What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well , i have been staying in noida for last 24 years , and i can tell u delhi is not a very clean city.
probably the pausch areas look elite and classy , but the interior areas are very dirty and full of slums.
commonwealth games have given a great boost in the development of delhi.

but overall , i guess delhi is best capital in the region.

What are u trying to say??:what:
Dirty,but over all the best??:argh::argh:
Delhi is the greenest city in Asia,as i read on Hindustan Times, which was completely green printed to highlight this!:cheers:

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

[/COLOR]How does beauty make Islamabad the best capital???:what:

Islamabad is not the best but the second best following New Delhi in overall comparison. Nowadays , slums are important factors while defining beauty of a city. This is also why New Delhi could have been a much better city without the slums.

What are u trying to say??:what:
Dirty,but over all the best??:argh::argh:
Delhi is the greenest city in Asia,as i read on Hindustan Times, which was completely green printed to highlight this!:cheers:

bro , i dont think there is any area in delhi that has not been visited by me.
so i know delhi is not a very clean city , when it comes to the interior areas.
and when i say delhi is best in the region , its relative to ther other cities in contest.
obviously delhi is not better than paris.

Chandigarh is the dream planned city.

Brasilia, Islamabad and Chandigrah were designed and founded in the same era (within a few years of each other). Although Brasilia is more populous than the other two, comparative progress of all three cities reveals the nature of their development and as to whose advantage the municipal authorities were working.

Had the CDA Board been an elected body rather than a bureaucratic structure (in a perfect sense), it would have pursued poor friendly projects rather than catering to the elite at the expense of the poor using tax payer money.

Islamabad's fan design was criticized at the very conception but of course their are nay sayers everywhere and debate over sustainability is always hotly contested. Nonetheless, Islamabad emerged as a city with its fair share of problems.

The anti-poor character of Islamabad is visible in one of its most important aspects. While it is unrealizable that a city does not get divided into high and low income residential areas, Islamabad is perhaps unique for it was designed keeping in mind the grade structure. Government workers were shelved off in the farthest developed structure, far off from their working places and without public transport. Parks were developed alongside bureaucratic elite's sectors while the other sectors rotted. In a city where the public graveyard has allotted areas (true for many graveyards in Pakistan as well), the distinction between classes is extremely visible and the nature of the city's social atmosphere is abhorrent to anybody who seeks the promotion of social welfare. The very state of the villages that are within 15 minutes drive from downtown Islamabad is a symbol of the city's atmosphere and the nature of its elite residents who have forced their welfare over public welfare in Islamabad and throughout Pakistan.

I'm not sure how many of you here have studied urban planning, but the magnificence of Le Corbusier's work is personified in Chandigrah. It is one of the most equitable designs for a city and an architectural beauty. Brasilia is a bursting metropolis but it has not failed to maintain a balance between elite entertainment and working class welfare either. Chandigarh, I'll repeat, is rated as one of the greatest planned cities ever.

This debate will be endless and Futile ....
no country luving, self respecting , guy will agree that his capital city is not the best and between Indian and Pakistanis hell need i say ,more....

wat a waste apart from the amazin pics though thans to both the sides!!!!!!

there is no way to decide which capital is the best coz with all the parameters of juding the the most important parameter has been overlooked ... partiotism ......

that out weighs everything ....
:cheers:

Ps: if we go for a poll New Delhi still win ( the pop advantage gonna come in use sumwhere mates......that is till China gets involved )

:coffee:

Last edited:
bro , i dont think there is any area in delhi that has not been visited by me.
so i know delhi is not a very clean city , when it comes to the interior areas.
and when i say delhi is best in the region , its relative to ther other cities in contest.
obviously delhi is not better than paris.

i also leaving in delhi. i also visted every pt in delhi. how could you say delhi is not clean. this means you don't seen new delhi. are you visted dwarka or rohini. how fast construction work is going. i am not considering old delhi because this delhi counstructed by mugals and this is not mordern or planed city .how you compare paris with delhi. france has very low populatiom and its gdp is very high(at no. 06/$2.6 trillion) and india has very high population with $1.2 trillion(at no. 11)

i also leaving in delhi. i also visted every pt in delhi. how could you say delhi is not clean. this means you don't seen new delhi. are you visted dwarka or rohini. how fast construction work is going. i am not considering old delhi because this delhi counstructed by mugals and this is not mordern or planed city .how you compare paris with delhi. france has very low populatiom and its gdp is very high(at no. 06/$2.6 trillion) and india has very high population with $1.2 trillion(at no. 11)

have u been to nangloi , najafgarh , shadipur,baljeet nagar , laxmi nagar , kalyan puri , ghevra etc etc etc... do u know there are hundreds of villages and slums in delhi..??

ure looking at only the elite areas of delhi , which no doubt are very clean.

have u been to nangloi , najafgarh , shadipur,baljeet nagar , laxmi nagar , kalyan puri , ghevra etc etc etc... do u know there are hundreds of villages and slums in delhi..??

ure looking at only the elite areas of delhi , which no doubt are very clean.

but delhi govt doing work hard. i hope that you read in TOI that there is renovation plan for old delhi like chandani chowk master plan. DMRC has a plan to extend rohini line to nangloi. and also there is no slum in laxmi nagar. laxmi nagar is a market place. because of this laxmi nagar is crowded area.

aur ekaur bat agar india mai slums na hote to slumdog millionaire kaise banti :jocking

Last edited:
but delhi govt doing work hard. i hope that you read in TOI that there is renovation plan for old delhi like chandani chowk master plan. DMRC has a plan to extend dwarka line to nangloi. and also there is no slum in laxmi nagar. laxmi nagar is a market place. because of this laxmi nagar is crowded area.

are bhai i never said anything bad about delhi.
if its ure city , then its my city as well.

ure not understanding why i made those posts.

this list is so unfair - without being biased Islamabad takes the lead by MILES!

A Pakistani will always say Islamabad and Indian always New Delhi
The discussion ends here.

are bhai i never said anything bad about delhi.
if its ure city , then its my city as well.

ure not understanding why i made those posts.

aree i understand that because u love this city and want development.

pls gussa mat ho.

A Pakistani will always say Islamabad and Indian always New Delhi
The discussion ends here.

thts y i cleared up it & said "without being biased". u shud b my guest n visit Islamabad if u think it wz a biased comment. You are more than welcome my friend!

I think the final results come.

On top spot there is two contenders.

1.Delhi and Colombo

2.Islamabad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom