What's new

What happens when a muslim prays in a public area in US

Rind e kharab e hal ko,zahid na chairr tu.......tujh ko parai kia parri,apni nabairr tu.

What is this ? avoid such things its not good . You think by such things you will gain anything ?

No wonder why people are suffering because of such irrespective attitudes towards others. Learn to do goodness instead of these tricks on others.

this thread should be closed now b/c eveyone has their own way of thinking and you cant covince eachother and plus i dont like comments of some people here critcising our religion so better close this thread!!!

this thread should be closed now b/c eveyone has their own way of thinking and you cant covince eachother and plus i dont like comments of some people here critcising our religion so better close this thread!!!

Last 5 posts should be deleted before that . specially post 330

Religion belongs to the creator and those who criticise the religion they don't understand what they are doing.

Namaz on top of car boot,in a noisy and trafic running public area is a crowed pulling spectacle .........what an undignified way to pray and propagate `Islam`.

Namaz on top of car boot,in a noisy and trafic running public area is a crowed pulling spectacle .........what an undignified way to pray and propagate `Islam`.
That most of us agreed on...we are not talking about the namaaz on the car but the one in post no. 1

Sir,

Praying in public is a show off---Allah never likes show off's---praying in isles in planes is a show off---you can pray in your seat. Allah has not made the whole world as a Masjid of islam---.
praying in a place like an isle where it causes in convenience is not allowed and should not be done Fully agreed.
Praying in public however is not a showoff. If it was the case you would not have been asked to pray in congregation. Infact some Scholars would say that if you live mear a mosque your individual prayer would not be accepted and at least the fard should be prayed in masjid. As to the earth being a masjid Allah SWT has said
"wa jo elat le al arde masjid aun wa Tahoora."
and we have made the whole earth a masjid for you and clean.

Praying in public place is tantamount to trampling on the rights of others and islam never teaches that---.
awrong as long as the neeyat is not to
Prayer is your connection to you and to your God---and not to tear your heart out in public domain.

Prayer is for your personal salvation---it is your moment of heart to heart talk with your God---and side walks---college walkways, public parks are not the place to connect to your God---.

The islamic prayer---the namaz---is a very private affair---and it shows through the phrases that you say----but when you make it public on the side walk, college hallways, public libraries, public parks, airplane isles----it becomes a show off---.
Absolutely.

I'd go as far as saying. Here in the West, there are non-Muslims who by their actions are more Muslim than our people. They are a good example of how a Muslim should behave and how a Muslim should think, minus the belief, minus the statement of belief and minus the rules of a halal way of life.

What you're saying is the truth.

Nothing and I mean nothing in my life has given me such hope, peace and result as my faith. It sets my mind at ease, and I sleep better than most because of it.

But because we are Muslim, because we view ourselves as enlightened... does not mean we should hold our heads above the rest and look down on others.

Ego is THE biggest killer of faith. The biggest.
You mix your ego with religion and you have people displaying their faith in a gross and unwelcome way.
Pray in public? Okay, if you have no other choice, if your intentions are clear.

If you mean to show other people 'Look! look at me, I am Muslim and proud, so proud that pray openly in front of you. Why am I proud, because this is the truth.'

This is not the way.

Hi.
You have assumed things incorectly.Let us first see the clip again and see what the motives were. Contrary to all of our debate it was to see what happens when people see you praying in public. It is a testament to the tolerance of the west that not only do they allow it but respect us for praying in public and this was what was shown.

Secondly ,when praying or even reading the Quran one should always be mindful of the public and not pray in a manner that you cause obstruction or inconvenience. We are taught that even in Masjid if you pray or read the Quran in a loud voice so that it disturbs your brother praying while standing next to you then your worship and its benefit is lost. It is on the babsis of the Hadeeth "La darara wa la daraaraa". So by that token for instance praying in the isle or praying in a place where you cause hardship for others is wrong and looses its benefit.

Having said that, I stand by my statement that Allah has made this whole Earth masjid and clean for us( Based on an Ayat in the Quran "Wa jo elat le alarde masjidaun wa tahoora" which means exactly the same). So one is forced to ask that provided the above things are kept in perspective what is the benefit of praying in public. I agree with you that it is an exhibition of your faith but not with the intention of looking down on anyone. There are benefits in praying in public. It arouses inquisitiveness and people often come and ask you what you are doing and it gives you a chance to do Daawa which is your duty as a muslim. The ProphetSAW says "Teach even if you know only one Ayat". The fact that you are now the Ummat of Rasool AllahSAW and believe that He is the final messenger means that the responsibility of passing on the message of iSLAM is now YOURS. The other aspect is your concern for the other people that at least you pass on the message of Islam in a nice and calm manner and save them from Hellfire which is their lasting abode if they do not believe in Islam. It is with this intention that the Prophet SAW passed on the messageIn the Quran Allah SWT says to the Prophet do not kill yourself in your worry in passing on the message to these people(Ie the Kuffar and people of the book of that time). I have felt it and you have felt at peace when you are praying in Jamaat, Do you not think that other people also feel the same inspite of their beliefs. Why do you want to deprive others from availing the peace that they are so desperate for and seek relentlessly.Let me tell you my own experience. In our own masjid we had a brother who came in and took Shahadaa. We all hugged and congratulated him and i saw him crying. I met him a few days later and asked him how he felt. He told me he has never felt so much at peace and has not stopped smiling as he is so happy. I ask you why do you want to deprive others of this happiness. The final aspect that I want to talk about is the actualadvertisement both for us and others that we as a community are people like them and smile and laugh and socialize and eat together and are sociable. This is why we have started doing Eids in Parks and last year the congregation was nearly 6-8000 people. It not only gives our children a chance to see how we can celebrate our festival but also give us a chance to advertise it and demonstrate it to our friends and children by being hospitable to all irrespective of their religion .
Advertise our religion definitely YES. The Prophet(SAW) did it as soon as Umar and Hamza(May Allah be pleased with them) embraced Islam as both a show of force and as an announcement that we are here. We are the Ummat of the RasoolSAW and it is our duty to immulate him in any way possible. so there is that reason. However arrogance definitely NO. as all benefit of prayer is lost if you are arrogant in your stance or your behaviour.
The last reason is purely practical. You go to a theme park and spend a day out . Whah do you do for prayers which are enjoined on you on specified times? If No designated space is available you pray ina nice clean space owhere you will not cause any hinderance and pray. So what is so wrong with it. Remember that you as a Muslim are an advertisement of your Deen and you advertise your Deen by the way you walk ,talk, behave ,Dress and your general demeanour. If you dont then you are failing in your duty. I think I have said enough and there will be vollies fired from all and sundry. i am not responding to anyone anymore.I think I have amply explained the reason for praying in public.Last but not the least, if you can pray standing, yourFard prayers are not accepted if you then sit down without a VALID reason(ie travelling, on an airplane in times of war or other valis dangers in stopping)
Araz.

Last edited:
Hi.
You have assumed things incorectly.Let us first see the movie and see what the motives were. Contrary to all of our debate it was what happens when people see you praying in public. It is a testament to the tolerance of the west that not only do they allow it but respect us for praying in public and this was what was shown.
Secondly ,when praying or even reading the Quran one should always be mindful of the public and not pray in a manner that you cause obstruction or inconvenience. We are taught that even in Masjid if you pray or read the Quran in a loud voice so that it disturbs your brother praying while standing next to you then your worship and its benefit is lost. It is on the babsis of the Hadeeth "La darara wa la daraaraa". So by that token for instance praying in the isle or praying in a place where you cause hardship for others is wrong and looses its benefit.
Having said that, I stand by my statement that Allah has made this whole Earth masjid and clean for us( Based on Quran in an Ayat which means exactly the same). So one is forced to ask that provided the above things are kept in perspective what is the benefit of praying in public. I agree with you that it is an exhibition of your faith but not with the intention of looking down on anyone. There are benefits in praying in public. It arouses inquisitiveness and people often come and ask you what you are doing and it gives you a chance to do Daawa which is your duty as a muslim. The ProphetSAW says "Teach even if you know only one Ayat". The fact that you are now the Ummat of Rasool AllahSAW and believe that He is the final messenger means that the responsibility of passing on the message of iSLAM is now YOURS. The other aspect is your concern for the other people that at least you pass on the message of Islam in a nice and calm manner and save them from Hellfire which is their lasting abode if they do not believe in Islam. It is with this intention that the Prophet SAW passed on the messageIn the Quran Allah SWT says to the Prophet do not kill yourself in your worry in passing on the message to these people(Ie the Kuffar and people of the book of that time). I have felt it and you have felt at peace when you are praying in Jamaat, Do you not think that other people also feel the same inspite of their beliefs. Why do you want to deprive others from availing the peace that they are so desperate for and seek relentlessly.Let me tell you my own experience. In our own masjid we had a brother who came in and took Shahadaa. We all hugged and congratulated him and i saw him crying. I met him a few days later and asked him how he felt. He told me he has never felt so much at peace and has not stopped smiling as he is so happy. I ask you why do you want to deprive others of this happiness. The final aspect that I want to talk about is the actualadvertisement both for us and others that we as a community are people like them and smile and laugh and socialize and eat together and are sociable. This is why we have started doing Eids in Parks and last year the congregation was nearly 6-8000 people. It not only gives our children a chance to see how we can celebrate our festival but also give us a chance to advertise it and demonstrate it to our friends and children by being hospitable to all irrespective of their religion .
Advertise our religion definitely YES. The Prophet(SAW) did it as soon as Umar and Hamza(May Allah be pleased with them) embraced Islam as both a show of force and as an announcement that we are here. We are the Ummat of the RasoolSAW and it is our duty to immulate him in any way possible. so there is that reason. However arrogance definitely NO. as all benefit of prayer is lost if you are arrogant in your stance or your behaviour.
The last reason is purely practical. You go to a theme park and spend a day out . Whah do you do for prayers which are enjoined on you on specified times? If No designated space is available you pray ina nice clean space owhere you will not cause any hinderance and pray. So what is so wrong with it. Remember that you as a Muslim are an advertisement of your Deen and you advertise your Deen by the way you walk ,talk, behave ,Dress and your general demeanour. If you dont then you are failing in your duty. I think I have said enough and there will be vollies fired from all and sundry. i am not responding to anyone anymore.I think I have amply explained the reason for praying in public.Last but not the least, if you can pray standing, yourFard prayers are not accepted if you then sit down without a VALID reason(ie travelling, on an airplane in times of war or other valis dangers in stopping)
Araz.

ay Allah be pleased with them)

Is the video clip authentic on which this thread has been started?

You have wrote so much and even told this that the deen is advertise by the way you walk ,talk, behave ,Dress and your general demeanour and here i completely disagree because the faith cant be measured and the only judge here is Creator not those who see the behavior. Judging a book by its cover is completely wrong because the knowledge inside the book cant be known by its cover. And regarding offering prayers by sitting, standing , here again its between the creator and the worshipper, what is important in Salah is the niyat. just try to think a bit more deeper.

Karan running his mouth as usual, or how many Muslims countries have u actually lived in. Please elaborate. And how many everyday Muslims have actually tried to kill u, because u follow an untrue religion.
Another one typing without comprehending. Where did I talk about any muslim trying to kill me.. Looks like its an open season on stupid replies.

Because unlike other religions, Islam followers consider non Islamic religions as untrue and hence in most Islamic countries they dont get equal rights.
Or maybe simply because non Muslim dont read up their rights and demand them! Many think they dont have rights because of stupid websites make one believe this and that

Another simple reason is politics...

Another is lack of education....

It has very little to do with the actual followers

Is the video clip authentic on which this thread has been started?

You have wrote so much and even told this that the deen is advertise by the way you walk ,talk, behave ,Dress and your general demeanour and here i completely disagree because the faith cant be measured and the only judge here is Creator not those who see the behavior. Judging a book by its cover is completely wrong because the knowledge inside the book cant be known by its cover. And regarding offering prayers by sitting, standing , here again its between the creator and the worshipper, what is important in Salah is the niyat. just try to think a bit more deeper.
He is not measuring the faith just stating that is how others will precieve you ...depending on what you display (look, talk and so on)

True the judge is ALLAH but others will see, if they like it they will talk and ask if they dont they will stay in fear...though Its human habit to judge!

Or maybe simply because non Muslim dont read up their rights and demand them! Many think they dont have rights because of stupid websites make one believe this and that

Another simple reason is politics...

Another is lack of education....

It has very little to do with the actual followers
Arent Zimmi hood and Blasphemy laws a reality in Pakistan ?

He is not measuring the faith just stating that is how others will precieve you ...depending on what you display (look, talk and so on)

For Muslims , there is no need for any intermediate for worshiping and its the Creator who knows about the hearts and regarding the perception its more about what others think not what the creator thinks.

True the judge is ALLAH but others will see, if they like it they will talk and ask if they dont they will stay in fear...though Its human habit to judge!

Creator is the judge of all including those others. so how can others will have problem with its about the creator ?

Arent Zimmi hood and Blasphemy laws a reality in Pakistan ?

Even we are having section 295 and 295A

For Muslims , there is no need for any intermediate for worshiping and its the Creator who knows about the hearts and regarding the perception its more about what others think not what the creator thinks.
I am not sure what made you write this...

Creator is the judge of all including those others. so how can others will have problem with its about the creator ?
Didnt get this

Please do tell what these sections cover?

Zia ul Haq added more laws in those sections and thus they are completely different and discriminatory compared to original 295/295A laws framed during British era.

Back
Top Bottom