What's new

What happened to Kaveri engine?

LOL.
'Based on' , or 'analogue of' does not necessarily mean 'exact like'.

No missile is 100% exactly the same as another, so you comparing the dimensions of the missiles and equating it to being different while ignoring the subsystems inside the missile is just foolish.
LOL isn't it obvious that if one missile is using the same sub-systems i.e:if Babur is using same sub-systems which are used in YJ-18 than it will result in having same dimensions too my indiot friend.If we are using the same sub-systems as that of Chinese so obviously it will result in having the same dimensions too and also wear some good spectacles as it's clearly written that YJ-18 is in service from 2015 and Babur from 2010 so how can our missile could have same sub-systems as in YJ-18 which is developed after Babur.

Like I said, pakistanis can't provide the details of the subsystems they have allegedly developed in house.
Also, I said, Babur is nothing more than a downgraded version of some Chinese cruise missile, and not a chinese cruise missile.
You need burnol dude.
Why should we reveal our secrets to others?
do something about your nirbhay as it is being cancelled after 4 successful failures.

Israeli help in Kaveri? Can you post the link?

yes i think i read the news in daily jang newspaper.i think it's not israel,it's france. Safran, French engine maker was supposed to contribute about Rs 500- 600 crore as part of work offset of the 36 Rafale purchase and also ensure certification of engines within 18 months after approved by the Indian government is yet to officially deliver on timeline promised nor has made any Investment of funds and Transfer of technology as promised.read this.....

http://idrw.org/why-lack-of-progress-in-kaveri-engine-should-be-a-major-concern-for-iaf/ .

LOL isn't it obvious that if one missile is using the same sub-systems i.e:if Babur is using same sub-systems which are used in YJ-18 than it will result in having same dimensions too my indiot friend.If we are using the same sub-systems as that of Chinese so obviously it will result in having the same dimensions too and also wear some good spectacles as it's clearly written that YJ-18 is in service from 2015 and Babur from 2010 so how can our missile could have same sub-systems as in YJ-18 which is developed after Babur.

I suggest you not consult to a civilian level common sense or how obvious you think something is when referring to aerospace systems.
These are not your "pyaaz" or "aloos" that you buy off your vegetable vendor. You can't judge cruise missiles just coz they don't look the same. LOL.

A SAR seeker may go on both a smaller sized ALCM and a larger LACM, or even a turbojet/turbofan engine, or a FOG based guidance maybe common as well, etc.
Almost always the size is bigger or varied when the fuel is increased so as to increase the range.
Just coz you can't see the sub systems inside 2 different CMs doesn't mean it is absolutely necessary that they be radically different especially when they are sourced from the same country.

Chinese have been making the HN-1,2,3 since the 90s, Babur could just as easily be its analogues.

And?
So what if the YJ-18 came after 2014?
You are pretending as if its development started only a year or two beforehand or that it was developed in a vaccum with no follow on from the Hongniao series.
As I already proved, that even USA, the pioneers of cruise missiles take years to develop cruise missiles, only pakistanis think it takes a 3 or 4 tests and few years to develop a complicated missile like a cruise missile. LOL.

You need burnol dude.
Why should we reveal our secrets to others?
do something about your nirbhay as it is being cancelled after 4 successful failures.

There we go, finally the usual "secrets" excuse.:lol:
The older pakistani posters when they were younger, used to say the same thing. Don't worry though, rationality will prevail and you'll grow into it.
You are a newbie, so visit the pakistani sections often, you'll realize soon enough that Babur could not have been made by pakistan when USA the market leaders of cruise missiles couldn't make it that fast with next to nil failures.

The chinese showcase their subsystems in their various defence and aero expos and they are more secretive than 20 pakistans combined, even we showcase our subsystems.

We are literally shown pakistani reportages from inside PAC while the engineers are in the process of making the JF-17, so let's not pretend that pakistan won't flaunt something it has.

And again, you were the one who couldn't digest the fact that India is R&Ding a turbofan whereas pakistan is not even close and as I already proved Nirbhay is still very much real, so repeating something to the contrary for the nth time won't really change the truth, regardless of how much you want it to.

I suggest you not consult to a civilian level common sense or how obvious you think something is when referring to aerospace systems.
These are not your "pyaaz" or "aloos" that you buy off your vegetable vendor. You can't judge cruise missiles just coz they don't look the same. LOL.

A SAR seeker may go on both a smaller sized ALCM and a larger LACM, or even a turbojet/turbofan engine, or a FOG based guidance maybe common as well, etc.
Almost always the size is bigger or varied when the fuel is increased so as to increase the range.
Just coz you can't see the sub systems inside 2 different CMs doesn't mean it is absolutely necessary that they be radically different especially when they are sourced from the same country.

Chinese have been making the HN-1,2,3 since the 90s, Babur could just as easily be its analogues.

And?
You are pretending as if its development started only a year or two beforehand or that it was developed in a vaccum with no follow on from the Hongniao series.
As I already proved, that even USA, the pioneers of cruise missiles take years to develop cruise missiles, only pakistanis think it takes a 3 or 4 tests and few years to develop a complicated missile like a cruise missile. LOL.

The older pakistani posters when they were younger, used to say the same thing. Don't worry though, rationality will prevail and you'll grow into it.
You are a newbie, so visit the pakistani sections often, you'll realize soon enough that Babur could not have been made by pakistan when USA the market leaders of cruise missiles couldn't make it that fast with next to nil failures.

The chinese showcase their subsystems in their various defence and aero expos and they are more secretive than 20 pakistans combined, even we showcase our subsystems.

We are literally shown pakistani reportages from inside PAC while the engineers are in the process of making the JF-17, so let's not pretend that pakistan won't flaunt something it has.

And again, you were the one who couldn't digest the fact that India is R&Ding a turbofan whereas pakistan is not even close and as I already proved Nirbhay is still very much real, so repeating something to the contrary for the nth time won't really change the truth, regardless of how much you want it to.
@CriticalThought @LeGenD @FuturePAF will you guys give him some facts? as he really needs some burnol.

@CyclopS
@Goku-kun

Babur family of cruise missiles, were under development for a long time, and it would be wrong to perceive them as derivatives of Tomahawk family of cruise missiles because specifications do not match. However, technical know-how is the key.

FYI: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...734-bac8-4c9edb46b3ac/?utm_term=.d50f2599dee5

What was the year again? 1998

[1] Whatever landed in Pakistani hands back in 1998, contributed to Pakistani technical know-how for developing this kind of weapon. Engines can be imported - not an issue.

[2] Chinese input in relation to Pakistani nuclear program, and defense applications, is an open-secret.

So what? India receive similar input from Russia, Israel and US.

[3] Pakistani armed forces DO NOT advertise failures in the experiments of defense applications to the public. You may find out through foreign sources, or from personal contacts.

Why were you arguing about something you don't know then?
I know everything but I thought that maybe I wasn't able to explain you guys in a right way that's why tagged those guys.

And?

so how does it proves that Babur is based on Chinese missiles LOL? I use the simplest terms,simplest logics to explain you but you aren't getting it or maybe pretending to not understand it out of jealousy.
As for your useless logic that it took many years for Americans to develop a cruise missile so Pakistan should have also took the same duration of time to achieve it is your nuisance from which all Pakistanis are bothered.
We were already silently working over the years and we created it one day and it's a very simple thing to understand for a sensible person but not for those who are burning in fire of jealousy i.e:you tested your nuclear bomb in 1975 and we did in 1999 after your 2nd test but if you do some research than you will find that Pakistan already had nuclear bomb created around 1982.
Even if I'm a newbie to this 'forum' but I'm far more practical than you could ever be.
In simple words I would say that if follow your logic than nirbhay is also a downgraded failed version of our Babur.

@CyclopS
@Goku-kun

Babur family of cruise missiles, were under development for a long time, and it would be wrong to perceive them as derivatives of Tomahawk family of cruise missiles because specifications do not match. However, technical know-how is the key.

FYI: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...734-bac8-4c9edb46b3ac/?utm_term=.d50f2599dee5

What was the year again? 1998

[1] Whatever landed in Pakistani hands back in 1998, contributed to Pakistani technical know-how for developing this kind of weapon. Engines can be imported - not an issue.

No disagreements there.
I too don't think Babur is some pseudo derivative of Tomahawk either.
My main quandary was people re-repeating the same hearsay about how Babur was some reverse engineered Tomahawk.

As for how much pakistan learned from the crashed Tomahawk and were able to successfully emulate, I'm again led to the fact that cruise missiles are extremely difficult to R&D and that Americans with the complete knowledge of the system and not just the missile's carcass, were having crashes during the same period(late 90s early 2000s) when Babur was probably being R&Ded.

In fact Tomahawks were at one point failing so often that they had to devise a study to just learn how to study the failures and failure rates.

From the Tomahawk pakistan might just have learned how to integrate and the like, anything in the category of indigenous production however seems rather suspect.

[2] Chinese input in relation to Pakistani nuclear program, and defense applications, is an open-secret.

So what? India receive similar input from Russia, Israel and US.

Which is exactly what I inferred, that China in all probability has a hand if not all limbs in the development of Babur.
@Goku-kun

True, India does get help from allies like Russia.
In fact, there were reports of Nirbhay's initial tests being done with a Russian turbofan, the latest one however was with the Indian PTAE-7.

[3] Pakistani armed forces DO NOT advertise failures in the experiments of defense applications to the public. You may find out through foreign sources, or from personal contacts.

Unfortunately, that only inflames one's doubts.

And the hiding of failures, coupled with pakistan's relatively low R&D budget, no sign of indigenous development of crucial subsystems for cruise missiles like the engine, seeker, the more advanced miniaturized and missile grade avionics, that short time frame and low apparent volume of tests makes one think that if Babur truly is wholly if not mostly pakistan developed then how effective is it and if Babur truly is effective then if it isn't some Chinese cruise missile analogue.

so how does it proves that Babur is based on Chinese missiles LOL?

Easy. Read above.

I use the simplest terms,simplest logics to explain you but you aren't getting it or maybe pretending to not understand it out of jealousy.

You are confusing your own confirmation bias with what you are terming as "simple".
Cruise missiles aren't simple, if they were it wouldn't have taken billions of dollars and decades of development to make the Tomahawk - the first modern, mass produced and probably the best sub sonic cruise missile in the world .

As for your useless logic that it took many years for Americans to develop a cruise missile so Pakistan should have also took the same duration of time to achieve it is your nuisance from which all Pakistanis are bothered.

And?
Why should I care for the fact that a legitimate query is bothering some people?

Facts really don't care about how you feel.

I understand, the need to vehemently want something but at some point you just have to think for yourself and question the rhetoric and not just repeat what everyone else is saying.

We were already silently working over the years and we created it one day and it's a very simple thing to understand for a sensible person but not for those who are burning in fire of jealousy

Just like that, one day it was created and some time after, it was inducted?
Clearly, pakistan without the available industry, labs, etc for such high tech systems can make cruise missiles faster with far fewer tests than even USA.

Why? Because "its simple", because some pakistanis said so.

Got it.

i.e:you tested your nuclear bomb in 1975 and we did in 1999 after your 2nd test but if you do some research than you will find that Pakistan already had nuclear bomb created around 1982.

Strawman argument.

Even if I'm a newbie to this 'forum' but I'm far more practical than you could ever be.
In simple words I would say that if follow your logic than nirbhay is also a downgraded failed version of our Babur.

You say that only coz you still aren't able to follow what I am saying.

The oppressive ennui I'm feeling explaining this; Nirbhay would be a "version of babur" if babur had crashed in India and we had "reverse engineered it", and Nirbhay's range was lesser than Babur and Nirbhay didn't have an active radar seeker like the Babur doesn't.

Again, I suggest you stay a little longer in the forum read the old stickys in the pakistani section, maybe humble yourself before getting into debates you aren't really prepared for.

And the hiding of failures, coupled with pakistan's relatively low R&D budget, no sign of indigenous development of crucial subsystems for cruise missiles like the engine, seeker, the more advanced miniaturized and missile grade avionics, that short time frame and low apparent volume of tests makes one think that if Babur truly is wholly if not mostly pakistan developed then how effective is it and if Babur truly is effective then if it isn't some Chinese cruise missile analogue.
@LeGenD any contribution on this part of this indian's claim?

No disagreements there.
I too don't think Babur is some pseudo derivative of Tomahawk either.
My main quandary was people re-repeating the same hearsay about how Babur was some reverse engineered Tomahawk.

As for how much pakistan learned from the crashed Tomahawk and were able to successfully emulate, I'm again led to the fact that cruise missiles are extremely difficult to R&D and that Americans with the complete knowledge of the system and not just the missile's carcass, were having crashes during the same period(late 90s early 2000s) when Babur was probably being R&Ded.

In fact Tomahawks were at one point failing so often that they had to devise a study to just learn how to study the failures and failure rates.

From the Tomahawk pakistan might just have learned how to integrate and the like, anything in the category of indigenous production however seems rather suspect.

Which is exactly what I inferred, that China in all probability has a hand if not all limbs in the development of Babur.
@Goku-kun

True, India does get help from allies like Russia.
In fact, there were reports of Nirbhay's initial tests being done with a Russian turbofan, the latest one however was with the Indian PTAE-7.

Unfortunately, that only inflames one's doubts.

Easy. Read above.

You are confusing your own confirmation bias with what you are terming as "simple".
Cruise missiles aren't simple, if they were it wouldn't have taken billions of dollars and decades of development to make the Tomahawk - the first modern, mass produced and probably the best sub sonic cruise missile in the world .

And?
Why should I care for the fact that a legitimate query is bothering some people?

Facts really don't care about how you feel.

I understand, the need to vehemently want something but at some point you just have to think for yourself and question the rhetoric and not just repeat what everyone else is saying.

Just like that, one day it was created and some time after, it was inducted?
Clearly, pakistan without the available industry, labs, etc for such high tech systems can make cruise missiles faster with far fewer tests than even USA.

Why? Because "its simple", because some pakistanis said so.

Got it.

Strawman argument.

You say that only coz you still aren't able to follow what I am saying.

The oppressive ennui I'm feeling explaining this; Nirbhay would be a "version of babur" if babur had crashed in India and we had "reverse engineered it", and Nirbhay's range was lesser than Babur and Nirbhay didn't have an active radar seeker like the Babur doesn't.

Again, I suggest you stay a little longer in the forum read the old stickys in the pakistani section, maybe humble yourself before getting into debates you aren't really prepared for.
don't be cocky bro.I can see your profile and those '-3' rating are telling all that how amateur you are yet still you being condescending.
since you are calling me as a newbie just by looking at my profile so i'm preferring seniors to prove you wrong to your face.

don't be cocky bro.I can see your profile and those '-3' rating are telling all that how amateur you are yet still you being condescending.
since you are calling me as a newbie just by looking at my profile so i'm preferring seniors to prove you wrong to your face.

LOL, the only thing my -ve ratings show are all the times facts have offended people, I'd be happy to oblige again.

Also, no need to pretend, you are calling for help and going for the ad-hominem response only coz you don't know about the very subject you are arguing about.
Don't worry though, when you're a little wiser like most of the older posters here, you won't even engage in these subjects, as you'll know by then that you are wrong to begin with.

LOL, the only thing my -ve ratings show are all the times facts have offended people, I'd be happy to oblige again.

Also, no need to pretend, you are calling for help and going for the ad-hominem response only coz you don't know about the very subject you are arguing about.
Don't worry though, when you're a little wiser like most of the older posters here, you won't even engage in these subjects, as you'll know by then that you are wrong to begin with.
WOW!

some things don't require professionalism but just common sense dude and the same thing 'common sense' clearly says that you are burning in fire of jealousy.

Back
Top Bottom