What's new

What is the Best Capital City of South Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^We also had big projects for karachi, just google karachi waterfront, these projects were the biggest projects after dubai, two of projects was from Emaar, one of $43bn USD, they had plans to make 800-towers of average height 30-storey, but all those projects went down to drain with the Parvez Musharraf. :(

2nd project Crescent Bay, cost $2.4bn, and its under construction, should be completed by 2012.
SOme pics of it.

4836596512_1b512f12d5_b.jpg

4836004383_0cc6e8d954_b.jpg

Last edited:
Most these dubai groups like emaar have suffered since the financial crises, dubai which is bankrupt was bailed out by its sister city abu dubai some of their projects have been posponed or even scrapped.

And the investors of those projects had aims to develop skyline in those areas of karachi which are totally empty, they had aims to develop land having area more then Mumbai :lol:

And those projects were not fake, those investors made serious investment in designs etc, Emaar(the company who built Burj Dubai) planned to invest $43bn, Nakheel had plans to invest $65bn and Limitless is a company who had ambitious plans to develop 25000 hectares, in first phase of 2000 hectares, they panned to invest $20bn but sadly all projects are dead :(, but there is hope, there is one more project, having finance from paksitan, KPT tower complex, can i post some videos?

why dig up these threads, better stay buried, they bring nothing but flame war

Karachi is a bigger city then Mumbai in terms of area, i think NYC is the biggest capital city in the world followed by Tokyo.

GIFT is under construction and is being designed by the company which designed the skyline of Shanghai.
GIFT is supposed to have a lot of huge skyscrapers,world financial centers etc.
And the most important part is that:
IT IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
:D

This project will be financed by Arif Habib group i think

Last edited by a moderator:
THX! for the reply, but the website, has info about 2 towers...not that of a pre planned city.

Do u see only two towers in that pic...:rofl::rofl:
I have bigger version for u....

Port-Tower.jpg

But the design has been changed...its even more better now...u can see in this video, that i posted earlier...

Do u have any doubt over this project?
Let me tell u this is not 1% of what was planned for karachi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmp. I'm not impressed by photos of skyscrapers. The Brits designed Karachi for 100,000 people and that infrastructure now must handle millions. Good city planning is marked less by skyscrapers than by electric and water supplies, sewage disposal, and transportation systems. Build that, and the rest will follow.

I'd say that Male is the best capital in South Asia at the moment. Delhi--very crowded and criminal, Islamabad--same, Kathmandu--not enough infrastructure, Thimpu--still lots to develop, Colombo--better than Delhi and Islamabad in terms of management but still lot of problems, Burma--no idea the junta keeps it tight.

Male is a nice simple tropical heaven. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom