What's new

What do Indians think of Timurlane?

Its super power dream that binds indians together!! Not English or Hinduism!

A uneducated remark if there was one.

Not that it matters at all but since this silly point has been inserted - this Super Power thing came about only a decede or less ago.

How was India together till then ? Obviously there is something else that binds us together.

Others broke while we still remain together.

well, they don't know about politics either! The only thing they care is food!! I am talking about educated indians!!!

The superpower talks are only few years old.

Indians need be asked only one question,one question only:

Why is it that the British mother tongue is the official tongue of India?

A 2nd question that derives from the 1st is this:what's India's NATIONAL language?

English is neither official nor national language in India.

The superpower talks are only few years old.

English is neither official nor national language in India.
Ok why do Catalans want to be separated from Spain? When Arunachal have no problem with Delhi? What is it that invokes separatism in Catalonia, but not Arunachal??

Bhagne means son of your sister (in bengali). I did not have any sister so got emotional when DP called me mama:cry:

Unlucky! You missed the most celebrated relation of Bengal!!Mama Bhagne Jekhane apod nai Sekhane!

amazing ! rubbish topic , and trollfest discussion ! why my fellow friends even bother to entertain such topic ?

The modern British are also descendent of anglo saxon and Norman invaders. This fact is accepted by the Brits. The Indians get rile up if you mention the aryan invaders and you would be attacked personally.

Perhaps it would make sense if you were to ask yourself what Aryan invasion you are referring to.

In case it has slipped your notice, and I sincerely hope that is not counted as a personal attack, there is a clear consensus among scholars that there was no raiding, whooping crowd of barbarians massacring cities, enslaving women and children and building pyramids of skulls.

One line of investigation, which is heavily dependent on linguistic analysis, believes that the family of languages currently known as Indo-European came into India around 3,500 to 4,000 years ago. Since this transmission could have happened by travellers learning a foreign language and bringing it back, or by immigrants carrying their own language and influencing those around them, they postulate an incursion - not an invasion - of individuals, families and tribes, into north-west India, and that the language they spoke grew in popularity, and spread across north India rapidly, within a millennium or so of its introduction.

An opposed school of thought believes that in the absence of archaeological evidence, there is not sufficient linguistic evidence to conclude that these languages were introduced by immigrants. They point out that the evidence can just as easily be interpreted to fit the possibility that Indo-European languages originated in India, and were introduced to the world by emigration from India, not by immigration into India.

It is by no means written in stone that there was a Timur-like invasion in that 3,500 year ago episode.

For these reasons, there is a lot of adverse reaction to foolish people who still grasp the academic theories of a hundred years ago, and will not find the current state of play, simply because using the gross reconstructions of the past, they are able to score debating points. If you wish to join those foolish people, you must not flinch at receiving glancing injuries.

That's nothing compared to 800 years of slavery under Central Asian conquerors ;)

All your language, identity and history were wiped not..... and Indus River Valley was lost forever :lol:

Timur is my favorite conqueror of all time even better than Ghazni, Ghauri and Babur..... can't wait for another Timur to emerge from Mongoloid peoples to finish the job. :)

Your understanding of history is as defective as your digestion. Whoever the conqueror is, if there is going to be one, please ask him to step by for an introduction to Sat Isabgol. Of course, the consequent relief might stop his conquering habits, but that is a risk that we have to face boldly. If for no other reason than that it might encourage you to face us rather than turning away; we are easily intimidated by megatons of energy.

You need some serious help. I would never on the lowest day praise the slaughtering of Chinese by the Japanese or Mongols.

And I'm sure the butchering the Mongols did to the Hans was leagues a head of what Timur did to India, Iran, Iraq, etc. So I think you would sympathise.

Leave the poor, suffering creature alone. It's his digestion.

Ok why do Catalans want to be separated from Spain? When Arunachal have no problem with Delhi? What is it that invokes separatism in Catalonia, but not Arunachal??

I have no idea about Catalonia.

English is what tie the whole nation of India together. Without English, India would not be what it is today. Indians are proud of this English heritage as they are proud of serving their British master's during WWII as evident by a recent thread.

You chinis should be kissing the very ground we walk on then! If it wasn't for us and the Allies, you people would still be bending over for the Japanese and your women would still be their comfort women. :azn:

Back
Top Bottom