What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about the best capital city in Europe :woot:
anybody please create this thread for me :lol: and poll will be highly appreciated

@ topic
Islamabad is the only city i have seen from the list and i think its great! and as i said before, its a dffierent kind of city. You cannot compare it with New Delhi...... never ever

i am not saying that other cities r any less glorious.......but u have to agree that newdelhi fits the bill more....... :)

I wouldn't know, never been there. Islamabad is the cleanest, best developed, prettiest out of all them I think. New Delhi has its positive points too

I'd choose based on cleanliness, greenery and scenery...and until 2004 or so I would've taken Islamabad 100%. As of late though, Islamabad is becoming needlessly dense and increasing in pollution. Capital cities should be distinct and calm, not bustling, crowded and dirty. With Pakistan, the bustling/crowd should be sent to the emerging cities, such as Faisalabad, Kamra, Sargodha, Hyderabad, etc...Islamabad should remain as a hub for education, policy-analysis, etc...and be clean of the ills of city life. But the way Islamabad is going, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the capital shift to Gwadar in a couple decades.

Known internationally for its architecture and urban planning, it is also the first planned city of India. Chandigarh is home to numerous architectural projects of Le Corbusier, Pierre Jeanneret, Matthew Nowicki, and Albert Mayer. The city tops the list of Indian States and Union Territories with the highest per capita income in the country at Rs.99,262 at current prices and Rs.70,361 at constant prices (2006–2007). As per a study conducted by Ministry of Urban Development, Chandigarh has emerged as the cleanest city in India

Chandigarh officially is the best city in India

chandigarh.jpg

Islamabad can't be compared to Delhi,ISB is a hilly area and has many locational disadvantages.
Therefore,the Infrastructure and other facilities will obviously be superior in New Delhi.
ISB is a recreational place and New Delhi is not of the type which boasts natural beauty,but it certainly is ahead of Islamabad in many terms except natural beauty.

Guys After watching the following video I have concluded that Islamabad is best because you won't see such trash or cows on road in Islamabad and specially slums as you can see in this video.Islamabad is well built and polluting rickshaws are not allowed in Islamabad.
MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it

Best city in South Asia.

Mumbai

Ask any Mumbaikar :)

chandigarh rokz :- the city beautiful
stylish city of india
Richest city in india
fashionable city of india

Islamabad

I remember reading an article where a foreigners often say they found Islamabad better than Delhi,on many counts,that i guess before Commonwealth games.I heard many parts of the city has been restructured.

Would love to visit and tour Chandigarh,New Delhi,Islamabad someday :smitten:

Either way,after 2020 all of South Asian cities, will look different. :cheers: .

When GIFT gets built it will be a international finance hub like shanghai

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom