What's new

What do Chinese think of Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really sense fear from West-loving Pakistanis on growing Pak-China relationship.
If you look at half the threads on CPEC either they are from me or I have significant contribution in them. Ask the Chinese members how enthusiastic I am about that. A open mind is asset.

I agree, Pew is not be end of all but I used it as illustrative of rather than the final nail in the coffin incontrovertible evidence.

I am of Pakistani orgin in UK.

Where do you get the idea I love USA. I have opened threads on the genocide of Native Americans and how that country was built on genocide/slavery.

Good.

And are you Polish. I clarified my heritage. Just curious.

I am of Polish origin in Poland :lol:

I am of Polish origin in Poland
Okay. I guess that makes you more genuine then me. What you are is where you are. I am where what I am not :undecided:

I the reason I asked about your origin is there are lots of Poles where I live and most are very pro US, thus my surprise about what you said.

If you look at half the threads on CPEC either they are from me or I have significant contribution in them. Ask the Chinese members how enthusiastic I am about that. A open mind is asset.
It was not mean't as personal attack, I mean it in general terms. It was just my opinion and I am open to changing it. There are some people like Hussain Haqqani who rather see Pakistan remain as an American client than ally with non-intrusive powers and gain some of its lost independence economically and politically.
My point was if people have reservations on how we are looked at, and if we make that an issue we wouldn't be able to deal with anyone. Can you name me more than like one country whose majority has positive view of Pakistan (backed up by polls).

Hope one day we can live in a world, where people are not judged on their looks, height, weight (and skin colour for South Asians)

Plus most western tourists come to India, to experience new culture and people, so it contradicts your argument

on the contrary, i find his observations to be very accurate.

Also, you already said 'Western people'.
Chinese tourists do not have the same adventurous mindset of Westerners. When Chinese tourists visit foreign lands, they tend to go to globalised and liberal places for a change in experience.

Hope one day we can live in a world, where people are not judged on their looks, height, weight (and skin colour for South Asians)

unfortunately, that will never happen. The darker your skin tone is, the more discriminated you are(not those tanned-looking types); that racism do not exists is a blatant lie. Hence, Indians are looked looked down upon like animals.

Last edited:
It was not mean't as personal attack, I mean it in general terms. It was just my opinion and I am open to changing it. There are some people like Hussain Haqqani who rather see Pakistan remain as an American client than ally with non-intrusive powers and gain some of its lost independence economically and politically.
My point was if people have reservations on how we are looked at, and if we make that an issue we wouldn't be able to deal with anyone. Can you name me more than like one country whose majority has positive view of Pakistan (backed up by polls).
No I can't but complacency is a Pakistani disease. With Pakistan's fantastic geopolitical relationship we should be the darlings in Beijhing but we are not. India has and will get even more antagnostic relationship with China so if they are held in low esteem by Chinese that is understandable. At least the Indian's take refuge in having reasonable scores in the West including America.

Must we be zero everywhere? I think there is lot of scope for improving ou stock in China. With the West although you should not given up anywhere but the picure is grim. However China is our 'green pasture' and we need to water it - not being complacent. We need extract the maximum out of that. Islamabad airport should have millions of Chinese landing every year. That can be done but with appropriate policies. It will not happen by itself.

And by the way I am not farting in air. I have friend who was brought up in Hong Kong but left soon after the handover in 1997 and too British citizenship. His parents were from Attock. He speaks fluent Chinese. He has provide me insight into the Chinese mind. He gave examples of how they tap the table if they like the food and their not to great fondness for religions including Islam. In addition when my brother was a student in university he lived in shared house with whole bunch of Chinese and naturally on visits I got talking to these students. this is fro early 2000s and the Chinese wave of students had began. Now it is a flood.

Okay. I guess that makes you more genuine then me. What you are is where you are. I am where what I am not :undecided:

I the reason I asked about your origin is there are lots of Poles where I live and most are very pro US, thus my surprise about what you said.

Here in Greater Poland I don't know anyone who is very pro Murrika. Most people are indifferent. Just like most people are neutral about Russia. I see Murikka as bigger threat to Poland than Russia. Murikkans in June 2016 killed Polish civilian and wounded another near Świętoszów (source). Yankee corporate media are silent about this.https://www.wprost.pl/kraj/10009458...a-osoba-nie-zyje-druga-jest-ciezko-ranna.html
It's a false yankee clichee that Poles are pro Murrika. Most Poles I know are indifferent.

Must we be zero everywhere? I think there is lot of scope for improving ou stock in China. With the West although you should not given up anywhere but the picure is grim. However China is our 'green pasture' and we need to water it - not being complacent. We need extract the maximum out of that. Islamabad airport should have millions of Chinese landing every year. That can be done but with appropriate policies. It will not happen by itself.

I agree with this 100%. I misconstrued you dissing our image with non-engagement with China. We should proactively fight to improve our image and maybe emulate India's "incredible india" marketing trick. And maybe marketing is important for a long lasting economic relationship, we need to market Pakistan as a safe and economically feasible place to attract businesses. I get your complacency point though I still think image (and how we are looked at) is a secondary thing, the image will get better when there is actual change on the ground in terms of security, economics, education, human rights,.. Lets take Incredible India as an example, when you have dirt poor population with million and a one problem and you portray yourself as a regional heavy weight, I think you look pathetic. I don't think image is not an issue I agree with you there, but its not the issue.

Two prominent monks traveled to Gandhara, Taxila(part of modern Pakistan) on their pilgrimage, Faxian in 402 A.D. and Xuanzang in 630 A.D., respectively. Apparently there were great influence received from Taxila back then.
Yes, indeed. Taxila was major centre of Gandhara. It is on the suburbs of Pakistan's capital Islamabad. On the map below it is just left of Islamabad marked in red circle. The entire region north west of Islamabad is full of fantastic fusion of Greek/Buddhism historical sites.

300r30z.jpg

A map showing all the Buddhist historical sites from the Greek/Gandharan period. From Islamabad all are within 100 miles range.

9t0dxj.jpg

For me it is rather endearing that our countries share such a long historical connection going back nearly 2000 years ago. The land that Faxian and Xuanzang walked over is again today meeting China in new rediscovery and moving forward to new epoch in history under the CPEC.

Last edited:
on the contrary, i find his observations to be very accurate.

Also, you already said 'Western people'.
Chinese tourists do not have the same adventurous mindset of Westerners. When Chinese tourists visit foreign lands, they tend to go to globalised and liberal places for a change in experience.

unfortunately, that will never happen. The darker your skin tone is, the more discriminated you are(not those tanned-looking types); that racism do not exists is a blatant lie. Hence, Indians are looked looked down upon like animals.

you do no you are being racist to ur own people and pakistanis as well?

Whats worse than being racist to ur own people? not much i guess

ps. im fair skin punjabi

you do no you are being racist to ur own people and pakistanis as well?

Whats worse than being racist to ur own people? not much i guess

ps. im fair skin punjabi

no i dont- and how am i being racist to 'my own ppl'?(im chinese). Moreever, im talking about Indians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom