What's new

What do Chinese think of Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hardly noticed about Pakistan.

But my impression is Pakistan is kinda a backwater country, poor, not so modern, half middle aged, tribalism, extremely religious and very Islamic. Almost like nearby neighbor, Afghanistan, but a bit better.

But I heard somewhere that Pakistan is moderate country, where non-religious political party most of the time won public election.

But may be the government is moderate, want to modernize the country, but the people is still traditional, tribalism and strong in religion. I guess.

I wonder if Pakistani members here can explain more about Pakistan?

I hardly noticed about Pakistan.

But my impression is Pakistan is kinda a backwater country, poor, not so modern, half middle aged, tribalism, extremely religious and very Islamic. Almost like nearby neighbor, Afghanistan, but a bit better.

But I heard somewhere that Pakistan is moderate country, where non-religious political party most of the time won public election.

But may be the government is moderate, want to modernize the country, but the people is still traditional, tribalism and strong in religion. I guess.

I wonder if Pakistani members here can explain more about Pakistan?
Pakistani politicians only have one religion and that is corruption. They purposefully keep the people illiterate and "religious" while they themselves are having drunk orgies in Pakistan and London.

Easy to control people using Islam, but they themselves want a western life.

This thread is already a year old I made simliar thread to the same topic a while back, and I think this thread should be more active as China and Pakistan get closer, the need for people to people interaction is needed I mean ASAP with all the propaganda coming from West,India, certain states who have Vested agendas there need to be new narrative regarding this relationship for the most Part Pakistanis are still very pro China and Sinophilla is high however some folks living in the diaspora are getting too high on "muh Uighur" or "muh debt trap" some on social media as well.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/sino...o-people-how-to-improve.586463/#post-10935037

@Indus Pakistan

@Indus Pakistan looking back from a year you think any changes have occured

looking back from a year you think any changes have occured
Nope. Reality Check: Chinese have better opinion of Americans then Pakistan. That is gut punching. And I think as more people to people contact takes place Pakistan's stock will drop down even more. Sadly !

China05.png

Nope. Reality Check: Chinese have better opinion of Americans then Pakistan. That is gut punching. And I think as more people to people contact takes place Pakistan's stock will drop down even more. Sadly !

China05.png

I am not talking about the Chinese I am talking about the Pakistanis lol,then again I dont think there will be that much people to people for some time very few Pakistanis anyway visit PRC those who visit are just traders,students or rich tourists however some of those Pakistanis who do study in China are lot less wahhabis and more nationalistic like @Foxtrot Delta then again its East Asia very homogenous be it China,Japan,Korea or Vietnam

China05.png

If you are gonna use that judgement might as well say the same when Pakistanis meet Turks in real life in Turkey lol

I am not talking about the Chinese I am talking about the Pakistanis lol,then again I dont think there will be that much people to people for some time very few Pakistanis anyway visit PRC those who visit are just traders,students or rich tourists however some of those Pakistanis who do study in China are lot less wahhabis and more nationalistic like @Foxtrot Delta then again its East Asia very homogenous be it China,Japan,Korea or Vietnam

If you are gonna use that judgement might as well say the same when Pakistanis meet Turks in real life in Turkey lol
Pakistani's view of Chinese will plunge like a plane with no wings. Reason is as more Chinese move to Pakistan and they see them, their practices will repulse tem. Chinese love their pork and are very into pleasures of this world. Islam repulses them. Pakistani's and Chinese are far more distant then Pakistani and Americans. This will slowly prick the "higher then Himalaya bubble. Also you will have more croaking about Uighurs as they become more aware. So I think Pakistan's outlook of Chinese will drop down.

Pakistani's don't cry about Kurds and Turks are Muslims even if vast majority are secular. That makes all the differance.

Pakistani's view of Chinese will plunge like a plane with no wings. Reason is as more Chinese move to Pakistan and they see them, their practices will repulse tem. Chinese love their pork and are very into pleasures of this world. Islam repulses them. Pakistani's and Chinese are far more distant then Pakistani and Americans. This will slowly prick the "higher then Himalaya bubble. Also you will have more croaking about Uighurs as they become more aware. So I think Pakistan's outlook of Chinese will drop down.

What about the CPEC and Political relations and what if Pakistanis just take benefit from the economic stand point of view

Pakistani's don't cry about Kurds and Turks are Muslims even if vast majority are secular. That makes all the differance.[/QUOTE]

Thats odd what with this all Ummah chummah mess thing

Pakistani's don't cry about Kurds and Turks are Muslims even if vast majority are secular. That makes all the differance.

So from a economic and geo-political stand point of view do you think that Sino-Pak relations will just flutter away or you think from a stand point of the politicians that having good relations with the CCP in power is much more important than people to people I mean could care less what the Chinese do with their internal politics however if they start sending a PLA tank battlion or start acting aggressive well different story but if its to make Pakistan an economic viable country no problems

What about the CPEC and Political relations and what if Pakistanis just take benefit from the economic stand point of view
Well, that is the billion dollar question. Pakistan does not have to become athiest. If the country can moderate it's uber-religion then CPEC will work nicely as it will create a common space for both countries to engage in a profitable win win equation. If millions of Chinese can come to Pakistan and have as good time as they do in London, New York then CPEC will take off. If not then it will follow the trajector that the US/Pak relationship did from it's heights in 1960s to it's acrimony today.

I am guardedly optimistic because Chinese will apply pressure on Pakistani governmrent. The reason why we have uber-religousity is by design. The elite did this to the masses so they could retain their control and priviliages. With Chinese pressure the state mightbegin to unroll radicalism.

Thats odd what with this all Ummah chummah mess thing

So from a economic and geo-political stand point of view do you think that Sino-Pak relations will just flutter away or you think from a stand point of the politicians that having good relations with the CCP in power is much more important than people to people I mean could care less what the Chinese do with their internal politics however if they start sending a PLA tank battlion or start acting aggressive well different story but if its to make Pakistan an economic viable country no problems[/QUOTE]

this is all matter, the rest is not important.
Chinese and Pakistani have different goal and view. it's not compatible.
only on politic that China and Pakistan can get together.
People - People, nope.

Pakistani view of Chinese is going down as well.

It's a 2 way street and unlike *** kissers on the forum I call it for what it is.

Now of course all Chinese don't behave this way, but the ones that do leave lasting impressions on the locals.

Look the state does not require religion to be pumped up the people's a*sses. Most people converted to Islam by choice. There was no Pakistani state or TLP's Rizvi rioting and forcing people when our ancestors converted. Many PDF'ers if not most live in North America or Europe. We all survive being Muslims despite the ocean of sin around us. Now nobody can serriously say we the ex-pats living the secular west are not as good Muslims as those in the Islamic republic. That about proves that we don't need a religious state. The ex-pats are living proof of that.

Well, that is the billion dollar question. Pakistan does not have to become athiest. If the country can moderate it's uber-religion then CPEC will work nicely as it will create a common space for both countries to engage in a profitable win win equation. If millions of Chinese can come to Pakistan and have as good time as they do in London, New York then CPEC will take off. If not then it will follow the trajector that the US/Pak relationship did from it's heights in 1960s to it's acrimony today.

I am guardedly optimistic because Chinese will apply pressure on Pakistani governmrent. The reason why we have uber-religousity is by design. The elite did this to the masses so they could retain their control and priviliages. With Chinese pressure the state mightbegin to unroll radicalism.

You see this why I support the CPEC and Sino-Pak relations if it means the gradual decline of the clerics and mullahism problem bought in by the short sighted elite in the 1970s and 1980s I am all for it but as for millions of Chinese moving in highly doubt maybe a few hundred or so but as their needs decline most of them will pack up and leave or move to a third country like USA or Canada just like the Koreans did when they were doing mega projects in the Mid-East during the 1980s speaking of which my Korean neighbor was once a construction worker in KSA during those times.I think for the Uighur problem screw that yes the Turks care about their Kin blah blah "Muh Turanism" ,"Pan Turkic Ideals" not our problem a East Turkestan will be a eyesore for us more PNS Mehrans and bombings plus Yanks get hold in front of our noses we just need to be patient anyways

this is all matter, the rest is not important.
Chinese and Pakistani have different goal and view. it's not compatible.
only on politic that China and Pakistan can get together.
People - People, nope.
Good point you make but if the one dimentional strategic relationship is to be consummated it will require people to people contact. Thus far it only has been limited to few officials. But things will change if CPEC is going to go anywhere. CPEC is not about tarmac. It is about creating linkages between two societies along a economic corridor.

Good point you make but if the one dimentional strategic relationship is to be consummated it will require people to people contact. Thus far it only has been limited to few officials. But things will change if CPEC is going to go anywhere. CPEC is not about tarmac. It is about creating linkages between two societies along a economic corridor.
CPEC is just another business corridor, that's it.
we don't like preaching people do this and that, we are more focus on our own goal and ourself. if you think Chinese will come and influence Pakistani, you are dead wrong.

Gwadar will become another mouritius.
https://www.scmp.com/news/world/afr...ped-make-tiny-mauritius-african-success-story

soon after couple of decade Chinese will gradually leave Gwadar when the leasing time is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom