly. And super powers rise and fall. But there are some other countries which are not super power, but no one messes with them. For example Netherlands and Switzerland. I mean, why to take stress to become something that will fall within one century?
3) Genetics are important. But every race has her niche. We may be bad at banking, but we are good at engineering. We may be bad at engineering, but we good at medical sciences etc. IQ increases with study and exposure. In this case, we can occupy our niche. And even in that, one day another nation will outrun us.
4) Pakistan can become a power, specially if we combine all our "stan" nations till Russia, and connect them all with Arabian sea. For that, we must learn how to make things within our budget, and how to not borrow any money for any sort of project. Even then, we will reach a certain limit. And going beyond is also not necessary.
5) the survival of our nation is in avoiding wars and become necessary for the world. India did that upto an extent, and with very hard work.

2) To become a super power is costly.

I truly believe there's been no "super power " concept before USA (in the modern history ). Even Russia was alright before. In any case , we can all agree that should never be a goal.

Being strong enough that you are not bothered easily is good enough.

I would certainly like for us to use nuclear power for our own damn selves first. Seeing as are still buying the most expensive electricity in the region and piling on circular debt like there's no tomorrow. :lol:
True !
We have a vehla nuclear plant near Karachi.

One of the reasons for the very expensive electricity is Our Glorious Political Leadership getting kickbacks and letting the power providers decide on the terms and conditions.

And of course, not paying electric bills while shutting down two electric lights for an hour in their "austerity drives".

Last edited:
We don't aspire to become Japan or South Korea. Bangladeshis do aspire to be like Japanese but they are maxed out at QHP, Quantum Hilsa Paradox.
I personally think we would be another BD and possibly not grow any further than that.

Pakistan cannot be Bangladesh. However Sindhudesh, Punjab, Balochistan and Pashtunistan can become Bangladesh any day they like.

We have simpler aims in life. The glorious resolve we have set ourselves for is peaceful and harmonious existence without giving up on what we consider sacred and our liberty.

First of all, political stability is needed. I don't care who is in power. Imran Khan or PDM a govt. of technocrats or even another Zia ul Haq for the next 10 years. No more 'long marches', no more 'revolutions', no more agitation. Consistent and focused economic policies and peace with neighbors BUT no appeasing domestic terrorists especially the likes of TTP.

Pakistan does have great potentials and I have often said in this forum that once Pakistan resolves water-availability issues then Pakistan will be fine. Pakistan, despite its rotten military and civilian ruling class, was not too bad from 1947 to well into the 1980s.

There is large, young population. There is plenty of agriculture land. Plenty of spots for 4-season tourism. There is long tradition of entrepreneurship and even some heavy industry in Pakistan. There is plenty of land. Potentially large natural resources via minerals.

I wouldn't look at BD for comparison. With all due respect, BD and Sri Lanka are one-trick ponies compared with Pakistan's potentials. Some textiles, IT services, and tourism? Pakistan too can do all those and much more.

If you are still hoping for best, there is something wrong with you
Pakistan is FUBAR (f'd up beyond recognition) not by an enemy but by her own Army.

hum shaheedon ka khun rung laye ga

rung le to aya hay ab iss se zyada kya rung lagao gye

The goal of a state is not to become a superpower but it should be the basic stuff like peace, progress, education, social welfare etc. It is to make the life easy for its people.
When you have all the basic stuff then there will be a prospect of country becoming strong.

The countries who deserved to become Asian Tigers they became tigers
Our claims just remained just that , hope and statements .....

We went back to 1857 slavery under this Fauj

Every 20 year they f up country , and enslave the upcoming generation for another 20-25 year cycle

Many of the people now going to jail are the generation who might have seen Fatima Jinnah's betrayal which the army tried really hard to erase from history (fact I did not knew about such things)

Same tactics are being used as it was done back in 1971 , manipulation - Lies and much more

First there needs to be a reset in my opinion.

Army's boundarys must be set and guidelines on what they can and cannot do. For example - their business empire which is really rotting these people.
Law and order - Noone is above the law.
Make examples of these corrupt army officials who are sitting with billions on their empire and remove them from all civilian roles.
Next - dismantle the entire feudal system permamently. Land redistribution is a must.
Tax the army business - No subsidy to be provided.
Army businesses must be focused on their core work not in cement, sugar, cereals etc.

No special privileges: like this bungling idiot and his sons.

There is a complete cycle of corruption of the elites who support these hyenas to keep looting.

Riches to riches: Pak economic crisis will not hit its Army generals​

WorldRiches to riches: Pak economic crisis will not hit its Army generals

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...conomic-crisis-will-not-hit-its-army-generals
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...ts-army-generals&via=The+Sunday+Guardian+Live
https://pinterest.com/pin/create/bu...conomic+crisis+will+not+hit+its+Army+generals
https://api.whatsapp.com/send?text=...conomic-crisis-will-not-hit-its-army-generals

File picture of former Pakistan army chief QamarJaved Bajwa (holding the gun).

February 25, 2023
‘These Army officers are bankrolled by domestic industry players who need the Army’s support to get government contracts’.
New Delhi:
When the former Pakistan army chief Qamar Javed Bajwa was still a two star general (of the rank of Major General) from 2009-2013, a chartered aircraft from Islamabad would ferry one of his two son’s to London, where he was studying Bachelor of Engineering at one of the well-known and costliest universities of the world.Also studying with him was another son of a Pakistan army officer, who was not posted in the field, but was handling a “desk job”.
However, what made them different from the other Asian students, who had mostly taken student loans to study in the UK, was the wealth attached to them that would invariably become visible from their living standards.This was the time when Pakistan, like other country, was reeling from the global economic crisis of 2007-09 and its GDP had fallen from 6.8% in 2007 to 1.9% in 2009 and the inflation rose from 7.8% to 20.8% which led to millions of the less privileged population of the country not even having enough to eat.
People who follow these developments say that the number of children of serving and retired Pakistan military officers who studied or are studying in the UK comprise one of the biggest chunk of overseas Asians.
The average fees of pursuing an engineering degree from a good UK-based university during the 2010s for an overseas student was about 25,000-28,000 pound per annum which translates to 3,500,000 Pakistani rupees at the conversion rate of PKR 140 which was the rate at that time. The average salary of a two-star general in Pakistan at that time was not even Rs 1.5 lakh.
According to officials, the economic dire straits which Pakistan finds itself in today—which has brought global attention and pleas for help—has never impacted the army generals in the past and is unlikely to do so in the present or the future as these army officers do not depend on the Pakistani economy to sustain themselves.
The top ranking army officers, London-based officials say, are bankrolled by domestic industry players who need the support of the army to get government contracts. These same domestic players, in most of the cases, return the favour to the men in uniform by arranging for the present and future well-being of them and their family members in UK and Canada.
This includes getting the admission of their children in UK universities, taking care of their stay and arranging for their jobs in companies based in Dubai and London once they graduate.And these favours, that also includes purchase of movable and immovable properties, arranging for shares in hotels and travel related business, are not missed by either the British Intelligence or the US intelligence officials who, in some cases, have known to facilitate these favours for the Pakistan army generals with the idea to use them at an “appropriate time”. Even the Chinese entities, which are among the biggest investors in Pakistan, and are known as among the most liberal players when it comes to loosening their purse in lieu of taking favours, have bought assets for the Pakistani armed officers in the UK. Almost all of these transactions have been done in the name of limited liability companies (LLCs)whose real owner is hidden under a long series of legal documents which are not publicly available.

Back
Top Bottom