What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the Islamabad Master Plan in which Pindi will be like a little town surrounded by Islamabad. Will take some time to populate but Islamabad will become huge. Behria, DHA etc etc are part of it.

masterplan.jpg

Having said that i currently live in Mumbai which is more of a Karachi kind of city and a total opposite of Islamabad/Delhi type.But ideally would prefer to live in a Bangalore/Pune type of city.

I dont think you can compare New Delhi to Islamabad. New Delhi is more like Lahore, nothing like Islamabad.

Islamabad is situated in Northern Punjab (not too far from Jammu and Kashmir) surrounded by lush green Margalla Hills. The landscape of Northern Punjab is very different from Central/Southern Punjab. Delhi was historically part of Southern Punjab so its landscape is probably similar to Pakistan's Multan, Faisalabad, or Lahore.

Rikshaws are banned in Islamabad because it causes pollution.

Islamabad is the cleanest most naturally beautiful South Asian capital.

margalla_hills_islamabad_faisal_masjid_mosque.jpg

2_8.jpg

from-refreshment-point.jpg

f10markaz2.jpg

2684544327_a1c21fa8e0_z.jpg

233701566_d1719e78cb_o.jpg

2482541.jpg

2337537.jpg

Last edited:
city of flowers?? really??

Centaurus Islamabad:

2537098.jpg

2537116.jpg

Updates:

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

12072010587.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

Last edited:
If you base a city on unique culture,architecture, Delhi wins hands down. Kathmandu comes second, Thimpu third Colombo fourth.
Islamabad looks like a city with no unique culture of it own. It is just airless and sterile , like a defense establishment. Lahore seems to be the Pakistani city with a unique culture and history.

I dont think you can compare New Delhi to Islamabad. New Delhi is more like Lahore, nothing like Islamabad.

Great pics but Delhi is also not much like Punjab,Delhi is so dry in summer and winter.

The only city like Lahore is its twin,Ambarsar.

Lahoria ya Ambarsaria,no ifs no buts only jatt.

But the only place that would be like Islamabad could be Pathankot/Gurdaspur since they are close to the hills of kashmir.

No rickshaws is so sad,that means middle class people without car have no scope for survival.This is pretty much like Gurgaon and to a good extent Delhi too.

If you base a city on unique culture,architecture, Delhi wins hands down. Kathmandu comes second, Thimpu third Colombo fourth.
Islamabad looks like a city with no unique culture of it own. It is just airless and sterile , like a defense establishment. Lahore seems to be the Pakistani city with a unique culture and history.

Yeah,Islamabad is man made and looks artificial,just like Chandigarh.

Lahore and Peshawar and even Faislabad/Multan would look more unique.

hehe every cities man made bro :lol:, sorry i got your point though

In Pakistan, Lahore is without doubt the "cultural" capital. Has been the capital city of Hindu Shahi, Ghaznavid, Mughal Empire and the Sikh Empire so it claims of being the cultural capital arent baseless.

Much of Lahore was built by the Moghals and then the British.

Everything in Islamabad is built by our own Pakistani people.

And I would rather have all the cities in Pakistan looking clean, beautiful, modern, and green as Islamabad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom