What's new

What India Wants In One Of The World’s Biggest Fighter Jet Orders

Foxbat Alok

Reaction score
Country
India
India is planning to revise the specifications for one of the world’s biggest fighter jet orders, people familiar with the matter said, a move that would allow manufacturers such as Boeing Co. and United Aircraft Corp. to pitch their twin-engine combat aircraft.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has asked the Indian Air Force if the search for fighter jets could be expanded to include twin-engine aircraft after Lockheed Martin Corp. and Saab AB were the only ones left in the fray with single-engine products that met the earlier norms, the people said, asking not to be identified as the discussions are private.

The South Asian country started looking for new warplanes in 2007, a contest that ended with the government selecting Dassault Aviation SA to buy 126 Rafale jets for $11 billion. With talks stalling over price and quality guarantees, the government subsequently scrapped the purchase and bought 36 jets separately to speed up the process.

The proposal for the change is being discussed, and there has been no decision yet, the people said. Defense ministry spokeswoman Swaranashree Rao Rajashekar declined to comment.

The nation’s air force and navy require as many as 400 single-and double-engine combat aircraft, the government has said. The air force is seeking at least 100 planes in an order worth about $15 billion, while the order for the 57 naval planes could be worth about $10 billion, according to Jane’s Information Services
http://indiandefencenews.info/s-3/

India is planning to revise the specifications for one of the world’s biggest fighter jet orders, people familiar with the matter said, a move that would allow manufacturers such as Boeing Co. and United Aircraft Corp. to pitch their twin-engine combat aircraft.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has asked the Indian Air Force if the search for fighter jets could be expanded to include twin-engine aircraft after Lockheed Martin Corp. and Saab AB were the only ones left in the fray with single-engine products that met the earlier norms, the people said, asking not to be identified as the discussions are private.

The South Asian country started looking for new warplanes in 2007, a contest that ended with the government selecting Dassault Aviation SA to buy 126 Rafale jets for $11 billion. With talks stalling over price and quality guarantees, the government subsequently scrapped the purchase and bought 36 jets separately to speed up the process.

The proposal for the change is being discussed, and there has been no decision yet, the people said. Defense ministry spokeswoman Swaranashree Rao Rajashekar declined to comment.

The nation’s air force and navy require as many as 400 single-and double-engine combat aircraft, the government has said. The air force is seeking at least 100 planes in an order worth about $15 billion, while the order for the 57 naval planes could be worth about $10 billion, according to Jane’s Information Services
http://indiandefencenews.info/s-3/

Good, another mother of all big mouth making.

Time for Pakistan to start the 5th gen production of JF18
Sir they are doing it since 2001 why waste money they want drama only

What happened to mother of all defense deals?
That was congress drama now face bjp show time hahahahh

Will buy only 36 Rafales, no need for 126: Parrikar
“I also feel like having a BMW and Mercedes. But I don’t because I can’t afford it. First I can’t afford it and second I don’t need it. So, 126 Rafales was economically unviable. It was not required,” Mr. Parrikar said.

When it comes to defense acquisition Pakistan is way better than India. They do not have to worry about any deal till it is signed. We take a decade of o just decide which one we want. Ridiculous.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom