What's new

What Do Indians Want From Pakistan !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that I would like to see normal relations with India, and both countries cooperating in trade and competing in sports, opening travel and tourism - like normal neighbors.
Both countries have most to gain, and very little to lose. However the reality is different, all our differences and events throughout history have shown us that these differences have been exploited to sow the seeds of mistrust. It's the easy way out, for both sides. To change the future, we have to change our ways - otherwise continuing the same actions and policies, and expecting different results would be tantamount to insanity. To change our ways, it needs courage - lots of courage. I think the current leadership on either side doesn't have what it takes to take this path of courage, and even if they do, some other vested interests will make sure it doesn't happen.

I think we can agree that the biggest issue between us is Kashmir. Leaving aside the UN resolutions, which are very clear as to what needs to happen, lets talk a bit practical. Neither Pakistan, nor India want to cede Kashmir - so how do we move forward, and resolve the situation?

I think we should make Kashmir a neutral zone, a self contained authority, a completely demilitarized zone, which both Pakistan and India agree on honoring its neutral status. Both Pakistan and India fund it 50-50%, representatives from the region itself and some special appointees from Indo-Pak manage the administration. Legitimate residents would get "citizenship" status, and could open businesses and look for jobs in the entire Kashmir region. Residents of India and Pakistan would get special "tourist" visas to visit and freely roam the entire region. Currencies of both India and Pakistan would be readily accepted everywhere, and trade would be allowed to move freely to Kashmir from both countries. And a treaty would be signed to make it happen, and we may call it the Kashmir Peace Treaty, with UN making a special session to mark the occasion :)

Do you think it will be something that we could live in peace with? Would it help both the countries, and help bridge years of mistrust, and start a new courageous way forward?

I sure do hope we can work things out for the greater good.

What do Indians have to say about these complains which Pakistanis have about them and what can they do to negate these feelings in case if Indians are willing to have better relations with Pakistan?

Lets see what kind of response I get on this thread specially from other side of the border .

First and foremost thing is that India doesn't want anything but peace from Pakistan.

And India is NEITHER going after GB and Azad Kashmir NOR will ever hand over its residual J&K territory to Pakistan.

Pakistan's obsession for Kashmir is the root cause. When Pakistan accepts the present Ground Positions of the respected armies as the International border and agree to the present status quo on LoC, then there won't be any other issues that cannot be easily resolved.

BUT to tell Pakistan to forget Indian Kashmir is ASKING TOO MUCH :D

Therefore citizens of both the countries have to live like eternal enemies till issue of Kashmir exists.

This generation of India elected modi... Why? We all know... I don't expect anything from such extremist nation though trade should never stop which will eventually result in normal relations (maybe)

It's Revised Akhand Bharat that India wants where Pakistan is broken in to pieces and all those pieces are subservient to India (just as current Bangladesh is).

It's as simple as that.

Oh, plus the Supremacy Bug

I would say that I would like to see normal relations with India, and both countries cooperating in trade and competing in sports, opening travel and tourism - like normal neighbors.
Both countries have most to gain, and very little to lose. However the reality is different, all our differences and events throughout history have shown us that these differences have been exploited to sow the seeds of mistrust. It's the easy way out, for both sides. To change the future, we have to change our ways - otherwise continuing the same actions and policies, and expecting different results would be tantamount to insanity. To change our ways, it needs courage - lots of courage. I think the current leadership on either side doesn't have what it takes to take this path of courage, and even if they do, some other vested interests will make sure it doesn't happen.

I think we can agree that the biggest issue between us is Kashmir. Leaving aside the UN resolutions, which are very clear as to what needs to happen, lets talk a bit practical. Neither Pakistan, nor India want to cede Kashmir - so how do we move forward, and resolve the situation?

I think we should make Kashmir a neutral zone, a self contained authority, a completely demilitarized zone, which both Pakistan and India agree on honoring its neutral status. Both Pakistan and India fund it 50-50%, representatives from the region itself and some special appointees from Indo-Pak manage the administration. Legitimate residents would get "citizenship" status, and could open businesses and look for jobs in the entire Kashmir region. Residents of India and Pakistan would get special "tourist" visas to visit and freely roam the entire region. Currencies of both India and Pakistan would be readily accepted everywhere, and trade would be allowed to move freely to Kashmir from both countries. And a treaty would be signed to make it happen, and we may call it the Kashmir Peace Treaty, with UN making a special session to mark the occasion :)

Do you think it will be something that we could live in peace with? Would it help both the countries, and help bridge years of mistrust, and start a new courageous way forward?

I sure do hope we can work things out for the greater good.

The minute Pakistan normalises it's relationship with india, our nation will cease to exist. The indians are the biggest threat to our existence.

This generation of India elected modi... Why? We all know... I don't expect anything from such extremist nation though trade should never stop which will eventually result in normal relations (maybe)

Honestly the other option was Rahul Gandhi. So it was obvious who was gonna win. Nothing to do with extremism.

The minute Pakistan normalises it's relationship with india, our nation will cease to exist. The indians are the biggest threat to our existence.

A. I DO NOT think normalizing relations with India will mean the end of Pakistan.

B. If you are right, then shouldn't Pakistanis do some soul-searching as to why peace is their biggest threat?

A. I DO NOT think normalizing relations with India will mean the end of Pakistan.

B. If you are right, then shouldn't Pakistanis do some soul-searching as to why peace is their biggest threat?

Same reason why Arabs and Israelis can never have peace.

for 2nd part KAshmir will never be Pakistans. it may continue simmering like this and till then it will be under Indian military. Indias diplomatic clout is increasing with its economic might and also its military power. . also it is a very strategic state. of course kashmir will continue to be a pain in our a$$ but there is simply no chance to give it up coz its a strategic area . so pakistan can forget kashmir
:) ahhh you forgot that kashmir is going to be important for some big powers too so better solve it before we both are kicked out

Leave India alone. Peace and trade can solve any big problems. But mumbo jumbos never seem to realise this. China and Japan will never go to war because of 600B annual trade, which no one wants to lose. If India and Pakistan prosper, next step is automatically Kashmir, where joint administration would have been possible.

So for the next 30 years, do not train terrorists, do not do another Mumbai, do not fund. And we will reciprocate. Done deal

Same reason why Arabs and Israelis can never have peace.

Lol. They are and Saudis are buying weapons from Israelis :lol:

What do I want from Pakistan?

A. Recognize the LOC and make them borders permanent. YOu might do anything you want but nothings gonna change in that regard.
B. Help establish peaceful democracy in Afghanistan.
B. Open them borders man. I want a road trip to Lahore moving to Balochistan to finally Afghanistan for holidays at least once in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom