What's new

What do Chinese think of Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have friend who was brought up in Hong Kong but left soon after the handover in 1997 and too British citizenship
Just for saying, some HK people can be very racists on skin colour, especially at that time we were one of the four tigers in Asia and very rich. However, please don't judge the whole Chinese people by our behaviour. If you know better, they even look down on our own brother (mainland Chinese). The mindset of some HK people are very different from mainland Chinese, where they (some HK people) hate the poor and dark skinned, but admire the white and wealthy. And this is the result of colonial education and psychological brainwashing for controlling the population, but I'm not going to further explain in here.

Just for saying, some HK people can be very racists on skin colour, especially at that time we were one of the four tigers in Asia and very rich. However, please don't judge the whole Chinese people by our behaviour. If you know better, they even look down on our own brother (mainland Chinese). The mindset of some HK people are very different from mainland Chinese, where they (some HK people) hate the poor and dark skinned, but admire the white and wealthy. And this is the result of colonial education and psychological brainwashing for controlling the population, but I'm not going to further explain in here.

This is very true. :tup:

Are you from HK Dragon?

Yes I'm a Hong Konger. :tup:

What @bbccdd1470 said is correct, there are some people here who are self-haters and worship anything that is not Chinese. Luckily it is only a small percentage, but due to the liberal nature of Hong Kong laws we attract all of these types of people from across the Greater China region.

I have the feeling that the Beijing government is fine with this, they want all the anti-national elements to congregate in one place so they are easier to keep an eye on.

Leave alone mainland Chinese. People who hates people even hate their own brothers or sisters who aren't too well off.
To add to it, they sometimes even hate their own self.
Han - Chinese from Hong Kong. ;)

To add to it, they sometimes even hate their own self

Yes. In psychological terms, hatred for others usually stems from self-hatred.

Han - Chinese from Hong Kong. ;)

Basically everyone in Hong Kong is Han Chinese. :P We don't have that many Chinese minorities. And the non-Chinese people here (Westerners/Arabs/South Asians) are not Chinese citizens, they are usually here on a work permit or a vacation.

Yes. In psychological terms, hatred for others usually stems from self-hatred.

Basically everyone in Hong Kong is Han Chinese. :P We don't have that many Chinese minorities. And the non-Chinese people here (Westerners/Arabs/South Asians) are not Chinese citizens, they are usually here on a work permit or a vacation.
If ever I get to visit Hong Kong, I'll come to visit you and have a drink together. Then talk about bashing Indians. :D

What @bbccdd1470 said is correct, there are some people here who are self-haters and worship anything that is not Chinese. Luckily it is only a small percentage, but due to the liberal nature of Hong Kong laws we attract all of these types of people from across the Greater China region.

I have the feeling that the Beijing government is fine with this, they want all the anti-national elements to congregate in one place so they are easier to keep an eye on.

This remind me of hundred flower campaign or democracy wall.A way for Xi to identify his opposition.

Well constructed post, but I think Pakistan can adopt policy measures to address the issue. The wise do not let circumstances control them; they adapt the circumstances to their advantage. With the China/Pak strategic equation based on solid geopolitics Pakistan has a opportunity placed on a plate. All Pakistan has to do is grab it.

If I could influence the powers that be I would begin first to set up a agency tasked to deliver a cross spectrum relationship with China by leveraging our geopolitical relationship. The agency would plan over 10 years as follows.

1. Recruit and hire at least 10,000 goodwill ambassadors from Northern Areas and KPK. I know this might sound racist but we can't change the world. You got to play with what you have. All the goodwill ambassadors would be chosen on basis of looking most 'European'. I already know European looking Pakistani's have it easier in China. They then would be sent to China to learn Mandarin and Chinese culture. The candidates, male and female must display very friendly demeanours. After learning Mandarin they would be selected on basis of their skills to either work in major Chinese cities to sell Pakistan as a tourist destination.

2. The other group would be bought back and posted as tourist officials at hotels and tourist sites across Gandhara region. Investment in new hotels and facelties ahgain staffed by this group.

3. Some of the agency staff attached to every Chinese company in Pakistan as laison officers to smoothen the day to day operations of the companies and making sure tat the employees of the Chinese companies have nice time and go back with a positive image of the country.

4. As the number of tourists increase and Chinese footprint increases increase the numbers of te agency to 20,000 again all are sent to China for 3 year learning Mandarin and Chinese culture.

5. Have large numbers of these recruits from this agency working in high profile locations in China in particular with media, trade fairs all working to gave Pak positive publicutry and sell 'Gandhara'.

I think this would help to begin building a more deeper relationship and building 'soft power; in China. Pakistan has alreaded fvcked up any chance of that in the West but it has a chance with China. It should go for it with proper policy in place.

For Chinese think Pakistan - must not mean this

mulla_o_945940.jpg

Think Pakistan - must mean this

55d83fb26ac8b.jpg
Welcome to the capitalism world. Such a trick is used to gain the popularity in the market. It is actually effective. The recent example is a pop singer sent from a Muslim country, Kazakhstan. Although there might be many talents in Kazakhstan, he was chosen because he is not only talented but also young tall and good-looking. Since he was put on the stage two weeks ago, more than 1.5 million fans have signed up to his micro web-blogger.
MrShamsiyah
My Chinese brothers and sisters, I send you a collective thank you from all of Kazakhstan for giving our Dimash a venue for revealing his incredible prodigy to the world. Our beautiful country has a small population and our shows are only viewed domestically. Thanks to you now Dimash has been seen by billions. Love and respect to all China from sunny Kazakhstan!
It is indeed a successful market promotion for Kazakhstan in China. So I am wondering when we can see Pakistani singers/actors/actress and sports stars in China.

Last edited:
Welcome to the capitalism world. Such a trick is used to gain the popularity in the market. It is actually effective. The recent example is a pop singer sent from a Muslim country, Kazakhstan. Although there might be many talents in Kazakhstan, he was chosen because he is not only talented but also young tall and good-looking. Since he was put on the stage two weeks ago, more than 1.5 million fans have signed up to his micro web-blogger.
It is indeed a successful market promotion for Kazakhstan in China. So I am wondering when we can see Pakistani singers/actors/actress and sports stars in China.

lol how many south asians know how to speak chinese like him first?

Yes, indeed. Taxila was major centre of Gandhara. It is on the suburbs of Pakistan's capital Islamabad. On the map below it is just left of Islamabad marked in red circle. The entire region north west of Islamabad is full of fantastic fusion of Greek/Buddhism historical sites.

300r30z.jpg

A map showing all the Buddhist historical sites from the Greek/Gandharan period. From Islamabad all are within 100 miles range.

9t0dxj.jpg

For me it is rather endearing that our countries share such a long historical connection going back nearly 2000 years ago. The land that Faxian and Xuanzang walked over is again today meeting China in new rediscovery and moving forward to new epoch in history under the CPEC.

Thanks for sharing.
Already we know the friendship and hospitality of Pakistan toward Chinese. The increasing awareness of ancient Pakistan influence on Chinese Buddhism will bring the affinity of our two nations into a new height. May I add another ancient interaction between China and Pakistan? The caravan passed the Gilgit-Baltistan along KKH/Karakorum Highway, one of the ancient silk routes. During their journey, our ancestors crafted great art carving on rocks.

rock-carving_1.jpg
rock-carving_2.jpg

gilgit.jpg

China Outbound Tourism in 2016

The growth of China Outbound Tourism slowed down in 2016. The outbound tourists reached 59.03 million in the first half of the year, which witnessed an increase of 4.3% over the same period of 2015. China has become the top tourist source country of many countries such as Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Maldives, Russia, and United Kingdom.

Where did Chinese tourists go?
The popular destinations among Chinese outbound tourists were mainly nearby Asian countries. There are three reasons for this:
number1.gif
it is a relatively short journey and won’t cost too much;
number2.gif
short-distance trip needs shorter time and does not require a long holiday;
number3.gif
the recent frequent terrorist attacks happened in Europe make many tourists change their way to more safer Asian countries.(Chinese tourists are visiting Asian countries more often only because of fearing for their own lives due to increased terrorists attacks in European countries)

The top 7 outbound tourism countries were Thailand, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, United States and Indonesia. By end of April, Chinese mainland tourists to Thailand have been up to 3.44 million, which accounted for 27% of the total; this witnessed an increase of 27% over the same period of 2015. In the first half of 2016, outbound tourists to Japan were up to 3.0766 million which accounted for 26.26% and it increased by 41.2%.

The top ten attraction sites among Chinese outbound tourists are as follows: Phuket, Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaeo, Gyeongbok Gung, Lotte World, Sensōji, Myeong-dong, Mt Fuji, Dual Bridges Before Imperial Place, and Osaka Castle Park.

What did Chinese tourists do?
Compared with the previous tourism of sleeping in the car, go shopping and taking photos after getting off, Chinese tourists today would rather spend more time and money entertaining themselves. They were prone to pursue good quality tours such as living better, eating better, seeking more fun and spending more time in exploring attraction sites; they were more willing to experience the daily life of the locals and know more about local customs and cultures. In the first half of 2016, the average duration of stay in each destination was 2.3 days, 0.4 day more than the same period of 2015.

Who was the main force in China outbound tourism?
In the first half of 2016, female was the main force in outbound tourism. They accounted for about 58%, up to 34.394 million. The other 42% are male, about 24.7926 million.

Among all tourists, 80’s and 90’s played an important role in outbound tourism. 24% of outbound tourists, 14.1672 million, aged between 30 and 39 years old; and 20% of them, 11.806 million, aged between 20 and 29 years old.

Package tour was still the mainstream, but independent tour increased a lot
Currently, over 50% of Chinese outbound tourists still travel in group organized by travel agencies. It is mainly because many tourists travel abroad for the first time and are lack of experience; language barrier is also a main reason. Choosing tours offered by agencies can save trouble and time, as they help apply for visas, make travel plan and book tickets and accommodation, etc. According to travel agencies, the 10 hottest tourist destinations are Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, France, Italy, Switzerland, Philippines, Singapore, and Vietnam.

Meanwhile, more and more tourists like independent tours because they are more flexible; they can travel freely without any restrictions. Tourists can make their own travel itinerary and go where they want to go. In the first half of 2016, the most popular destinations for independent travelers are Thailand, Maldives, Japan, South Korea, Indonesia, United States, Singapore, Mauritius, Vietnam and Malaysia.

A predicted appreciation of 3.9% in second half of 2016
The predicted outbound tourist number will be about 62 million in the second half of 2016, which may show an increase of 3.9%.

Data source: China National Tourism Administration

https://www.travelchinaguide.com/tourism/2016statistics/outbound.htm

US and Japan are China's enemy - yet it is in the top 7 destination for Chinese tourists.

Pakistan is China's ally- yet it is not even in the top 7.

Food for thought

Think about the 'change in experience' factor.

Singapore, just like all Chinese societies(except maybe Hongkong)- are always authoritative, as in we cannot say what we like, we cannot do this, we cannot do that- politically.

totally no freedom of expression, not to mention SG is already a democratic country nominally.

Im not gonna spend my money on going to any country that restricts my behavior,(not talking about unruly types) speech, attire or whatsoever. I want to be able to eat and buy whatever i want.

I do not have to think hard when i pondered about the question on which country would i go to if i needed a holiday from the stresses of life. In fact, it's almost the same as those in the top 7 list above.

*on top Asian destinations for Chinese tourist- one can see they are almost always countries that are officially non-theocratic, Confucianist or those with significant Chinese populations. In other words, Chinese tourists tend to go to places in Asia where they share a cultural affinity with its people.

thanks for sharing the report. I was also searching for English version of statistic reports, but no luck. However, this report seems too old. From a Chinese version that I found, the total number of China Mainland outbound tourism in the entire year of 2016 is 122 million. Below is the list of top 10 destinations as foreign countries:
1. Thailand 8.77 million
2. South Korea 8.04 million
3. Japan 6 million
9. Vietnam 3 million (estimated)

The white elephant is that Pakistan is not in the list. The Chinese outbound tourism to Pakistan is probably around 200k last year in spite of the close tie between the two countries. There are varies of reasons why the number is shy(the view/opinion of Chinese toward Pakistani is NOT one of them). To capitalize the friendship, is it possible for Pak to receive substantially big number of Chinese tourism? For example, is this possible?
1 million by 2019 (within 3 years)
2 million by 2021 (within 5 years)
5 million by 2027 (within 10 years)
What has to be done achieve such goals?

He reminds me of Kris Wu

There was also a popular singer from Malaysia a few years back.
Having performers from other countries definitely builds goodwill with the local population.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom