Votes: 31 34.8%
  • pakistani national identity??

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • hatred of a common enemy..

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • resources...

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
mullahs don't necessarily represent muslims in general, there is no doubt muslims wanted this land as homeland for muslims.. and its no secret that it was created on the basis of religion.

If you know the history, you will realize (one day) that what you said was not Jinnah's POV but Hindu Congressies and RSS.

All the big name Mullahs were against Pakistan.

the same Mullahs even declared Jinna as Kafir

So your statement is not true from historical perspectives.

brother this topic is being discussed so many times
But Jinnah himself said many time in favour of Islamic welfare state
and thatswhy they are called Muslim League or it would be secular league if Pakistan was made for secularism

and thatswhy they are called Muslim League or it would be secular league if Pakistan was made for secularism

Did a Mullah start Muslim League?

Do you even know who started this party and why even they named it so?

Read bhai read.

your posts are based on verylitttle knowledge of history.

Well, you and I are both as much Pakistanis, maybe I am a bit more since you classed me as Pakistani bandhey.

Anyways ...

Pakistan is held together by good people we don't 'see' (or choose not to notice), the one who are very giving and compassionate. This fits with the Surah you've quoted as well. I met Deputy Canadian High Commissioner a while back and that guy was full of praises for Pakistani people and because of that he opted for a second posting here. We may consider this as a norm for us, what his mother said about Pakistanis, that the respect people of this country give to elders is phenomenal. This is one thing she noticed about us and one example, and believe you me there is a lot of good (more than evil) in us that is keeping us together and intact.

Hope this makes sense :)

--Money and weapons. That keep our military strong.
--technical help
--Mexi-Pak variety of wheat that brought green revolution in Pak

Don't listen to leftists and Mullahs if you really really really really want to understand Pak-US relations and as a Pakistani-American you will do wonders for future Pakistan from your vantage point in US.
the mexipak wheat which was given to pakistan unofficially i heard.
no doubt the usa has helped pakistan a lot but these reasons are not enough to keep the country together don't you think?
how many people even know that america helped pakistan with the mexipak wheat?
people will say china is the main helper of pakistan… yet you didn't even mention them.

If you know the history, you will realize (one day) that what you said was not Jinnah's POV but Hindu Congressies and RSS.
any resources? any thing i should read in particular?

the mexipak wheat which was given to pakistan unofficially i heard.
no doubt the usa has helped pakistan a lot but these reasons are not enough to keep the country together don't you think?
how many people even know that america helped pakistan with the mexipak wheat?
people will say china is the main helper of pakistan… yet you didn't even mention them.

Read my list on #75 again. Please!

What's the number 1 reason our country has not become Afghanistan?

?????

“You are free; you are free to go to your temples. You are free to go to your mosques or to any other places of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion, caste or creed—that has nothing to do with the business of the State.”
Muhammad Ali Jinnah

Did a Mullah start Muslim League?

Do you even know who started this party and why even they named it so?

Read bhai read.

your posts are based on verylitttle knowledge of history.

I know bhai jan
Whenever i post i keep it short
but at the end of day i cant convince you
So you keep you secularism with you im out of this thread
I dont understand what is wrong in supporting Islam if someone does you guyz call him mullah
I dont even have a beard :D

I know bhai jan
Whenever i post i keep it short
but at the end of day i cant convince you
So you keep you secularism with you im out of this thread
I dont understand what is wrong in supporting Islam if someone does you guyz call him mullah
I dont even have a beard :D
mullah…..:p:
there is nothing wrong with supporting islam.
we don't call people mullah for no reason its only when they act like one lol

“You are free; you are free to go to your temples. You are free to go to your mosques or to any other places of worship in this State of Pakistan. You may belong to any religion, caste or creed—that has nothing to do with the business of the State.”
Muhammad Ali Jinnah

In his speech at the Frontier Muslim League Conference on
November 21, 1945, he said:

“We have to fight a double edged battle, one against the Hindu Congress and the British Imperialists, both of them being capitalists. The Muslims demand Pakistan where they could rule according to their own code of life and according to their own cultural growth, traditions and Islamic laws.”

In an Eid message to the nation in 1945, he said:

“Every Muslim knows that the injunctions of the Quran are not confined to religious and moral duties. Everyone except those who are ignorant, knows that the Quran is the general code of the Muslims. A religious, social, civil, commercial, military, judicial, criminal and penal code; it regulates everything from the ceremonies of religion to those of daily life; from the salvation of the soul to the health of the body; from the rights of all, to those of each individual; from morality to crime; from punishment here to that in the life to come, and our Prophet (S) has enjoined on us that every Muslim should possess a copy of the Holy Quran and be his own priest. Therefore, Islam is not confined to the spiritual tenets and doctrines and rituals and ceremonies. It is a complete code regulating the whole Muslim society in every department of life, collectively and individually.”

In August 1941, Quaid-e-Azam gave an interview to the students of the Osmania University. The replies he gave to the questions asked by the students explain his depth and comprehension of the basic foundations of Islam. Here are excerpts from the interview:

Q. What are the essential features of religion and a religious state?

A. When I hear the word “religion,” my mind thinks at once, according to the English language and British usage, of private relations between man and God. But I know full well that according to Islam, the word is not restricted to the English connotation. I am neither a Maulwi nor a Mullah, nor do I claim knowledge of theology. But I have studied in my own way the Holy Quran and Islamic tenets. This magnificent book is full of guidance respecting all human life, whether spiritual, or economic, political or social, leaving no aspect untouched.

Q. What is the distinctive feature of the Islamic state?

A. There is a special feature of the Islamic state which must not be overlooked. There, obedience is due to God and God alone, which takes practical shape in the observance of the Quranic principles and commands. In Islam, obedience is due neither to a king, nor to a parliament, nor to any other organization. It is the Quranic provisions which determine the limits of our freedom and restrictions in political and social spheres. In other words, the Islamic state is an agency for enforcement of the Quranic principles and injunctions.

There will be no economic exploitation by the capitalists in an Islamic state. In his presidential address delivered to the annual session of the All India Muslim League, in Delhi on April 24, 1943, he said:

“Here I should like to give a warning to the landlords and capitalists who have flourished at our expense by a system which is so vicious, which is so wicked and which makes them so selfish that it is difficult to reason with them. The exploitation of the masses has gone into their blood. They have forgotten the lessons of Islam. Greed and selfishness have made these people subordinate to the interests of others in order to fatten themselves. It is true we are not in power today. You go anywhere to the countryside. I have visited villages. There are millions and millions of our people who hardly get one meal a day. Is this civilization? Is this the aim of Pakistan? Do you visualize that millions have been exploited and cannot get one meal a day? If this is the idea of Pakistan, I would not have it. If they are wise, they will have to adjust themselves to the new modern conditions of life. If they don’t, God help them, we shall not help them.”

In light of the above, we can see that Quaid-e-Azam was neither for Western-style democracy nor for Mulla-style theocracy. He essentially advocated what may be called Islamic social democracy. But tell this to secularists or to Islamists. They would never believe it. No wonder truth is stranger than fiction. The result? Pakistanis are the real losers, no matter how much materially some have gained. Quaid-e-Azam, on the other hand, will always shine like a bright star in the annals of modern human history. In the words of the American historian, Stanley Wolpert:

‘Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation-state. Mohammad Ali Jinnah did all three.’

Well, you and I are both as much Pakistanis, maybe I am a bit more since you classed me as Pakistani bandhey.

Anyways ...

Pakistan is held together by good people we don't 'see' (or choose not to notice), the one who are very giving and compassionate. This fits with the Surah you've quoted as well. I met Deputy Canadian High Commissioner a while back and that guy was full of praises for Pakistani people and because of that he opted for a second posting here. We may consider this as a norm for us, what his mother said about Pakistanis, that the respect people of this country give to elders is phenomenal. This is one thing she noticed about us and one example, and believe you me there is a lot of good (more than evil) in us that is keeping us together and intact.

Hope this makes sense :)
yard what does our manners have to do with keeping us together?

In his speech at the Frontier Muslim League Conference on
November 21, 1945, he said:

“We have to fight a double edged battle, one against the Hindu Congress and the British Imperialists, both of them being capitalists. The Muslims demand Pakistan where they could rule according to their own code of life and according to their own cultural growth, traditions and Islamic laws.”
In an Eid message to the nation in 1945, he said:

“Every Muslim knows that the injunctions of the Quran are not confined to religious and moral duties. Everyone except those who are ignorant, knows that the Quran is the general code of the Muslims. A religious, social, civil, commercial, military, judicial, criminal and penal code; it regulates everything from the ceremonies of religion to those of daily life; from the salvation of the soul to the health of the body; from the rights of all, to those of each individual; from morality to crime; from punishment here to that in the life to come, and our Prophet (S) has enjoined on us that every Muslim should possess a copy of the Holy Quran and be his own priest. Therefore, Islam is not confined to the spiritual tenets and doctrines and rituals and ceremonies. It is a complete code regulating the whole Muslim society in every department of life, collectively and individually.”

In August 1941, Quaid-e-Azam gave an interview to the students of the Osmania University. The replies he gave to the questions asked by the students explain his depth and comprehension of the basic foundations of Islam. Here are excerpts from the interview:

Q. What are the essential features of religion and a religious state?

A. When I hear the word “religion,” my mind thinks at once, according to the English language and British usage, of private relations between man and God. But I know full well that according to Islam, the word is not restricted to the English connotation. I am neither a Maulwi nor a Mullah, nor do I claim knowledge of theology. But I have studied in my own way the Holy Quran and Islamic tenets. This magnificent book is full of guidance respecting all human life, whether spiritual, or economic, political or social, leaving no aspect untouched.

Q. What is the distinctive feature of the Islamic state?

A. There is a special feature of the Islamic state which must not be overlooked. There, obedience is due to God and God alone, which takes practical shape in the observance of the Quranic principles and commands. In Islam, obedience is due neither to a king, nor to a parliament, nor to any other organization. It is the Quranic provisions which determine the limits of our freedom and restrictions in political and social spheres. In other words, the Islamic state is an agency for enforcement of the Quranic principles and injunctions.

There will be no economic exploitation by the capitalists in an Islamic state. In his presidential address delivered to the annual session of the All India Muslim League, in Delhi on April 24, 1943, he said:

“Here I should like to give a warning to the landlords and capitalists who have flourished at our expense by a system which is so vicious, which is so wicked and which makes them so selfish that it is difficult to reason with them. The exploitation of the masses has gone into their blood. They have forgotten the lessons of Islam. Greed and selfishness have made these people subordinate to the interests of others in order to fatten themselves. It is true we are not in power today. You go anywhere to the countryside. I have visited villages. There are millions and millions of our people who hardly get one meal a day. Is this civilization? Is this the aim of Pakistan? Do you visualize that millions have been exploited and cannot get one meal a day? If this is the idea of Pakistan, I would not have it. If they are wise, they will have to adjust themselves to the new modern conditions of life. If they don’t, God help them, we shall not help them.”

In light of the above, we can see that Quaid-e-Azam was neither for Western-style democracy nor for Mulla-style theocracy. He essentially advocated what may be called Islamic social democracy. But tell this to secularists or to Islamists. They would never believe it. No wonder truth is stranger than fiction. The result? Pakistanis are the real losers, no matter how much materially some have gained. Quaid-e-Azam, on the other hand, will always shine like a bright star in the annals of modern human history. In the words of the American historian, Stanley Wolpert:

‘Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation-state. Mohammad Ali Jinnah did all three.’
i heard jinnah ate pork

as soon as we turn on the tv we can see that our country is a big mess right now, terrorism every where, disease , and energy shortages.
but still our country remains united as of now..
what can be the possible reason still keeping us together
why haven't the pathans started to revolt to make pushtunistan? or sindhis to make sindhudesh?
what is the uniting factor?

-Religion?- 97 percent of our population follows some form of islam.

-pakistani national identity?- have we started to love being called pakistani? that we can set aside punjabi, pastho, sindhi, and balochi to be called pakistani?

-resources?
all are welcome to discuss.

please no replied like " allah is keeping us together" or "allahu akbar"….. we know allah is keeping us together but for now lets discuss the worldly things..
Bhai saare sawal is hafte hi pooch lega ki kuch agle hafte ke liyae bhi rakhaega.

thats not our concern if he ate or not
Dillon ka haal ALLAH behtar janta hai
its pretty much proven that he did eat it… so if he did was secular so…idk about you but if for me that means everything he said about islamic welfare state is bs ect
Bhai saare sawal is hafte hi pooch lega ki kuch agle hafte ke liyae bhi rakhaega.
lol kyon yara? bohat ziada hain kya? lol

Back
Top Bottom