What's new

What do you think of cousin marriages ?

This isnt good for the genetical variaty at all though.
This trend is dying out.

Educated people understand the risks.

In my family.. (we are from conservative and rural background)... in my generation... only 1 such cousin marriage exists... and that too due to family issues... my cousin was rather "forced" into marryin his cousin.. by his family and his cousins...

In the next gen... there wont be any..

Apart from that people are now marryin outside their ethnicity let alone relatives etc... inter ethnic marriages are becoming more common that ever before... and this cousin marriage is dying trend...

In the past, such marriages were more common specially among land owning families (so they dont split their land or wealth) and poor (because they had little choice).

@A.P. Richelieu There is another factor. Having competition in the reproductive process helps to improve the henetic health. In crude terms a a dumb weakling male or a dumb ugly female do not get chance to process their inferior genetics and are simply "weeded out" of the population stock. Without competition these traits get chance to replicate again havin devastating effect on the genetic pool. All this raises moral and ethical questions beyond the remit of this thread but arte troubling aspects of Pakistani culture - something we all including myself are guilty of by association or practice.

Cousin marriage is just a propoganda n nothing else
It isnt.

Its like a silver bullet ... you are lucky if you dodge it...

The risks increase, with such subsequent unions.

@A.P. Richelieu There is another factor. Having competition in the reproductive process helps to improve the henetic health. In crude terms a a dumb weakling male or a dumb ugly female do not get chance to process their inferior genetics and are simply "weeded out" of the population stock. Without competition these traits get chance to replicate again havin devastating effect on the genetic pool. All this raises moral and ethical questions beyond the remit of this thread but arte troubling aspects of Pakistani culture - something we all including myself are guilty of by association or practice.
You marry your cousin?

Its causing disabled babies among the british Pak diaspora... where you folks import brides and grooms from back home...

No but was within "clan". So there might have been relationship many generations ago. But certainly nothing within living memory.
By that definition... all humans are cousin.. one way or the other.

Unless you dont bang you first or perhaps second cousin... its kosher..

Western bull shyyte.

I have witnessed a million cousin marriages in Pakistan. Perfectly healthy children.
Ask any Pak doctor... He will tell you the risks..
The same western science says masturbation does not effect psychological and physical health of a person. Wheras, in eastern science it is known to cause vision, hair and memory loss.( I read a paper of an egyptian university doctors where they conducted research. I dont remember the name of the author(s) since they were fancy arab names with lineages etc)
And you grow hair on ur palms? :lol:

@Kaptaan before you question me... no amigo... I married into a whole different ethnic group... :D

Charles Darwin and Albert Einstein are two abnormal people who got married to their cousins

And Einstein did not breed with his cousin, while Darwin was forever anxious
that the illnesses of his kids (three died before the age of 10),
were due to inbreeding.

And Einstein did not breed with his cousin, while Darwin was forever anxious
that the illnesses of his kids (three died before the age of 10),
were due to inbreeding.
Remember Habsbergs... entire dynasty got exterminated due to inbreeding.

Hahahaha ... yeh it was not first, second, third, or even fourth" - it was "Kosher". Man that was funny. Thanks for livening my Friday evening !!!
Keep it real homie..

So you are attributing all this to cousin marriages ? So Indian and Bengali have no genetic abnormalities ?
Cousin marriages is also prevalent in Afghanistan and other Muslim countries

India is also affected.
Map of population resulting from close relative marriages.

https://sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inavel
AE16DC33-1868-48ED-A4E1-7C0B4673D4B9.png

Iran has program where couples before marriage can get check up. I hope pak adopts it.

thats because asian focus on education, and wanting their kids to be doctor, lawyer etc...(professional jobs that needs education)... i am not saying genetic defects makes you dumb necessarily.

No genetic abnormality is impossible to achieve.. we can minimize it, by reducing whatever factors we know of... the ones you listed included..
since the factors you listed does not apply to pakistanis(no smoking, drinking, teenage pregnancy, drugs, over 35) ... we dont have much else to blame on.
There are many non-genetic factors which is also affecting the health of infants. You will probably ignore majority positive cases of cousin marriages where children were born as fit (boht physically and mentally) and by the way darwin’s parents were also first cousins :P This risk of abnormalities apply primarily to those couples who are carriers of genetic disorders that are normally rare and for over 90% of cousin marriages, their risk [of having a child with a genetic abnormality] is the same as it is for the general population. Just think about past about how evolution of life occurred from one man and woman

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...s-getting-married-scientists-say-1210072.html

Back
Top Bottom