What's new

What if China and US went on a Full scale war ?

Don't bring Pakistan into this , your post is reported one more post like that and you will get banned from the thread .

Does Pakistan not have a stake in this US and China conflict ? Why do you deny this ?
Why did Pakistan have a stake in the AFGAN conflict each time them ?
Will Pakistan fail to work as a mediator between its allies ?

Is @Starlord an alter ego for any of the mods ? I see that obvious BAN threat like that weekly NASR threat and as always nobody takes it seriously.

Realistically Speaking China would never want Pakistan to get involved in the war militarically because in case of war the first thing to do is to cut down the other sides trade with the other's and do as much as one can to stop economy of the other so China in case of war would want the CPEC running. Pakistan only fighting will be through dialogues in which America will keep threating to deny the trade route to Chinese which Pakistan will keep open to the Chinese, other than that you are right Pakistan won't allow movement of American supplies to Afghanistan but it is not a very big contribution from Pakistan to Chinese in case of war.

Note: As soon as the war starts and if it is of such an intesity as mentioned by the OP, China would surely take out the american bases in afghanistan through it's air and then few missles as it will not like to get poke from behind as it will be mainly concentrated towards America on it's sea side.

I am not going to speculate on the economic front in case of a US-Chinese war. But one thing for sure, CPEC alone would not be able to sustain in a US/Chinese war scenario. Keep in mind, in case of War, Chinese economic will change from a peacetime economy to a wartime economic, material and resource will be dedicated to the war front, which mean CPEC will be largely ignore as CPEC flow is from China to Pakistan to the outside world, and if China geared into Military production, no much would move outside China via CPEC.

Also most essential material does not flow from CPEC corridor. It was from Russia.

And it would take more than just a few sortie to eliminate US forces in Afghanistan, In this case, US will deploy some force to keep the Chinese busy fighting a 2 front war, just enough to harass the Chinese from sending resource and material from West to East. US does not need to win in afghanistan, the US only need enough to have a present there, forcing the Chinese to mate its move.

To your Afghanistan point I have given the answer in the previous paragraph.

Pakistan will not effect America much in this war this much is clear but to get Pakistan involved militarily the two points I have given shall be the basis. The mechanism for these two points to become active will be

-- India attacking China in which case Pakistan will be forced to be fully involved in the war:

This point can happen if America's influence is strong or very effective in India which in present time I don't see happening and india will never start a war just for Americas stake.

India taking the chance that maybe China will not do any incursion due to war with USA and attack Pakistan:

This can be a possibility during the mid of war when China would have lost some good numbers and fully engaged with America. India may take the risk to start a war with Pakistan and weaken it as much as it can so Pakistan may not pose much threat in future to India but I believe if not by itself China will give whatever military equipment it can to Pakistan as requested and it shall be mainly aircraft's which Pakistan may request during the war from China

As I said, there are virtually no chance for India to engage in a US/China war. There are not much for India to gain to get involved, there are of course outside chance that India will enagege either Pakistan or China for whatever reason, but it would stay really remotely.

Russia may sell military equipment to india in case of war but this point will not be very effective after few years as Russia will be more reliant on China to grow economically. Russia at the moment wants to regain the same position as it once did during Cold era and for that it needs to become economically strong and China is a good way to make it become economically stable so it will help China if not openly than overtly

Not agree with you on this. What you are thinking is at a peacetime condition, where China will have ample resource to maintain a trade advantage over Russia, however, in War, these does not matter, what matter is critical resource, and China have a negative assumption on Critical Resources, which mean the Chinese consume more than they produce in area such as Coal, Oil and Rubber.

In this case, in a war scenario, it was actually the other way around, which China will have to depend on Russia to survive as long as they can going to war with the American.

Russia will, however, like you said, supply material overtly or covertly to China, but almost for sure we can rule out a direct support/military support to China.

Russia will sell material and equipment to India and China in this case.

The land war is not much in favour of America. America will be using war of attrition against China through it's sea and air power which is much more favourable and causing less casualties. The land invasion of China even in a hypothetical sense is not much of a possibility and even if happened China will take the war to a whole knew level, which will be a very bloody one so even if any foothold America makes shall be thwarted back by China. But by your land route invasion possible for America.

--- Vietnam will not allow America the route to invade as it will bring the full might of Chinese air power on them hence daily air bombings on Vietnam and to some extent naval attacks and ground incursion inside Vietnam.

--- Russia will never provide any ground route to the Americans even in a hypothetical sense.

--- Pakistan and India both will not provide any land route as the former being an ally of China will act more neutral if not involved in the war and the later cannot sustain the militarical and economical damage done by the war by providing a land route to America.

--- Lastly remains the North Korea the only possible route for America to invade but it will be like grinding there own troops and by attacking North Korea, America will be forced to keep fighting over there and China will keep supplying any military support it can to North Korea so even if the war stops America would never have broken through the North Korean defences into China, a failed invasion it shall be and all the strikes and bombardment done by the Americans will be like throwing away the money.

Ground war is possible, but will be limited. Depending on how the War between US and China was started to begin with.

US Military can potentially invade China with or without a ground route, but general belief is that without securing a ground route to China, there will never be a ground war.

Vietnam will be the best bet, Second with Afghanistan, India and Pakistan is not recommened due to the geographical sitaution. And yes, North Korea and Russia would be very unlikely.

However, I will have to say this, if there are going to be an invasion in North Korea, it will not be the American who will do it, It will be South Korea in support with American. What you said (about China lending a hand on North Korea) can be a double edge sword, it will also drain Chinese resource on war effort elsewhere where critical equipment were being stuck in the Korea Front.

To speak the truth America will never gain much from Indians, any investment that americans are doing in india the most they will be able gain in return would be few spying stations. To think india would fight for America is very foolish.

True, there are no way India would get involve in this, unless India was threaten by China or Pakistan. I don't even see India will become American eyes on the region.

I enjoyed reading your analysis, and agree with all of it. Points that come to my mind are:

- global economy is largely dictated by the US and western countries. Being cut off from that would very quickly affect any belligerent

- All assets (except gold and physical currency) are held in western banks. The banking system is controlled by the west.

- the US controls the oil trade. Without oil no war will last a day. In addition the US has significant domestic reserves of oil that China does not have

Well, this is an whole new can of worm, where I do not want to go into.

But yes, not too many people realise the Chinese is actually enjoying the good grace from western financial institution.

- The US economy is significantly more prosperous than China (at least in the near future). Their large debt is meaningless because it is denominated in USD and the Fed can simply print money if necessary - a luxury no other country has.

Problem is that China is still manufacture base economy, in case of war, they will have to change from a peacetime economy to a wartime economy, which will damage the already fragile Chinese economy further. US on the other hand, as long as the USD is still world dominant currency, there are always country willing to buy US Bond and finance American's War.

- The US has a significant technological lead (again, for the near future at least). They have the best academia in the world working for them - and their education system makes use of talent from other countries to do R&D that helps constantly modernize and improve offensive/defensive capability

US not only have technological edge, but they also have quantity edge as well. Which mean in a war of attrition, US is going to last longer than China, and hence they will win. eventually. Technological edge only mean how much US will lost before getting there.

- The US military also has significant warfighting experience - a critical factor overlooked and not reflected in simple troop strength comparisons. Acquiring a stealth fighter is one thing, making one at home is another - but knowing which of its attributes work in combat and which do not is something nobody who has not been in combat can know

This can be disputable, but yes, US Military have more significant warfighting experience and it will most definitely help with the sitaution in case of war.

Does Pakistan not have a stake in this US and China conflict ? Why do you deny this ?
Why did Pakistan have a stake in the AFGAN conflict each time them ?
Will Pakistan fail to work as a mediator between its allies ?

Read OP again , i say discus the content of Video, as some Members say Pakistan will remain neutral that's the end of Story .. and for mediator role , again its not Part of discussion ..

Is @Starlord an alter ego for any of the mods ? I see that obvious BAN threat like that weekly NASR threat and as always nobody takes it seriously.

This is not a threat but a Warning , i will report you to mods i am not Moderator here but they do take care of members who go off topics and troll ..

@waz @WebMaster can you guys please issue a OFFICIAL WARNING for trolls ?

What if the come to an agreement and work together?

Yup I guess so, trump probably will come to a deal with China... I don't think so he is going to choose military options..

I find that video somewhat neutral that is why i posted it .. Honestly I do believe China will put up a good Fight but they are not yet there to defeat an all out invasion of US with all its assets in involved , US is still ahead of China and they catching up fast enough ..

my questions are as follow ..
1- In the Video the presenter has not much shed light on Chinese Submarine Fleet which is good both in Quality and quantity , so besides the Pi8 Anti-Sub Air craft what other option USN will have to tackle the huge Fleet of PLAAN ? a combination of these Subs and their DDG's there will be quite a lot of Anti-Ship Missiles firing towards USN fleet .

The problem for PLAAN is their Information warfare section. Being outnumber wit hall type of ship is one thing, but unable to detect and track them over the vast ocean is another. The process known as ISTAR which the US have invested significant asset and resource in.

The problem is that in East China Seas alone, there are 5 entry point that can break into the Chinese Coast, Stretching from Okinawa to Taiwan. Chinese Navy ship will need to break into 3 tacticals column (or fleets), one column put in reserve, one for military shipping intridiction, and the last one for commerce shipping interdiction.

There are not enough Chinese ship to guard all 5 entry points from East China Seas, when you also put South China Seas and Sea of Japan as well, there are no way China can cover all of their coast at the same time. Because you need to remember, for a defender, they will need to defend the whole length of the coast, but for the attacker, they only need to choose one or 2 entry points. So either Chinese Navy will try to thin out her force and cover all possible entry point (which is a bad move) or Chinese Navy will have to engage the US Navy like the Japanese do during WW2 which is form some sort of Mobile Task force to group together and go up and down patrolling the coast

However, without a dedicated ISTAR, it will take a long time for the Chinese to require target and engage them in a timely manner, on the other hand, US ISTAR network is quite well established, which mean they can pick up and track the Chinese fleet before the Chinese can detect the US fleet. Effectively, US will try to deal with Chinese Surface fleet first, overwhelming the Chinese surface ship force using the Destoryers and Naval Aviation while avoiding the Chinese sub, then when the surface support is gone, the US will start using their naval and air asset to tackle Chinese subsurface threat.

Now, China have some 30 destoryer, with around 60 submarine, however, most of them are older outdated model, where as US have an All-Aegis Destory and Cruiser and nuclear power sub. Which mean Chinese will need their ISTAR capability more than the US

2- Do you think that Japan will enter the war with its Air force and Navy cause US will be using Japanese Bases as you mentioned and if they did, won't it bring Russia into that War ? along with other Chinese Allies ( not Talking about Pakistan )

I don't understand why Russia will involve in the war once Japan was involved, the reason why Japan will be involved is because they are being attacked by the Chinese, unless Japan decided to have a go at Russia for whatever reason, Russia should not be involved in this scenario.

Also, Russian involvement will most definitely drag NATO with it, which is something China do not want. So I cannot see how Russia will be involved, even how China would want Russia to get involve.

Also, beside Pakistan and North Korea, there are not other Chinese Allies in the region that can do some damage to the US.

3- How many Carrier battle groups you think USN will pitch against the collective PLAAN ? will they be close enough for Chinese to concentrate their Attack on certain epicenter , or USN carrier groups will be scattered across the Indian Ocean and South China Seas ? which will be best option ?

US will most likely deploy 6 CBG with 3 to 4 Assault Group with mini-Carrier each to deal with the PLAAN in a total war sitaution.

US will most likely stretch out the war into multiple front. So they will put 2 CBG in the Indian Ocean, 2 CBG with 2 AAG in South China Seas, another 2 CBG and 2 AAG in East China seas.

4- Do you think that US will even if have Air superiority will Invade the main Chinese land with Ground forces ? Chinese have 2.2 Million roughly Standing Army and even if they front 1 Million it will be really bad for US ground units even with complete or Partially Air cover, Cause i think Chinese will use their Man-Pads and Portable SAMS FM-90 to prevent their Forwarding force getting pinned down by USAF , so how do you think US marines will counter the Numerical Advantage keeping the points in mind i mentioned ..

Ground war is not likely unless there are a direct ground route to China, and if that is the case, the US military will most likely try something like they did during Operation Desert Storm. Where as the USMC will act as bait and pose to launch a Seaborne Assault to drive the Chinese defender out of the potential invasion route, then pour man and resource to the invasion route.

Also, it worth notice that numerical superiority did not actually exist, because of the defence parameter. Which number always favor the attackers, simply because if I have 4 front lines (forming a square) to defend, you will need to defend all 4 fronts in order to prevent the enemy from getting into the center of the square, however, for the attacker, you only ever need to break one front. A prime example is the Battle of Singapore during WW2, where the Brits outnumber the Japanese 4:1 but due to the need to defend all the lines on the tiny island of Singapore, the brits was outnumbered locally.

MANPAD affected gunship more than Fastair, not too many fixwing aircraft was brought down by MANPAD during both war in Iraq and Afghanistan, there are SOP to deal with MANPAD/SAM threats, overall, it does not hamper USAF CAS operation much.

5- Last, as a Neutral Person what do you think China should do in case of War which lasts months to prevent a full on defeat ? and stretching the Time of war, will it help US or China more Relatively ?

Thanks and Apologize in Advance if some questions sounds silly :) I am trying to learn it like a layman ..

It would work agaisnt China to stretch out the war, unless you are talking about stretching it over decades.

US only have a faction of their resource deployed in Asia, roughly 1/8th of the force has been deployed to the fareast. If China want to avoid a full on defeat, then what Chinese need to do is to take the initiative to the US Military, engage and attack the US asset in Asia now before US can reinforce their position and pushes the US force as far as they could

The further the Chinese can push the American away so they will have to start further away from China the better, it will give China more time to prepare and recover for the US reinforcement

The more time the Chinese gave the American to wait for reinforment, the harder the Chinese can fought with a half strength or full strenght US Navy.US can bring a lot more resource to bear on China, on the other hand, Chinese need o build their force from stratch.

Hope it help answering your question

Last edited:
Thanks @jhungary for the Detail and neutral Analysis .. your posts are always a delight , now i just have to read about ISTAR ..:tup:

One more thing, i did not want to go that way but as you mentioned in your Post " Also, beside Pakistan and North Korea, there are not other Chinese Allies in the region that can do some damage to the US. " What Damage can Pakistan do to the US , will it be something like not allowing US logistics or you mean more like a Interference in battle ?
rest all my questions Answered ..:enjoy:

Reading some of the messages, signifies how insignificant India and Pakistan are at the moment in a conventional war.

Reading some of the messages, signifies how insignificant India and Pakistan are at the moment in a conventional war.

That because of geography... they rather stop fighting than using himalayas... :sick::sick::sick:.. we might be neighbours but thanks to Mountains stretch over long border..

Now, China have some 30 destoryer, with around 60 submarine, however, most of them are older outdated model, where as US have an All-Aegis Destory and Cruiser and nuclear power sub. Which mean Chinese will need their ISTAR capability more than the US
Surface fleet (leaving aside Liaoning and LPDs)
  • 34 destroyers, if you include 6 ships fitting out and 1 undergoing seatrials. So, 23 active. Of which 2 956Es are undergoing modernization. So, 21 available. Of which old 6 Luda class.
  • 52 frigates, of which 2 Type 054, 26 Type 054A (including 2 on sea trials and 1 fitting out), and 24 older class ships (053 series), of which at least 1 undergoing modernization. So, 48 active, of which 25 modern.
  • 32 054/A corvettes, of which 1 oin sea trials, so 31 active.

Submarines = 72 (of which 50 modern)
  • SSBN (5, of which 4 modern)
    • Type 094 submarine (SSBN) Jin class. 4 in service
    • Type 092 submarine (SSBN) Xia class 1 in service
  • SSN (9, of which 6 modern)
    • Type 093 submarine (SSN) Shang class 6 in service
    • Type 091 submarine (SSN) Han class 3 in service
  • SSK (58, of which 40 modern and non-experimental)
    • Type 032 submarine Qing class 1 in service
    • Type 039A submarine (SSK) Yuan class Approx. 15 in service
    • Type 039 submarine (SSK) Song class Approx. 13 in service
    • Kilo-class submarine (SSK) Kilo class Approx. 12 in service
    • Type 035 submarine (SSK) Ming class Approx. 17 in service

Facing US 7th fleet (Japan), with direct support by US 3rd Fleet (US West Coast) and US 5th fleet (Middle East). Additional support possibly from 2nd Fleet (North Atlantic), 4th Fleet (South Atlantic), 6th Fleet (Europe/Med/Africa)
3512075476.jpg

7TH FLEET
  • Task Force 70: Carrier Strike Group Five (3 CG, 7 DDG), USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) and Carrier Air Wing 5 (CVW-5), with approx 50 F/A-18 and 4 E2C . Based in Yokosuka, Japan
  • Task Force 71: includes all Naval Special Warfare (NSW) units and Explosive Ordnance Disposal Mobile Units (EODMU) assigned to 7th Fleet. Based in Guam.
  • Task Force 72: the Patrol-Reconnaissance Force of the Seventh Fleet, located at Kamiseya, Japan. Mainly composed of anti-submarine warfare (ASW) aircraft and maritime airborne surveillance platforms e.g. P-8 Poseidon P-3 Orion and EP-3 reconnaissance planes.
  • Task Force 73/Commander, Logistics Group Western Pacific – 7th Fleet's Logistics Force composed of supply ships and other fleet support vessels. Headquartered in Singapore.
  • Task Force 74 – Fleet Submarine Force responsible for planning and coordinating submarine operations within 7th Fleet's area of operations. 3 SSN
  • Task Force 75 – Navy Expeditionary Forces Command Pacific. Located in Guam. Responsible for planning and execution of coastal riverine operations, explosive ordnance disposal, diving, engineering and construction, and underwater construction throughout the 7th Fleet region.
  • Task Force 76 – Amphibious Assault task force. Based in Sasebo. Responsible for supporting Marine landing operations. Composed of units capable of delivering ship-to-shore assault troops, including Tarawa- and Wasp-class amphibious assault ships (1), LPDs (1), and LSD's (2) forming an ARG.
  • Task Force 79 – The Marine expeditionary unit or Landing Force assigned to the fleet, consisting of at least a reinforced Marine battalion and its equipment. This unit is separate from the Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) normally embarked in USS Bonhomme Richard Amphibious Readiness Group (ARG). Marine units serving in 7th Fleet are normally drawn from III Marine Expeditionary Force based in Okinawa, Japan.
In sum: 1 CVNs with some 50 F/A-18 and 4 E2C, 3 Ticonderoga's and 7 Arleigh Burkes. 3 SSN. MPA's. ARG/MEU

3RD FLEET
The primary means of carrying out missions are the four Nimitz-class aircraft carriers attached to the Third Fleet:
  • USS Nimitz (CVN-68, with 48 F/A-18, 4 E2C) and Carrier Strike Group Eleven (incl. 6 DDG, 1 CG)
  • USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70, with 46 F/A-18, 4 E2C) and Carrier Strike Group One (incl. 3 DDG, 1 CG)
  • USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71, with 51 F/A-18, 4 E2C) and Carrier Strike Group Nine (incl. 1 CG, 3 DDG)
  • USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74, with 48 F/A-18, 4E2C) and the Carrier Strike Group Three (1 CG, 4 DDG)
In sum: 4 CVNs with some 190 F/A-18 and16 E2C, 4 Ticonderoga's and 16 Arleigh Burkes. I venture a guess that with each group is at least 1 SSN (i.e. 4-8 SSNs).

5TH FLEET
  • Task Force 50. 1 or 2 CVN with air wing, each with 1 CG and 3 DDG and 1 SSN.
  • Task Force 51, Amphibious Force (Bahrain)
  • Task Force 52, mining/demining force
  • Task Force 53, Logistics Force/Sealift Logistics Command Central, Military Sealift Command (MSC replenishment ships plus USN MH-53E Sea Stallion helicopters and C-130 Hercules, C-9 Skytrain II and/or C-40 Clipper aircraft)
  • Task Force 54, (dual-hatted as Task Force 74) Submarine Force
  • Task Force 56, Navy Expeditionary Combat Command force.
  • Task Force 57, (dual-hatted as Task Force 72) Patrol and Reconnaissance Force (P-3 and EP-3 Maritime Patrol and Reconnaissance Aircraft)
  • Task Force 58, Maritime Surveillance Force (Northern Persian Gulf)
  • Task Force 59, Expeditionary Force/Contingency Force
In sum: 1-2 CVNs with some 50-100 F/A-18 and 4-8 E2C, 2 Ticonderoga's and 6 Arleigh Burkes. 3 SSN. MPA's. ARG/MEU

Thanks @jhungary for the Detail and neutral Analysis .. your posts are always a delight , now i just have to read about ISTAR ..:tup:

ISTAR stands for Intelligence/Inforamtion, Surveillence, Target Acquisition and Reconnissance is something you use for battlefield control, in another words, it combine C&C structure and Target Acquisition capability (Usually use with C4 and form C4ISTAR)

In the US, the ISTAR Network over the horizon is done with a series of E-Type Aircraft. Where as E-3G Sentry and EP-3 provide targeting data on Air, Surface and Subsurface, E-8 JSTAR provdive realtime tracking solution and data procecssing to Command and Control Element, and E-4/EC-135 (formerly as they are retired, now I am not sure which aircraft took its place) will provide Command And Control over Battlefield.

For China, the only ISTAR capability we know of is provided by Satellite imagery, which as with all satellite imagry (and all communication) comes with a real time delay, which means the mode of tracking cannot be done in real time. (Time Gap will appear from target acquisition to target tracking, and more seriously, from Target Tracking to Command and Control element)

In fact, no one in this world can provide real time target acquisition and tracking, not even the US Military, but you can use multiple source to shorten the reaction time, and the US military is the only Military in the world can provide near real time targetting information process and control.

ISTAR is a very complicated concept, I am not sure I can explain it to you in a way you will totally understand, because I don't understand the full concept.

One more thing, i did not want to go that way but as you mentioned in your Post " Also, beside Pakistan and North Korea, there are not other Chinese Allies in the region that can do some damage to the US. " What Damage can Pakistan do to the US , will it be something like not allowing US logistics or you mean more like a Interference in battle ?
rest all my questions Answered ..:enjoy:

The damage is geographical.

Beside the Nuclear Arsenal processed in both country, both country is strategically located between China and US Allies. (Pakistan itself is an US Allies) meaning they can act as a strategic buffer for China to soften the blow to that area.

What Pakistan and North Korea can do is to denied the area around them access to the US Military. If US cannot access North Korean water or will even be attacked if they are going to enter North Korean water, the US Navy would have to either find some other way to attack the Chinese, which will take longer, or go in that area but spilt its force between Main and Escort force.

For Pakistan, Pakistan hold a stragetic sea/land route transfer from Indian Ocean to the Eastern Pacific, in a war between US and China, we will have to assume India will stay neutral (hence Pakistan stays neutral) which mean the normal coastal hugging route between Western Indian Ocean to the East (along red seas, thru suez canal to Yemen then to Pakistan and India thru to Eastern Pacific) is going to be blocked. The only way US can bring in supply from the atlantic would be going around the horn of Africa and comes up from Australia to Indonesia thru to Singapore. Which will take out large chunk of their time.

Another way is to process the equipment from the Med to land route via afghanistan/pakistan border, and this too will be heavily depending on Pakistan cooperation.

As I said in our previous post, time is the key for China to expel a US invasion, because it starting with 2 CBG and 1 AAG, in 1 month time, it would be 4 CBG and 2 AAG with the , and in 3 months time, With the arrival of US 4th Fleet from the atlantic and 5th fleet from the Med, China is staring at the barrel end of 6 CBG and 4 AAG. That's 10 Aircraft Carrier (6 Fleet and 4 LHD)

Which mean every minute China can progress in the war wil lcount toward Chinese victory, and every minute the US loses will count toward their defeat.

Surface fleet (leaving aside Liaoning and LPDs)
  • 34 destroyers, if you include 6 ships fitting out and 1 undergoing seatrials. So, 23 active. Of which 2 956Es are undergoing modernization. So, 21 available. Of which old 6 Luda class.
  • 52 frigates, of which 2 Type 054, 26 Type 054A (including 2 on sea trials and 1 fitting out), and 24 older class ships (053 series), of which at least 1 undergoing modernization. So, 48 active, of which 25 modern.
  • 32 054/A corvettes, of which 1 oin sea trials, so 31 active.

Submarines = 72 (of which 50 modern)
  • SSBN (5, of which 4 modern)
    • Type 094 submarine (SSBN) Jin class. 4 in service
    • Type 092 submarine (SSBN) Xia class 1 in service
  • SSN (9, of which 6 modern)
    • Type 093 submarine (SSN) Shang class 6 in service
    • Type 091 submarine (SSN) Han class 3 in service
  • SSK (58, of which 40 modern and non-experimental)
    • Type 032 submarine Qing class 1 in service
    • Type 039A submarine (SSK) Yuan class Approx. 15 in service
    • Type 039 submarine (SSK) Song class Approx. 13 in service
    • Kilo-class submarine (SSK) Kilo class Approx. 12 in service
    • Type 035 submarine (SSK) Ming class Approx. 17 in service

Facing US 7th fleet (Japan), with direct support by US 3rd Fleet (US West Coast) and US 5th fleet (Middle East). Additional support possibly from 2nd Fleet (North Atlantic), 4th Fleet (South Atlantic), 6th Fleet (Europe/Med/Africa)
3512075476.jpg

7TH FLEET
  • Task Force 70: Carrier Strike Group Five (3 CG, 7 DDG), USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76) and Carrier Air Wing 5 (CVW-5), with approx 50 F/A-18 and 4 E2C . Based in Yokosuka, Japan
  • Task Force 71: includes all Naval Special Warfare (NSW) units and Explosive Ordnance Disposal Mobile Units (EODMU) assigned to 7th Fleet. Based in Guam.
  • Task Force 72: the Patrol-Reconnaissance Force of the Seventh Fleet, located at Kamiseya, Japan. Mainly composed of anti-submarine warfare (ASW) aircraft and maritime airborne surveillance platforms e.g. P-8 Poseidon P-3 Orion and EP-3 reconnaissance planes.
  • Task Force 73/Commander, Logistics Group Western Pacific – 7th Fleet's Logistics Force composed of supply ships and other fleet support vessels. Headquartered in Singapore.
  • Task Force 74 – Fleet Submarine Force responsible for planning and coordinating submarine operations within 7th Fleet's area of operations. 3 SSN
  • Task Force 75 – Navy Expeditionary Forces Command Pacific. Located in Guam. Responsible for planning and execution of coastal riverine operations, explosive ordnance disposal, diving, engineering and construction, and underwater construction throughout the 7th Fleet region.
  • Task Force 76 – Amphibious Assault task force. Based in Sasebo. Responsible for supporting Marine landing operations. Composed of units capable of delivering ship-to-shore assault troops, including Tarawa- and Wasp-class amphibious assault ships (1), LPDs (1), and LSD's (2) forming an ARG.
  • Task Force 79 – The Marine expeditionary unit or Landing Force assigned to the fleet, consisting of at least a reinforced Marine battalion and its equipment. This unit is separate from the Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) normally embarked in USS Bonhomme Richard Amphibious Readiness Group (ARG). Marine units serving in 7th Fleet are normally drawn from III Marine Expeditionary Force based in Okinawa, Japan.
In sum: 1 CVNs with some 50 F/A-18 and 4 E2C, 3 Ticonderoga's and 7 Arleigh Burkes. 3 SSN. MPA's. ARG/MEU

3RD FLEET
The primary means of carrying out missions are the four Nimitz-class aircraft carriers attached to the Third Fleet:
  • USS Nimitz (CVN-68, with 48 F/A-18, 4 E2C) and Carrier Strike Group Eleven (incl. 6 DDG, 1 CG)
  • USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70, with 46 F/A-18, 4 E2C) and Carrier Strike Group One (incl. 3 DDG, 1 CG)
  • USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71, with 51 F/A-18, 4 E2C) and Carrier Strike Group Nine (incl. 1 CG, 3 DDG)
  • USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74, with 48 F/A-18, 4E2C) and the Carrier Strike Group Three (1 CG, 4 DDG)
In sum: 4 CVNs with some 190 F/A-18 and16 E2C, 4 Ticonderoga's and 16 Arleigh Burkes. I venture a guess that with each group is at least 1 SSN (i.e. 4-8 SSNs).

5TH FLEET
  • Task Force 50. 1 or 2 CVN with air wing, each with 1 CG and 3 DDG and 1 SSN.
  • Task Force 51, Amphibious Force (Bahrain)
  • Task Force 52, mining/demining force
  • Task Force 53, Logistics Force/Sealift Logistics Command Central, Military Sealift Command (MSC replenishment ships plus USN MH-53E Sea Stallion helicopters and C-130 Hercules, C-9 Skytrain II and/or C-40 Clipper aircraft)
  • Task Force 54, (dual-hatted as Task Force 74) Submarine Force
  • Task Force 56, Navy Expeditionary Combat Command force.
  • Task Force 57, (dual-hatted as Task Force 72) Patrol and Reconnaissance Force (P-3 and EP-3 Maritime Patrol and Reconnaissance Aircraft)
  • Task Force 58, Maritime Surveillance Force (Northern Persian Gulf)
  • Task Force 59, Expeditionary Force/Contingency Force
In sum: 1-2 CVNs with some 50-100 F/A-18 and 4-8 E2C, 2 Ticonderoga's and 6 Arleigh Burkes. 3 SSN. MPA's. ARG/MEU

Would have imagine the US will use 4 fleet against the Chinese, 7th will bore the first blunt, then 3rd will come in from West Coast or Hawaii, 5th will be coming in from the Mediterranean, and possibly 4th fleet travese from Altantic to the Pacific thru Panama canal.

I dont think China will take aggressive measures to reach out US bases using its naval fleets. It would be a disaster move specially when US could easily use Japanese bases for similar purposes. The more effective strategy for China could be defensive stance. Stay closer and hold the lines. Just like in the Gladiator. In this way China could instigate a significance damage to US, thus increasing the coast of war to unbearable levels so US would not be able to achieve the initiatives. After, consolidating this balance in favor of it self, China than could take more aggressive steps. CPEC will provide a vital role as despite US holding the control of CSC, China will have access towards the Indian ocean.

CPEC would be taken our effectively rendering it useless..

No mention of Laos and Myanmar to be used as land invasion route.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom