What's new

What happened to Kaveri engine?

Your whole riposte is a red herring.
As if "making" a cruise missile automatically makes pakistan capable of developing turbofans.

Turbofans are a whole another beast, more countries can make nukes than turbofans.
Pakistan is yet to even R&D a small turbofan forget about a fighter aircraft sized powerplant.

As for Nirbhay, who told you it's going to be canceled? We tested a new indigenous turbofan engine for the same in this year alone.
View attachment 530269

Nirbhay's initial failures are completely normal, that's how cruise missile R&D works.
If you look at Tomahawk tests before induction; they took almost a decade and had 30 something failures before they deemed it induction worthy.

Hell, the newer tactical Tomahawk immediately post the Block IIIs(being developed around 2002-2005)which are more similar to Nirbhay with its GPS guidance and other advanced avionics, had similar failures with 3 straight failures in a row in its initial testing alone.

While pakistan suddenly claims it has conducted successful tests of Babur supposedly based on the Tomahawk which itself was going through failures during the same time period, and inducted the Babur after a few tests.

Yeah right, the market leaders and pioneers of cruise missile tech take decades and after countless failures are able to induct their LACM, whereas pakistanis allegedly reverse engineer the same system(Tomahawk, btw occasionally fails even now post induction) and induct theirs after a handful of tests and zero failures?

I have said this before here in pdf, cruise missiles are entirely very complicated systems that are virtually autonomous planes almost as close to RPA's as to actual missiles; and to say that pak achieved something at a fraction of the cost, time and testing numbers than what it took the US, then your are just fooling yourself.

At best pakistan integrates while a 3rd party does most of the work, hence no development of Babur ever took place in pakistan and in all probability "Babur" is a downgraded version of either the chinese YJ-18 or the CJ-10.

View attachment 530268
hey! how come these countries weren't able to integrate tomahawk and you are saying that we did when it wasn't even fired in our region LOL
20170407_Tomahawks.jpg

and if you are comparing by its appearance and design that it is same that of tomahawk than hey! your nirbhay is also copy of our Babur as its design looks as same as of Babur and since Babur was developed earlier than nibhay so it obviously isn't based on your nirbhay.

hey! how come these countries weren't able to integrate tomahawk and you are saying that we did when it wasn't even fired in our region LOL

I never said pakistan did, in fact I basically inferred that when pakistani posters claim that Babur got developed so fast coz it is reverse engineered thru Tomahawk are wrong as Babur in all probability is a chinese system and no one can develop a cruise missile that fast, especially not so when the Americans themselves couldn't.

and if you are comparing by its appearance and design that it is same that of tomahawk than hey! your nirbhay is also copy of our Babur as its design looks as same as of Babur and since Babur was developed earlier than nibhay so it obviously isn't based on your nirbhay.

When did I claim that Babur is a chinese cruise missile analogue just coz of their looks alone?
The pic I posted is only for reference.

I never said pakistan did, in fact I basically inferred that when pakistani posters claim that Babur got developed so fast coz it is reverse engineered thru Tomahawk are wrong as Babur in all probability is a chinese system.

When did I claim that Babur is a chinese cruise missile analogue just coz of their looks alone?
Babur is developed from Tomhawk its true!

Babur in all probability is a chinese system.
and since when Chinese have got a missile like Babur? which Chinese missile are you referring to bro which looks like our Babur?
This is nothing but jealousy.Our missile technology is admired by super powers like:US,China,Russia.

I never said pakistan did, in fact I basically inferred that when pakistani posters claim that Babur got developed so fast coz it is reverse engineered thru Tomahawk are wrong as Babur in all probability is a chinese system and no one can develop a cruise missile that fast, especially not so when the Americans themselves couldn't.

talk about your agni missile series as well that how you get it from US,France,Russia,Gernamy.

and since when Chinese have got a missile like Babur? which Chinese missile are you referring to bro which looks like our Babur?
This is nothing but jealousy.Our missile technology is admired by super powers like:US,China,Russia.

So now you are equating looks to judge if whether two missile systems are same or no, pretty hypocritical.

Though looks don't really matter as much, but Chinese systems that look similar to Babur are the YJ-18 and CJ-10, I already said so in my first riposte. Look it up.

As for jealousy, you are the one who brought up the issue of cruise missiles in a thread about fighter jet turbofans.

And as for admired by superpowers.
I suggest you read the Missile Technology Control Regime(MTCR, whose signatories include USA, UK, Russia, Turkey, etc) yearly paper which excludes pakistan from the missile tech categories necessary for developing crucial cruise missile technologies, as pakistan does not have the capability.
But if you think otherwise, do give proof with pics of crucial subsystems like the turbojet or turbofan engine that pakistan has developed for Babur, or the seeker head, or the guidance kits, etc.

talk about your agni missile series as well that how you get it from US,France,Russia,Gernamy.

Any initial "help" that we got have long since been exhausted, as no western country is going to help us make ballistic missiles that can hit them.
And Agni series missiles do just that.
Hence missiles like Agni 5 are completely Indian.

Last edited:
i read a news long time ago and it said that indians are willing to accept israeli help in this matter and both agreed.there was no news after that.looks like they are working on it.may be several problems in this design.

Israeli help in Kaveri? Can you post the link?

So now you are equating looks to judge if whether two missile systems are same or no, pretty hypocritical.

Though looks don't really matter as much, but Chinese systems that look similar to Babur are the YJ-18 and CJ-10, I already said so in my first riposte. Look it up.

As for jealousy, you are the one who brought up the issue of cruise missiles in a thread about fighter jet turbofans.

And as for admired by superpowers.
I suggest you read the Missile Technology Control Regime(MTCR) yearly paper which excludes pakistan from the missile tech categories necessary for developing crucial cruise missile technologies, as pakistan does not have the capability.
But if you think otherwise, do give proof with pics of crucial subsystems like the turbojet or turbofan engine that pakistan has developed for Babur, or the seeker head, or the guidance kits, etc.
for your convenience:
Characteristics of missile:
Babur cruise missile; Hatf VII

Babur cruise missile deployed at a show in 2006
Type Medium-range subsonic cruise missile
Place of origin Pakistan
Service history
In service
Babur I: 2010-present
Used by Babur–I/Babur–II
Army Strategic Forces Command (ASFC)
Babur–III
Naval Strategic Forces Command (NSFC)
Production history
Manufacturer
National Defence Complex (NDC)
Specifications
Weight
1,500 kg
Length 6.2 m
Diameter 0.52 m
Warhead 450 - 500 kg Conventional or nuclear
Engine Turbofan
(Solid-fuel rocket booster during launch)
Propellant Solid fuel (booster rocket)
Liquid fuel (jet engine)
Operational
range

Babur–I: 700 km
Babur–II: 750 km
Babur–III: 450 km
Speed 880 km/h or 550 mph (Mach 0.8)
Guidance
system

INS, TERCOM/DSMAC, GPS, GLONASS
Launch
platform

Transporter erector launcher (TEL)
Underwater mobile platform

YJ-18:

Type
Anti-ship cruise missile
land attack cruise missile
Place of origin People's Republic of China
Service history
In service
2015-present
Used by People's Liberation Army Navy
Specifications
Warhead
140–300 kg (310–660 lb) warhead
Operational
range

220–540 km (140–340 mi; 120–290 nmi)
Speed Mach 0.8 (cruising)
Mach 2.5-3.0 (terminal)
Guidance
system

BeiDou Navigation Satellite System
onboard radar seeker

Characteristics of missile: CJ-10:

CJ-10 Cruise missile on WS2400 TEL
Type Land attack cruise missile
Air-launched cruise missile
Place of origin China
Service history
Used by
China
Production history
Manufacturer
China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation/China Haiying Electro-Mechanical Technology Academy
Specifications
Warhead
500 kg (1,100 lb)[1], conventional or nuclear[2]
Operational
range

>1,500 km (930 mi; 810 nmi)
Launch
platform

and here is comparision with other missiles too:
Cruise-missiles.png

now look at the characteristics and tell me that how Babur is like CJ-10 and YJ-18.
Babur is active from 2010 while YJ-18 is from 2015 so YJ-18 can be based on Babur but Babur can't be based on YJ-18 and you can see further parameters and decide.This is pure jealousy so first do some research and than come.

for your convenience:

Place of origin Pakistan
Service history
In service
Used by Babur–I/Babur–II
Babur–III
Production history
Manufacturer
Specifications
Weight
1,500 kg
Length 6.2 m
Diameter 0.52 m
Engine Turbofan
Liquid fuel (jet engine)
Operational
range

Guidance
system

Launch
platform

YJ-18:

Type
Anti-ship cruise missile
Service history
In service
2015-present
Specifications
Warhead
Operational
range

Mach 2.5-3.0 (terminal)
Guidance
system

onboard radar seeker

Place of origin China
Service history
Used by
China
Production history
Manufacturer
China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation/China Haiying Electro-Mechanical Technology Academy
Specifications
Warhead
Operational
range

Launch
platform

Cruise-missiles.png

now look at the characteristics and tell me that how Babur is like CJ-10 and YJ-18.
Babur is active from 2010 while YJ-18 is from 2015 so YJ-18 can be based on Babur but Babur can't be based on YJ-18 and you can see further parameters and decide.This is pure jealousy so first do some research and than come.

Babur is just a 350km missile and Babur-1B just started induction.

Babur is just a 350km missile and Babur-1B just started induction.
don't talk in air please.Provide reference to your claim.Babur is 700km in range according to ISPR which is the official source when our missiles are test-fired.

don't talk in air please.Provide reference to your claim.Babur is 700km in range according to ISPR which is the official source when our missiles are test-fired.
Lol babur-1 is 700km and babur-2 is 750km just 50km improvement? Search American sources, they said babur is 350 km missile and shaheen-2 has more range than publicized.

for your convenience:

Place of origin Pakistan
Service history
In service
Used by Babur–I/Babur–II
Babur–III
Production history
Manufacturer
Specifications
Weight
1,500 kg
Length 6.2 m
Diameter 0.52 m
Engine Turbofan
Liquid fuel (jet engine)
Operational
range

Guidance
system

Launch
platform

YJ-18:

Type
Anti-ship cruise missile
Service history
In service
2015-present
Specifications
Warhead
Operational
range

Mach 2.5-3.0 (terminal)
Guidance
system

onboard radar seeker

Place of origin China
Service history
Used by
China
Production history
Manufacturer
Specifications
Warhead
Operational
range

Launch
platform

Cruise-missiles.png

LOL.
'Based on' , or 'analogue of' does not necessarily mean 'exact like'.

No missile is 100% exactly the same as another, so you comparing the dimensions of the missiles and equating it to being different while ignoring the subsystems inside the missile is just foolish.

Like I said, pakistanis can't provide the details of the subsystems they have allegedly developed in house.
Also, I said, Babur is nothing more than a downgraded version of some Chinese cruise missile, and not a chinese cruise missile.

You copy pasting from Wikipedia doesn't refute anything I said.
The chinese have been making long range cruise missiles long before pakistan even thought of doing so, please don't pretend like china has to borrow something from pakistan.
The Hongniao series cruise missiles have existed since the 90s.

The point remains that pakistan could not have made a successful cruise missile in such a short time when the market leaders(USA) couldn't.

Back
Top Bottom