What's new

What if China and US went on a Full scale war ?

YeBeWarned

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I came across this Video with the same title as the OP here , i find it somewhat Interesting though i do feel that the Presenter has undermine Chinese Missiles and Defense Systems against the US navy and Air force but overall a Good comparison of Force , Battle , and outcome ..
What do you guys think is it accurate ? if yes than why you think it is ? and if its not accurate than what are your reasons ..
Please don't bring Irrelevant Countries here and keep the thread on Topic .

@Chinese-Dragon @Beast @Deino @Oscar @Khafee @Penguin @Basel @war&peace @Bratva @The Deterrent @The Eagle @MastanKhan @Rashid Mahmood @jhungary @gambit @Desertfalcon @DESERT FIGHTER @MilSpec @hellfire@waz @TaimiKhan @WAJsal @Zaki @Blue Marlin @Syed.Ali.Haider

I dont think China will take aggressive measures to reach out US bases using its naval fleets. It would be a disaster move specially when US could easily use Japanese bases for similar purposes. The more effective strategy for China could be defensive stance. Stay closer and hold the lines. Just like in the Gladiator. In this way China could instigate a significance damage to US, thus increasing the coast of war to unbearable levels so US would not be able to achieve the initiatives. After, consolidating this balance in favor of it self, China than could take more aggressive steps. CPEC will provide a vital role as despite US holding the control of CSC, China will have access towards the Indian ocean.

While US has a bigger military force, we need to keep in mind that US is also has a huge debt, and they will not be able to fight a prolong war with China. Also the US never fights alone, so it will get alot of its allies to join in. Also China will also have help from its allies, especially Russia. The video also hasn't taken consideration of US military bases in South Korea, which are much closer than bases in Guam or Japan.

So there are alot of discrepancies in this video but if there is a war between China and US, it will be a World war and not limited to just US and China.

The video doesn't take into account the Three Gorges Dam.

It's no secret that US military planners have long thought about striking the Three Gorges Dam in order to inflict heavy civilian casualties on the Chinese population without the use of nuclear weapons.

The americans has a industry size of 1/10 of China, and their military force is ill trained, PLA soldiers dominate them in all international military competitions, and thats why they have a very hard time defeating cavemen with AK-47s.

Without going to nuclear war, a full scale war between a fully mobilized China and fully mobilized US will be like pitting WW2-era US against the WW2 era France.

On paper the France then had lots colony and military bases all over the world and a little bit more military hardware at hand, but it means nothing in a full scale war against industrial giant, since the numeric advantage is just a week or so's industrial production when fully mobilized.

Just give you idea, during cold war era, the Soviet can build 60,000-70,000 tanks when in war time mode, and Soviet at their peak time has a heavy industry output about 1/10 of today's China.

Of cause, however if the war quickly go nuke, nobody wins.

Us doesn't have the stomach to fight China, America will not be able to sustain the casualties and the negative impact on public at home. US just has to suck it up and pass the baton over to China eventually as the new world boss

I came across this Video with the same title as the OP here , i find it somewhat Interesting though i do feel that the Presenter has undermine Chinese Missiles and Defense Systems against the US navy and Air force but overall a Good comparison of Force , Battle , and outcome ..
What do you guys think is it accurate ? if yes than why you think it is ? and if its not accurate than what are your reasons ..

@Chinese-Dragon @Beast @Deino @Oscar @Khafee @Penguin @Basel @war&peace @Bratva @The Deterrent @The Eagle @MastanKhan @Rashid Mahmood @jhungary @gambit @Desertfalcon @DESERT FIGHTER @MilSpec @hellfire@waz @TaimiKhan @WAJsal @Zaki @Blue Marlin @Syed.Ali.Haider

Althought I said I am going to need to focus on my school works (my final semester on my MPhil started 2 weeks ago) I am going to make an exception and comment on this post. I hope we can keep this civilize and to the point only to Strategic nature.

To begin with, let me point out a few assumption the video make that is generally not correct.

1.) In the video, it mentioned China will strike US bases in Japan while keeping Japan on the sideline (staying neutral), I don't see this coming, China would still be attacking Japan (albeit they are US bases) and Japan will engage with China if they are to attack US bases in Japan, and the Chinese will not simply attack US Bases in Japan, they will also attack Japanese own bases in Japan, due to the fog of war.

Likewise US Bases in South Korea, Singapore, Indian Oceans (which will bring UK to war), Afghanistan will be involve in such a war, and either China will have to leave all these bases alone or have to drag the above mentioned country for war.

I don't see China have enough soft power to pull an Israel during the First Iraq war, not to those nation anyway.

Once these country are at war with China (China have to attack those country otherwise those country will be make a safehaven to the US), the bases will increase multiple fold.

2.) The video assume the US will attack Chinese Military Power first, then industrial, then economical. From 1990 till now, all the pattern of US engagement suggest Industrial Power first, Economical second, then Military Target last.

3.) The video assume US will initiate the offensive and suffer major lost (it would) even if the back up fleet and materiel have not been arriving to support the war effort. The US will actually play defensively (as in the first part of Korean War) and US will play a delaying action until all accessible materiel in place, then the US will launch their offensive.

4.) If the video assume nuclear power will not be use, then China will also not be able to use DF-series misile (namely DF-21 and DF-26) as thsoe are nuclear capable missile. You cannot launch a nuclear capable missile without expecting a nuclear response

5.) The video did not mention US forces in Hawai'i and Alaska. Both are far shorter distant than US east and west coast to China.

6.) The video ignore the combat drone, logistic and supporting element (Such as EW, Intel, Cyberwarfare) for both Chinese and US military.

The assumption the video made I agree with.

1.) US will suffer a larger lost at the begining of the campaign, once all the materiel inplace, China will suffer more lost to the US.

2.) China would launch Airstrike against US bases in the Pacific, and the assumption that since China does not have a estabished logistic fleet, these flight will be graduately intercepted and destory due to lack of support.

3.) Without a land route (either from afghanistan or vietnam) US will not launch ground attack into China.

4.) the video assume PLAN have to stash their ship or risk losing them all is correct.

5.) China will forego Naval Defence and favor Land base defence.

6.) War of attrition will favor the US simply because US have more equipment than China.

Now, onto my comment.

Make no mistake, if a war between US and China were to happen now, the US will most definitely win this war. In fact, if there are any US/China war in the near future (near mean within 50 years from now), US wll still win the war, but the level of damage done to the US military will increase over time.

US will not attack at all unless they can secure a willing coalition for it, namely EU, Asian allies.

The only way China can possibly win is to take the initiative and engage and destory US and Allies asset in the begining of the war. However, this is most probably easy to say than done, even if China can eliminate the US/Allies threat completely (namely invade and take over Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Australia and other US bases in the Pacific) and thus denied US reinforcement to have access to these area. Chinese force would and should be combat ineffective and possibly drained and stretch their military too far and it would have been a easy prey for the US/Allies Reinforcement.

No doubt the US will fight a delay action on South Korea, Japan, US bases in the Area and wait for the rest of the US Navy and US Air Force power to be able to brought to bear.

The US will then uses Pearl Harbour and Hawaii as a stepping stone and support the war effort from there, local support can also be garnered from country such as Australia, Singapore and Indonesia.

Chinese have too little asset to denied the whole Pacific Ocean for the US military, not without majority of the surrounding country support (Namely, Vietnam, Thailand, the Philippines, North Korea, Malaysia and Indonesia), all of these country have to support the Chinese military in order to close off that part of the Pacific to the American, however, US have 10 CBG and 11 Assault Group with a LHD/LHA each, and the US Navy probably have more Naval power than all these countries, plus China, combine. Even if China can drag Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, North Korea, Malaysia and Indonesia to its side, US Navy still be able to provide sea control to that part of the Pacific. Again, the nly difference is how much US would suffer before dominating the Eastern Pacific.

Pakistan will remain neutral otherwise risk India being drag into the war on US side.

The key of USAF and PLAAF show down is between Chinese sorties and US equipment making up these sorties, the numbe of sorties will largely depends on how much US can damage China air power in the begining stage of the action and Chinese effectiveness on striking US and Allies Air Force facilities.

I came across this Video with the same title as the OP here , i find it somewhat Interesting though i do feel that the Presenter has undermine Chinese Missiles and Defense Systems against the US navy and Air force

Missile defence alone cannot stop US combine Naval and Air Power, the problem is that missile defence only works if these ADS site are protected, but since US Navy alone is about 10 times stronge (Probably more) than PLAN, PLAN would have to comtemplate between stay and fight and being anninhilated in East China Sea (or Japan Sea) or have to bug out Somewhere and seek safe haven. And when that time come, the Chinese coast is then unguarded, and the US Navy can swim ashore and bombard the ADS site at will, it will resulting in thsee site moving generally inland. thus cannot protect the coastal structure, and unless US decided to invade China (Which would never happen unless a ground route is secured) These Air Defence site will be useless against US Air Force and Navy as they have to be positioned quite far inland to protect themselves from US Navy shore strike.

Also, the US have a very good EW and Intelligence Package, ADS remained in USAF coastal AO would be subject to Ironhand mission from a combine fleet of US Navy EG-18 and F-16CJ

Overall, the video would depict a similar outcome had a war between China and US to be fought today. But the video assumtion make the prediction more deadly to the US Military,and if there is a war between US and China, it will not be US and China alone. Local and International Participant will be a part of it, and at this stage, US have more friends than China in the regions.

US may get support from Japan and India militarily...no other nation will be ready to take on China along with USA...
While Russia and Pakistan will help China. However China has the ability to take the war to mainland USA in case USA attacks mainland China... so that's a big deterrent. Though nukes have not been modelled but any escalation of this scale cannot rule out the use of nukes, though USA has much bigger stockpile and good ABMs but it cannot deny all Chinese MIRVed DF-41s to hit their targets and that is enough to cause panic in USA and US people have traditionally been not used to wars and such attacks on their land thanks to their isolated continent and subservient neighbours like Canada..but overall USA has better disaster management orgs like FEMA etc but I think Chinese as a nation are more disciplined and used to following the commands which will come pretty handy in dealing with disaster and aftermath of nuclear strike of 3 Gorges dam while Americans are anarchists under stress and gun culture is common and there will be gun fights on the streets and all types of racial and hate crimes will ensue leading to an exponential growth of chaos, furthermore USA has fledgling economy that stands on debt and China owns a lot of it ...
China has much larger industrial base despite being low tech but in a longer conflict quantity matters more...

That's just from the top of my head..
I just get to work
Wish for a peaceful world..

Last edited:
US may get support from Japan and India militarily...no other nation will be ready to take on China along with USA...
While Russia and Pakistan will help China. However China has the ability to take the war to mainland USA in case USA attacks mainland China... so that's a big deterrent. Though nukes have not been modelled but any escalation of this scale cannot rule out the use of nukes, though USA has much bigger stockpile and good ABMs but it cannot deny all Chinese MIRVed DF-41s to hit their targets and that is enough to cause panic in USA who have been traditionally not used to wars and such attacks on their land..but overall USA has better disaster management orgs like FEMA etc but I think Chinese as a nation are more disciplined and used to following the commands which will come pretty handy in dealing with disaster and aftermath of nuclear strike of 3 Gorges dam while Americans are anarchists under stress and gun culture is common and there will be gun fights on the streets and all types of racial and hate crimes will ensue leading to an exponential growth of chaos, furthermore USA has fledgling economy that stands on debt and China owns a lot of it ...
China has much larger industrial base despite being low tech but in a longer conflict quantity matters more...

That's just from the top of my head..
I just get to work
Wish for a peaceful world..
Pakistan cannot help China. The best it can do is provide intel and logistic support, that too being secretly. If Pakistan would get involved it would drag India into the war, likewise; If India gets involved - it would drag Pakistan into the war.

Pakistan cannot help China. The best it can do is provide intel and logistic support, that too being secretly. If Pakistan would get involved it would drag India into the war, likewise; If India gets involved - it would drag Pakistan into the war.

Pak can help by keeping india out of the war

Althought I said I am going to need to focus on my school works (my final semester on my MPhil started 2 weeks ago) I am going to make an exception and comment on this post. I hope we can keep this civilize and to the point only to Strategic nature.

First of All thank you for replying here despite been busy .. and best of luck for your P.hil Finals :) mostly i agree with you and even where i don't i just need to ask few questions, but your analysis is very neutral .

What if the come to an agreement and work together?

While Russia and Pakistan will help China. However China has the ability to take the war to mainland USA in case USA attacks mainland China...
I dont think any other country will be that foolish to join the war of super powers and suffer the destruction.

That's the typical Chinese/Pakistani thought process.

We won't participate in any full scale conflict unless our own national security is compromised.
Exactly , India is losing nothing why would we even fight and make ourselves willing target. Two can fight each other to destruction.

Back
Top Bottom