What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say that Male is the best capital in South Asia at the moment. Delhi--very crowded and criminal, Islamabad--same, Kathmandu--not enough infrastructure, Thimpu--still lots to develop, Colombo--better than Delhi and Islamabad in terms of management but still lot of problems, Burma--no idea the junta keeps it tight.

Male is a nice simple tropical heaven. :)

Im sorry but Islamabad is not crowded and has far less crime rate and far better management...

GOOGLE IT.

UR WRONG.....EPIC FAIL!

Karachi is a bigger city then Mumbai in terms of area, i think NYC is the biggest capital city in the world followed by Tokyo.

Since when is NYC a capital city? Washington DC is the capital of the US

I'd say that Male is the best capital in South Asia at the moment. Delhi--very crowded and criminal, Islamabad--same, Kathmandu--not enough infrastructure, Thimpu--still lots to develop, Colombo--better than Delhi and Islamabad in terms of management but still lot of problems, Burma--no idea the junta keeps it tight.

Male is a nice simple tropical heaven. :)

If you say they are same then you know jack squat about Islamabad, Islamabad is neither crowed, and criminal activity is very very low, everything is awesome except those security check posts piss me off

If you say they are same then you know jack squat about Islamabad, Islamabad is neither crowed, and criminal activity is very very low, everything is awesome except those security check posts piss me off
Well then maybe then you're right. But tell me honestly leaving aside love for the country, do you think that it is the best capital in South Asia? In terms of natural beauty perhaps.. but in terms of everything overall since no criteria is given.

Well then maybe then you're right. But tell me honestly leaving aside love for the country, do you think that it is the best capital in South Asia? In terms of natural beauty perhaps.. but in terms of everything overall since no criteria is given.

Islamabad is the best... good weather,clean,no electricity problem,big wide roads,good trafic system,Good transport system,and managment is awesome, one of the best universities,best stadium,very low crime rate,and facilities for sports everythin.

Islamabad is the best... good weather,clean,no electricity problem,big wide roads,good trafic system,Good transport system,and managment is awesome, one of the best universities,best stadium,very low crime rate,and facilities for sports everythin.

At the cost of the whole nation?

politics aside plus my Pakistani instinct :p .... Islamabad is the Best! :)

Usual cheap shots from insecure people with low self esteem.

Okay dude u won....U can go offtopic and post anything tht u want and is not related to any topic being discussed..

While we get banned for even askin u to stop being offtopic.
Happy?
Now sit back n relax in ur comfy home in USA and talk about anythin u want and lecture us PAKISTANIS who live in PAKISTAN...

Aint even gonna repond to any of ur utterly biased and offtopic posts anymore.

Hmp. I'm not impressed by photos of skyscrapers. The Brits designed Karachi for 100,000 people and that infrastructure now must handle millions. Good city planning is marked less by skyscrapers than by electric and water supplies, sewage disposal, and transportation systems. Build that, and the rest will follow.

Yeah in sanitation, water supply, sewages, pakistan is well ahead of india.

Okay dude u won....U can go offtopic and post anything tht u want and is not related to any topic being discussed..

While we get banned for even askin u to stop being offtopic.
Happy?
Now sit back n relax in ur comfy home in USA and talk about anythin u want and lecture us PAKISTANIS who live in PAKISTAN...

Aint even gonna repond to any of ur utterly biased and offtopic posts anymore.

Yes, yes I have no right to talk about my country since a bigot is lecturing me on what qualifies as nationalism.

Members' Club threads are allowed a far greater degree of freedom on posting according to the topic.

I wanted you to answer on as to what have been the socio-economic costs of Islamabad on the neighbouring areas and whether exclusivity is something we can be proud of as a nation (as opposed to homogeneity).

Since I am pretty sure that you have not and probably do not have the will to study urban planning and/or the socio-economic aspects of a planned city, I'll rest my case since your focus has been on pointing out that you're in Pakistan while I happen top be abroad.

How the heck is it costing the whole nation sparklingway?

I was not stating the economic cost (which has been discussed widely in the mid '60s in the Asian journals of architecture and economics and it's not a rosy picture either).

I was talking about socio-economic costs and the exclusivity that the city's atmosphere and design breeds (Islamabad was designed by Doxiadis based on class structured residence and the design is anti-pedestrian in all aspects). Moreover, it has been established beyond doubt that Islamabad has had a very negative effect on its neighbouring city, Rawalpindi which was envisaged to become part of Islamabad only for the Master Plan to be revised in '74.

I have ranted much on Islamabad much on these forums (besides my newspaper contributions on the issue). I guess you you can find them.

Although Ahmed Rafay Alam does not write on Islamabad normally, he has contributed somewhat to the issue through a number of op-eds as well.

Yes, yes I have no right to talk about my country since a bigot is lecturing me on what qualifies as nationalism.

Members' Club threads are allowed a far greater degree of freedom on posting according to the topic.

I wanted you to answer on as to what have been the socio-economic costs of Islamabad on the neighbouring areas and whether exclusivity is something we can be proud of as a nation (as opposed to homogeneity).

Since I am pretty sure that you have not and probably do not have the will to study urban planning and/or the socio-economic aspects of a planned city, I'll rest my case since your focus has been on pointing out that you're in Pakistan while I happen top be abroad.

Yeah dude im a Bigot and i have low self esteem,im a e mullah,im a hipocrite and the worst guy on this PAKISTAN DEFENCE FORUM as per YOU...

But keep in mind tht everyone has a tongue.But they forget n forgive.

So dont cross the line.

Wat next??????????????

Dont spoil all the thread with ur stinking intellect .. Dont Poison everything, dont Politicise every thread,dont hate everybdy who opposes ur Opinion,Dont use cheap shot and call other ppl names...DONT ACT LIKE A VICTIM

GO POISON OTHER THREADS WITH THE POLITICAL ....
AND DONT DERAIL THIS THREAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom