What's new

What has Democracy solve for India? Lesson for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the retreat to the unassailable "moral high ground" I was talking about.

There is no moral high ground here.

Just facts - most ppl finding faults in democracy fly a flag of democratic nation besides that of the authoritarian regime they form a diaspora of !

What do you mean by indignity? :what:

Unlike Canada and the US. Indians were forced to adopt British democracy. It wasn't by will. which makes them inferior compared to other states like the UK and France which sought democracy at their own discretion. The same goes for South Korea and Japan, of which one forfeited its right to self-defence and the other forced to adopt a foreigner drafted constitution.

There is no moral high ground here.

Just facts - most ppl finding faults in democracy fly a flag of democratic nation besides that of the authoritarian regime they form a diaspora of !

lol Freedom of speech except for those who don't agree with you. I'm not sure you understand this liberal democracy thing.

Yep, I ran away to HK... just so I could participate in multi-party elections. :azn:

(Just in case anyone doesn't get it, I'm being sarcastic).

Chinese people don't go overseas just to vote in elections, or to celebrate democracy. They go overseas for educational and job opportunities.

Thats just the point.

There are more job opportunities in democratic nations coz their economy is structured differently and are open to employment.

Yet ,, what has democracy solved ?

So, don't try to give any lessons on what is good for us and what is not. We are capable enough to decide that for ourselves.

It is better to find out who started the lecture in the first place.

democracy gives us the freedom to do what we want.. whether we want to be poor, middleclass or rich.. it's our choice.
By the way we can have any number of kids we want in democracy!! do they have that freedom in communist China??

A Chinese member opened a thread in order to discuss what China can learn from Indian mode. But like always, some Indian member spoiled the thread by patronizing us.

We hate to be condescended to by people, especially by people who is behind us in most fileds as of now. And we also hate to lecture others on what they should do, because we know it is annoying.

A decent discussion is based on mutual respect.

We will be nice to people who is nice to us, but we also can be mean to people who is mean to us.

Oh boy I'd like to see you quantitatively prove this one.

I do not need to prove anything , least of all on this forum and to the likes of ppl who want to take the advantages of a system yet find fault in it.

The fact that you fly a Canadian flag speaks for itself.

I think what he is trying to say is democracy is not an inherently superior system of governance.
You cannot necessarily conclude this by relating to just one article. And the topic that this article was dealing with is corruption, which the Chinese govt also hasn't been able to get rid of. So concluding that the democratic govt is not a solution is wrong and in no way promotes or aids corruption.

Thats just the point.

There are more job opportunities in democratic nations coz their economy is structured differently and are open to employment.

Yet ,, what has democracy solved ?

That doesn't explain why so many people want to move from Hong Kong to mainland China.

That doesn't explain why Americans, Canadians, British people etc. come to China to get jobs either.

As far as I'm aware, it's the Western democracies that have been having huge problems with unemployment since the Credit Crunch... not China. So I'm not sure how you can quantify your statement.

That doesn't explain why so many people want to move from Hong Kong to mainland China.

That doesn't explain why Americans, Canadians, British people etc. come to China to get jobs either.

Notice, they come for jobs but do not seek citizenship..wondered why ?

The list of ppl seeking PR from China is endless.

You cannot necessarily conclude this by relating to just one article. And the topic that this article was dealing with is corruption, which the Chinese govt also hasn't been able to get rid of. So concluding that the democratic govt is not a solution is wrong and in no way promotes or aids corruption.

You can't conclude but the op obviously wanted to discuss it.

Oh boy I'd like to see you quantitatively prove this one.

I think what he meant is that in authoritarian states where the government owns a huge portion of the economy, officials can easily conduct backdoor deals to get their relatives jobs, instead of a fair assesment of skills, hence less opportunities for the skilled.

But he was wrong in that the total number of jobs may change. It doesn't.

There is a saying in hindi

" Bandar kya jane adrakh ka swad"

It is strange that ppl coming from countries with authoritarian regimes find fault in a system which they cherish and seek when the go abroad.

You must be kidding me.

If Chinese are there to seek democracy, they should go to India, the largest democracy in the world.

You must be kidding me.

If Chinese are there to seek democracy, they should go to India, the largest democracy in the world.

Something to do with acceptability perhaps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom