What's new

What is Pakistan doing with their Type 59s when retired?

Philip the Arab

Reaction score
Country
Jordan
If anyone knows what they are going to do with the tanks or if they will be converted to Al-Zarrar or made into VN11 heavy APC by China but they are getting older.
One possibility is for Pakistan is to go to Jordan who has experience in converting Centurions, tanks from the 1950's into modern heavy APCs that can resist 25mm rounds.

upload_2019-3-4_9-47-5.jpeg

Chinese Type 59 conversions
vn11.jpg

let type59 still be type59. 100mm gun is still useful against bunkers.
The armor is trash today and there are other bunker busting munitions that Pakistan could get like RPG-32, also the 105mm NATO is way better than the 100mm.

There you go it has an anti-tank missile on it. with a RWS.

@DESERT FIGHTER , This can make them one hell of fire supporting vehicle … …… I will go with your idea ,, After removing extra load of main gun and ammo , we can put add-on-armor and other defensive systems for extra protection .

@DESERT FIGHTER , This can make them one hell of fire supporting vehicle … …… I will go with your idea ,, After removing extra load of main gun and ammo , we can put add-on-armor and other defensive systems for extra protection .
Well how about a few upgraded versions? One with HJ-8 support vehicle, one heavy apc, one heavy IFV and anything else you can think of.

Well how about a few upgraded versions? One with HJ-8 support vehicle, one heavy apc, one heavy IFV and anything else you can think of.
We already have 1000s of APCs …. Time to have IFVs , AFVs and Fire supporting Vehicles.. . If we cannot afford IFVs and AFVs then using old T-59 and converting them into Fire support vehicle(some thing on the lines of terminator) will help our Army , especially infantry , those ATGM can help our tanks and can provide protection to our toothless APCs(M-113),,,,,
I will go with @DESERT FIGHTER idea , I don't think we can afford IFVs and AFVs in current time , our economy is bad , extremely bad.. it is improving but will take 5+ years to show signs of improvement ..
,, it is just wise action , we cannot match india in numbers , we cannot afford Proper IFVs and AFVs(we need them in numbers) so why not use what we have ……. With this move we can try to match indian fire power (which india get from1000s of IFVs )….
From Jordan if we can afford I will say go for Mortars launcher system....

We already have 1000s of APCs …. Time to have IFVs , AFVs and Fire supporting Vehicles.. . If we cannot afford IFVs and AFVs then using old T-59 and converting them into Fire support vehicle(some thing on the lines of terminator) will help our Army , especially infantry , those ATGM can help our tanks and can provide protection to our toothless APCs(M-113),,,,,
I will go with @DESERT FIGHTER idea , I don't think we can afford IFVs and AFVs in current time , our economy is bad , extremely bad.. it is improving but will take 5+ years to show signs of improvement ..
,, it is just wise action , we cannot match india in numbers , we cannot afford Proper IFVs and AFVs(we need them in numbers) so why not use what we have ……. With this move we can try to match indian fire power (which india get from1000s of IFVs )….
From Jordan if we can afford I will say go for Mortars launcher system....
IFV conversions? Egypt had a good offer from the U.S. to make up armored M113s with Bradley turrets.
upload_2019-3-4_13-43-15.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom