What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major Roads

DND flyover(Areial View)

delhi_noida7.JPG

DND flyover

Delhi-Noida_greater Noida Expressway

Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway

Signature Bridge(Completed by 2012)

I agree as I visited New Delhi on numerous of occasions. But you will also like Islamabad which is much organized unlike other Pakistani cities. Another capital city of my choice in South Asia is Sri Lankan capital Colombo.
IMO NewDelhi is the best
Islo is the latest and cleanest

New Delhi by far. I've been to Dhaka, New Delhi and Islamabad. Can't say for Colombo. Cannot imagine Khatmandu and Thimpu in league with the others.

It has an effective public transportation system, is aptly maintained without unnecessary ostentatious displays or elite clubs developed at public expense, does not represent an alien class or culture within India and has a very good layout. The public transport system is extremely good. Islamabad personifies the character of the private transport using upwardly mobile urban middle and elite class, who are the majority members on these forums as well. For them, public transport and poor friendly cities are non concerns. New Delhi isn't poor friendly either, but Islamabad is perhaps the most anti-poor designed city in the region (this coming from Enrique Penalosa).

I'm not talking about Old Delhi, I'm talking about New Delhi only.

People who designed Islamabad prior to it's establishment as the Republic's capital were all educated and nurtured by the British elite. Most of them spent their youth in the UK. That is why , it is no wonder that Islamabad has an elite template on it. However, I do not mind if that concept gave birth to the cleanest cosmopolitan city in Pakistan.

can anybody plz tell me which particular countries fall under the south asia region..??? thanks in advance.

People who designed Islamabad prior to it's establishment as the Republic's capital were all educated and nurtured by the British elite. Most of them spent their youth in the UK. That is why , it is no wonder that Islamabad has an elite template on it. However, I do not mind if that concept gave birth to the cleanest cosmopolitan city in Pakistan.
Dude,Same goes for Delhi as well,btw Pakistani and India were the same,during the british rule,Delhi and Islamabad would have had the same attention,maybe more for Delhi.

can anybody plz tell me which particular countries fall under the south asia region..??? thanks in advance.
South Asia typically consists of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, the Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Some definitions may also include Afghanistan, Burma, Tibet

well , i have been staying in noida for last 24 years , and i can tell u delhi is not a very clean city.
probably the pausch areas look elite and classy , but the interior areas are very dirty and full of slums.
commonwealth games have given a great boost in the development of delhi.

but overall , i guess delhi is best capital in the region.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

[/COLOR]How does beauty make Islamabad the best capital???:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom