What's new

What happened to Kaveri engine?

The only you should be worried about is that
Again that pathetic boasting!!
India should be worried!!

Pakistan shouldn't be worried of any DDGs, FFGs, size of fleets & armies, ARMs, AAMs, SAMs, ABMs, MilSats, N-subs & TBWs etc..

Even if we pick this particular aspect, then quality factor will come which is enough to worry Pakistan.

Finally, downplaying project and then start to compare it with Pakistan to make it India vs Pak for getting attention, its always Pakistani posters do.
Nevertheless, ignore the aspects of same project which don't reflect Pakistan with parity. Isn't it? Avionics, radars, turbofans, armaments etc..
Pakistan has lauched an indeginous next generation fighter program due to the experience gained in JF-17 project.
JFT was manufacturing experience so Pakistan basically if has absorbed related knowhow successfully, it can make new 4G fighters based on same design just like PRC did with USSR fighters.

Next generation needs other design so FC-31 team from PRC will involve, as usual to make even a cheaper version which PAF can procure. Mark my words.
Which third party was able to keep your panties wet for so long?
The language you used just shows how aggressive & desperate you're tryna be?

You actually have that unreasonable astronomical ego or just shouting to press inferiority complex?

Every country outta western world has varying amount of foreign tech in their aerospace industry as it had no base here in east earlier.

Now, the amount varies with how much that particular country has invested in R&D (they can afford or not is a different matter) and how much knowhow they already had regarding material, rest on political will.

In PRCs case, they had both initial foreign support and independent efforts. Nevertheless, their many initial defence & space projects were cancelled which will never be mocked on PDF.
Same in India's case except foreign assistance pulling out amid sanctions and starting from scratch.
In Pakistan's case, low budget didn't let it go for research alone.
Everything has a reason and has to be assessed. Everyone who thinks that his country will be able do things on schedule while other will not for no reason is an idiot of top order.

Pakistan shouldn't be worried of any DDGs, FFGs, size of fleets & armies, ARMs, AAMs, SAMs, ABMs, MilSats, N-subs & TBWs etc..

Even if we pick this particular aspect, then quality factor will come which is enough to worry Pakistan.

Finally, downplaying project and then start to compare it with Pakistan to make it India vs Pak for getting attention, its always Pakistani posters do.
Nevertheless, ignore the aspects of same project which don't reflect Pakistan with parity. Isn't it? Avionics, radars, turbofans, armaments etc..
We weren't worried but it was you who always seemed to be worried.You started arms race in the region because you knew that your current strength despite being bigger than Pakistan is still not competitive enough so you started race in Air defenses,Nuclear submarines,long range missile/hypersonic missiles i.e: brahmos with help of Russia, advanced fighter jets i.e: rafale and you didn't consider su-30mki competitive enough for the role.

and about that export stuff you posted..My reply was that you have more industries licensing producing the stuff and that's what you are re-exporting because you have more labour with cheap cost of production.The most recent example is of chinook helicopters that along with purchasing you are also manufacturing its parts for boeing and will export it back to the company.

JFT was manufacturing experience so Pakistan basically if has absorbed related knowhow successfully, it can make new 4G fighters based on same design just like PRC did with USSR fighters.

Next generation needs other design so FC-31 team from PRC will involve, as usual to make even a cheaper version which PAF can procure. Mark my words.

The language you used just shows how aggressive & desperate you're tryna be?

You actually have that unreasonable astronomical ego or just shouting to press inferiority complex?

Every country outta western world has varying amount of foreign tech in their aerospace industry as it had no base here in east earlier.

Now, the amount varies with how much that particular country has invested in R&D (they can afford or not is a different matter) and how much knowhow they already had regarding material, rest on political will.

In PRCs case, they had both initial foreign support and independent efforts. Nevertheless, their many initial defence & space projects were cancelled which will never be mocked on PDF.
Same in India's case except foreign assistance pulling out amid sanctions and starting from scratch.
Everything has a reason and has to be assessed. Everyone who thinks that his country will be able do things on schedule while other will not for no reason is an idiot of top order.
Pathetic reply, first develop basic level comprehension skills before posting on an international forum. I haven't added anything thing to the discussion happening earlier just trying to seperate facts from fiction. By you I donot mean "India" as a whole and just you as a person who was trying to get smart and collect some information that might not be available in public sphere. I have just raised a couple of points that counter your arguments.
1) Pakistanis publish way less patents and journals and that automatically means that Pakistan is not doing any R&D espacially in the context of missile program.
My response was that defense related public sector enjoy complete monopoly in the context of defense sector in Pakistan so a patent is not always on the priority list for such organizations, on contrary they imply special SOPs to guard against leakage of information for defense related projects.
2) Pakistan was not able to take back Kashmir and might not in the near future as well.
My reply was on similar lines that India also claims whole of Kashmir but couldn't take it away from either Pakistan or China even though the landmass of India is almost seven times bigger than Paskistan.

I'd love to see how WS-15 performs in Indian environment. Ever come in an air show.:D

Kaveri design is among most advanced in world, even without flying.

So, basically you aren't bothered with any military related issues & technicalities.
You just have to come here, confirm cheap Russian copies flying and then start trolling declaring yourself ahead.:lol:

Okay, its going on, forget everything, let's troll.
Coz on ground, trolls like you don't even know a bit about engines you are boasting off. You're just here to thump chest for work by other people.
I would also love to see KAVERI perform under 'Chinese' environment, while we are at it, why not we succumb the F135 to Indian environments, since this is your definition of testing environment. :lol:

OO yah, you don't even have the right wind tunnels to test engines. :rofl::rofl:

There is an airshow in China every two years, one of the largest in the world, LCA is suprisingly absent. Are you afraid with your midget plane? :rofl::rofl:

I am open to technicalities, but what did you actually build or tested? Or it remains on paper? So we are supposed to say you are ahead on paper? Gosh, YOU DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE BUILDING EVEN SIMPLE TURBOJETS. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last I remembered, you had access to so many western suppliers and China was under sanctions from all since the 90s. Is this how you justify your failures and incompetence? What about other programs? All failed!!! Do you see a pattern here? You can't even build a decent rifle for gods sake. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This incompetence is not just militarily, it's across the board, you can't feed your population, half a billion defecates in the open. India is basically a giant shit hole.

Last edited:
We weren't worried but it was you who always seemed to be worried.You started arms race in the region because you knew that your current strength despite being bigger than Pakistan is still not competitive enough so you started race in Air defenses,Nuclear submarines,long range missile/hypersonic missiles i.e: brahmos with help of Russia, advanced fighter jets i.e: rafale and you didn't consider su-30mki competitive enough for the role.
If India's only concern was Pakistan its forces wouldn't he have been that big & broad in deterrence but smaller, more advanced and limited to dettering only a few threats.
India forces wouldn't have been going for long range ships, such a big array of MilSATs and aircrafts in that number.

India's nuclear program was only & only because of dissentions with Chinese nuclear program, UNSC members and American attempt of intervention in 1971.

Other neighbors are living very peacefully, its only Pakistan getting messed.
Moreover, it doesn't make sense that India will be limited to region. It's 60% of landmass, 70% population and 80% of economy itself. India is not a very big country but South Asia is too small to be qualify as a region where military strategies can be focused.

Pakistan is indeed a chapter in India's security concerns but its only one chapter, an important factor because it happens to be a nuclear power and ironically our neighbor but not dominating and most important at all.
and about that export stuff you posted..My reply was that you have more industries licensing producing the stuff and that's what you are re-exporting because you have more labour with cheap cost of production.The most recent example is of chinook helicopters that along with purchasing you are also manufacturing its parts for boeing and will export it back to the company.
India's large amount of aerospace exports come from Space industry, then companies like Tonbo Imaging, Reliance, Mahindra Aerospace and Tara Aerospace Avionics. Mahindra is biggest producer of yes, licensed stuff also.

Most of high quality stuff, specially supplies to NATO countries will be license produced while desk stuff for countries which can't afford better.

Now, R&D spending will reflect share of this stuff. Like in case of JFT or Mushak.
Pathetic reply, first develop basic level comprehension skills before posting on an international forum.
Like this:
The only you should be worried about is that Pakistan has lauched an indeginous next generation fighter program due to the experience gained in JF-17 project.
Which third party was able to keep your panties wet for so long?
You know, almost every topic ends up like this one in this "International Forum". I come only for timepass here.
On Defence Forum India, we would have got notices and thread would have locked till now for digressing from topic & personal attacks, on Sinodefence, they would have banned us permanently.
I haven't added anything thing to the discussion happening earlier just trying to seperate facts from fiction.
?
By you I donot mean "India" as a whole and just you as a person who was trying to get smart and collect some information that might not be available in public sphere. I have just raised a couple of points that counter your arguments.
There was no argument there, you carried out a personal attack while you could simply quote something about Project Azm directly. But you boasted even there irrationally.
1) Pakistanis publish way less patents and journals and that automatically means that Pakistan is not doing any R&D espacially in the context of missile program.
My response was that defense related public sector enjoy complete monopoly in the context of defense sector in Pakistan so a patent is not always on the priority list for such organizations, on contrary they imply special SOPs to guard against leakage of information for defense related projects.
I guess I've given that patent argument in response to some other program, to indicate technical prowess because someone thinks that Indian projects are delayed for no reason and Pakistani counterparts will succeed in meantime with low spending for no reason again.

What is Pakistani R&D budget btw?
2) Pakistan was not able to take back Kashmir and might not in the near future as well.
My reply was on similar lines that India also claims whole of Kashmir but couldn't take it away from either Pakistan or China even though the landmass of India is almost seven times bigger than Paskistan.
Geopolitical scenario neither will let India seize Pakistani Kashmir anytime soon. Nor India should try to IMO.
Changing demographics and balance of population Muslims with Indian religions has already created havoc in Eastern India & Myanmar. Moreover, Pakistani Kashmir's population is likely to be even more Indophobic.

Last I remembered, you had access to so many western suppliers and China was under sanctions from all since the 90s.
What the heck? India was sanctioned besides 80s, was economically even weaker and didn't get access to anything except assembly.
China was never sanctioned truly, UNSC seat never let it happen.
Before Sino Soviet split, it had full access to Soviet stuff and post that Clinton and Bush establishments were so friendly.

It isn't a coincidence that almost every Chinese project is a copy of theirs.
Is this how you justify your failures and incompetence?
J83 or J9? Before J20, which capable Chinese independent plane even took off?:P

It all started from LAVI (F-16) into J10 and Flankers in J11,15 & 16.
What about other programs? All failed!!! Do you see a pattern here?
Ballistic Missiles, SAMs, Interceptors, FFGs, DDGs, Submarines, Helos, LVs.
You can't even build a decent rifle for gods sake. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Indian companies supply even stuff to NATO.
The army's changing requirement depends now. They had INSAS but they don't have Excalibur and Ghatak.
This incompetence is not just militarily, it's across the board, you can't feed your population, half a billion defecates in the open. India is basically a giant shit hole.
It's less than 100 million and I don't guess China was any different before 90s.

Chinese liberalisation in economy happened in 1978 increasing incomes and Indian ones since 90s except the sanctions.

For rest of post, it was garbage. No matter how much shit you spew, PRC is yet to design a VCE. Case closed.

I would also love to see KAVERI perform under 'Chinese' environment, while we are at it, why not we succumb the F135 to Indian environments, since this is your definition of testing environment. :lol:
The pressure inside core drops in tropical area. "Definition" of testing isn't even a thing here.
Yeah, Kaveri is underpowered for intended LCA but can power smaller one, anywhere.
OO yah, you don't even have the right wind tunnels to test engines. :rofl::rofl:
Only one thing I agreed.
I am open to technicalities, but what did you actually build or tested? Or it remains on paper?
No you aren't. Real time testing and validation isn't technicality.
You are using it to escape from technicalities. Your only argument is its not operational or on platform.

As I told before, you have nothing to do with technology. You are here to thump chest for results of what Chinese defence research personnel. You don't even know about their job.
So we are supposed to say you are ahead on paper?
Indeed yes, besides metallurgy, its done.
Gosh, YOU DO NOT HAVE EXPERIENCE BUILDING EVEN SIMPLE TURBOJETS.
Built two called 14 U & 14UB in 80s & 90s.
coz turbojet cycle in Kaveri is necessary.

Last edited:
What the heck? India was sanctioned besides 80s, was economically even weaker and didn't get access to anything except assembly.
China was never sanctioned truly, UNSC seat never let it happen.
Before Sino Soviet split, it had full access to Soviet stuff and post that Clinton and Bush establishments were so friendly.
The Sino-Soviet split happened in 1960s, between 1960 - 1980, we had a 20 year gap with no foreign technical access. In 1980s, US became friendly and some weapons sales happened, then in 1989/90s, the sales stopped, there were no TOT as you assumed, we were sold weapons and we had to reverse engineered them to learn anything. All hardwork and trials and errors to get basic knowledge. From 1990s onwards, we were fully barred from accessing any military technology. The only allowance was for space launch vehicles, when in 1993, Loral helped us to solve a problem with CZ-3A, but that was only done so they could launch their satellites cheaply. You on the other hand had decades of access to Western technology and education, except for a period after 1970s-1990s, US barred you from nuclear related technologies, India had the access to both the Soviet and Western technology for decades, and yet you still failed. ONLY ASSEMBLY? You expect people to hand it on a silver platter? We didn't even has the end product, don't even talk about ASSEMBLY.

UNSC seat? Do you know the history of that seat? We got it only in the 70s as a bargain for Soviet containment. Our GDP was around the same in the 1980s, yet within 40 years, we are now 5x your economy and look at our achievements.

It isn't a coincidence that almost every Chinese project is a copy of theirs.

J83 or J9? Before J20, which capable Chinese independent plane even took off?:P

It all started from LAVI (F-16) into J10 and Flankers in J11,15 & 16.

Ballistic Missiles, SAMs, Interceptors, FFGs, DDGs, Submarines, Helos, LVs.

I told you before, copy, buy, transder, beg, borrow, we will try everything necessary to build up technical knowledge. it was from this foundation we slowly researched new technology. That's why when you have that holier than thou atitude and then achieve shit results, we laughed. All your programs from Arihant, Space to LCA, had 'foreign consultants' and almost >50% uses foreign components. This is your 'indigenous' program, if you can't see that as a failure, I don't know what is.

J-8 was an independent aircraft design, J-9 was the predessor of J-10, did it incorporate foreign technology? Hell of course, but the point is we can build the whole plane ourselves unlike your sticker and scrwdriver effort R&D. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The difference between CHina and India is in competency levels. YOU PAY OTHERS TO TEACH you and yet you fail. We take the effort to reverse engineer it to learn it the hard way and look at us now. :lol:

Indian companies supply even stuff to NATO.
The army's changing requirement depends now. They had INSAS but they don't have Excalibur and Ghatak.
What exactly did you supply NATO? :enjoy:

It's less than 100 million and I don't guess China was any different before 90s.
Less than 100 million? You go to each 500mil Indians and see them crap? This is from your own government. You are really full of crap. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
https://www.indiaspend.com/budget-2...utting-them-at-risk-of-disease-poverty-24599/
Chinese liberalisation in economy happened in 1978 increasing incomes and Indian ones since 90s except the sanctions.
Wow, a bootlicking colonial India under sanctions and not an ambitious Communist China. You were only under US sanctions on certain technologies, not all military technologies.
For rest of post, it was garbage. No matter how much shit you spew, PRC is yet to design a VCE. Case closed.
Are you sure? :D
The pressure inside core drops in tropical area. "Definition" of testing isn't even a thing here.
Yeah, Kaveri is underpowered for intended LCA but can power smaller one, anywhere.
'intended' is a future tense. Do it first. So all engines need to be tested in India to be verified as acceptable? :D
Only one thing I agreed.
Good you agreed, so without a windtunnel, how the heck are you even able to verify your design consistently genius?:rofl:.

No you aren't. Real time testing and validation isn't technicality.
You are using it to escape from technicalities. Your only argument is its not operational or on platform.
What? testing and validation is not part of design?:rofl: So basically a 3 year old draws an engine and not verify it, that's considered technical? Gosh the Indian mind is really awesome. None of your engine ever went further than testing OK. Tell me how many piston, turbojets, turbofans, turbine engines you ever built?

As I told before, you have nothing to do with technology. You are here to thump chest for results of what Chinese defence research personnel. You don't even know about their job.

Indeed yes, besides metallurgy, its done.

Built two called 14 U & 14UB in 80s & 90s.
coz turbojet cycle in Kaveri is necessary.

I am here to see waht you have designed and explain to me how you are ahead with a piece of paper. Besides metallurgy it's DONE. Wow, India has a working engine. Do you know when was the first WS-10 tested? Do you know how long it took us to clear out the production problems. it's not that WS-10 can't reach the design requirements, the problem was with maintaining a consistent quality output. Producing an engine is not just about 'designing' an engine, it's about verifying the design, testing it, improving it, producing it, and then improving the production processes to produce it consistently.

Build '2' turbojets? In the labs? How many planes are even using it? We have been producing turbojets, pistons, props for decades, we have encountered the problems, improved it, trained technicians, engineers and scientist. And just by producing 2 engines, drawing a CAD of VCE, YOU ARE AHEAD.? Building up skills in metalugry is not just a one off acivity, we have an MIC, it's all related, the people manufacturing the turbojets are using their skills in WS-10 turbofans, same with designing team, etc. We build up skills in both design, operation and production over decades. You just drew a CAD and then YOU ARE AHEAD, first prove your KAVERI can work, there were already 400 WS-10s built to date.

Last edited:
If India's only concern was Pakistan its forces wouldn't he have been that big & broad in deterrence but smaller, more advanced and limited to dettering only a few threats.
India forces wouldn't have been going for long range ships, such a big array of MilSATs and aircrafts in that number.
ORLY? Well, Your argument doesn't sit fit with your army's.Last time the only nuclear sumbarine you have was spotted by our navy in our boundaries,5/7 s-400 batteries are being deployed at our border and only 2 at China's so it makes sense that you fear from us more than from China.Even after ins arihant which was re-build performed deterrence petrol towards my country and not China.
Other neighbors are living very peacefully, its only Pakistan getting messed.
Moreover, it doesn't make sense that India will be limited to region. It's 60% of landmass, 70% population and 80% of economy itself. India is not a very big country but South Asia is too small to be qualify as a region where military strategies can be focused.

Pakistan is indeed a chapter in India's security concerns but its only one chapter, an important factor because it happens to be a nuclear power and ironically our neighbor but not dominating and most important at all.
Every country except Pakistan in south-aisa is living under the shadow of fear of india.They do what india tells them to do i.e: telling south-asian countries to boycott SAARC meeting in Pakistan, imposing sri-lanka to not purchase our Thunders and prefer teja bhai.Every country fears from you in south asia except us so it makes sense that they don't make noise and living peacefully according to india.
Pakistan was,is and will remain an important factor for you.We are hurdle in your impure plans to be executed.Like I said before in other threads that current so-called pm of india is all for hindu supremacy and that 'akhand-bharat' thing.

The Kaveri engine is already used in the Scorpene Class Submarines. And Nirbhay was successfully test fired in November of 2017. And as expected, Pakistanis cried, which is all they are good at.

Back
Top Bottom