What's new

What happened between Zia and Rajiv Gandhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zia Ul Haq was a crazy Islamist. He is partly responsible for the mess we see in Pakistan today. I don't know why everyone loves him so much. He is a terrorist and sponsored terrorism in Pakistan.

So he was an unstable unreasonable religious meniac with no regard for human life?

We already know that.

Kindly read my earlier and @Xeric comments you will know something about your unstable unreasonable brasstacks war planning thinking which led to Zia's cricket visit. And I personally feel that during that visit Rajiv Gandhi might had been informed by Zia about misadventure of Indian Army, who had also kept Rajiv Gandhi in dark

Last edited by a moderator:
Kindly read my earlier and @Xeric comments you will know something about your unstable unreasonable brasstacks war planning thinking which led to Zia's cricket visit. And I personally feel that during that visit Rajiv Gandhi might had been informed by Zia about misadventure of Indian Army, who had also kept Rajiv Gandhi in dark

Bottom line is he was an Islamist bigot and will be remembered as such. If you think he was good for your country, who are we to argue? Or deny you the brownie points that you scared us with your nukes will exterminate Hindus threat? As far as I am concerned, what is past is past. And what is the present is a Pakistan that is reaping what Zia sowed. You have leaders who continue to axe you in the foot. Why should we complain?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bottom line is he was an Islamist bigot and will be remembered as such. If you think he was good for your country, who are we to argue? Or deny you the brownie points that you scared us with your nukes will exterminate Hindus threat? As far as I am concerned, what is past is past. And what is the present is a Pakistan that is reaping what Zia sowed. You have leaders who continue to axe you in the foot. Why should we complain?!!

This thread is NOT about what he was what he did in Pakistan.

This thread is about what happened between Rajiv Gandhi and Zia during latter's visit to India for watching cricket match.

Whether you abuse him/dislike him demonise him or otherwise., the fact remains that the history books will remember that visit for its fruitful timing and backing of India from attacking Pakistan.

This thread is NOT about what he was what he did in Pakistan.

This thread is about what happened between Rajiv Gandhi and Zia during latter's visit to India for watching cricket match.

Whether you abuse him/dislike him demonise him or otherwise., the fact remains that the history books will remember that visit for its fruitful timing and backing of India from attacking Pakistan.

If the thread is about what actually happened between Zia and Rajiv, then its spectacularly short on factual and corroborated evidence and relies heavily on hearspeak and anecdotal cues. In short, it is better suited to Islamist blogs and has no place on reputed international forums. Lowers the credibility and stature.

If the thread is about what actually happened between Zia and Rajiv, then its spectacularly short on factual and corroborated evidence and relies heavily on hearspeak and anecdotal cues. In short, it is better suited to Islamist blogs and has no place on reputed international forums. Lowers the credibility and stature.

1. You are ignorant about your own history so you need to read.

2. If you are lazy enough not to take pain to have some knowledge about that era and what was going on and how this visit forced India to draw back its army from Pakistani borders then indeed you are not willing to face the truth.

3. When the international media and analysts are pointing towards this fact that infact Zia's visit was the turning point which led to Indian army withdrawal then there is NO point calling it hearspeak or anecdotal cues.

1. You are ignorant about your own history so you need to read.

2. If you are lazy enough not to take pain to have some knowledge about that era and what was going on and how this visit forced India to draw back its army from Pakistani borders then indeed you are not willing to face the truth.

3. When the international media and analysts are pointing towards this fact that infact Zia's visit was the turning point which led to Indian army withdrawal then there is NO point calling it hearspeak or anecdotal cues.

We have yet to see hard evidence beyond conjecture. Obviously it is before my time. But if you were around then, maybe you could help us newbies out with more believable inputs than the Islamist chest thumping that is gift wrapped as fact here.

We have yet to see hard evidence beyond conjecture. Obviously it is before my time. But if you were around then, maybe you could help us newbies out with more believable inputs than the Islamist chest thumping that is gift wrapped as fact here.

It was before my time too. ANd one does not need to be present at that time to bring forth facts.

Operation Brasstacks aka preparation for another war against Pakistan by Indian army led to his visit and Congress must be thanking Zia for timely information about Indian Army rebellious planning for the war ;) Rajiv was even ignorant about such planning as per Indian army official

Mam did you see Madras Cafe. Indian deep-state was very active in those days it seems. Now we are all meows.

A true mard e mumin and a ghazi. May Allah swt accept him in the paradise for the best.

lolzz come on Sir. We can do away with emotional titles and accept realities. He did impose a policy whether bad or good to achieve his goals which some were in conformity with national interests and some went haywire inflicting damages and that's how policies are tested.

You cant predict these will be huge success

...and it was a bluff,played upon the advice of Genral Akhtar. Pakistan had nuclear weapons but didn't have a credible delivery vehicle.

"Warfare is about desception" : Sun Tzu

:D

A true mard e mumin and a ghazi. May Allah swt accept him in the paradise for the best.

are u for real

he did both good and bad to pakistan

i admire him because he was a patriot and crtisize him for his policy for afghanistan and ussR

and who cares wheather he said it or not after his visit indians withdrew their army from the borders

Whats the point of this self serving bs? There is no link nothing to the original statement apparently made in the India Today? Its just a blog post.

Am surprised the blog didnt claim that that Rajiv Gandhi peed his pants after listening to what Gen Zia had to say!

Whats the point of this self serving bs? There is no link nothing to the original statement apparently made in the India Today?neral

Am surprised the blog didnt claim that that Rajiv Gandhi peed his pants after listening to what Gen Zia had to say!

give this thread a few more pages and Pakistanis will claim that too.. Pakistanis have taken the term "Making History" a little too literally it seems :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom