What's new

What comes first?Nation or religion?

What comes first?

• Nation

Votes: 112 62.6%
  • Religion

Votes: 67 37.4%

• Total voters
Hindu Muslim was a major Issue back then because of alienation that was given to Muslims, today situation is different but still minorities are not even close to influence with majorities in all three countries.

Pls could you elaborate on this alienation ..what rather which act of injustice are you talking about??

Even if today we shift all Muslim populations from India to Pakistan and BD and shift all the Hindus from Muslims countries to India, the conditions will improve.
No matter how much we beat the drums of secularism their always exist little friction between different groups no matter based on religion or anything else.

Nothing will change ..
eg
Pakistan has a largely homogeneous population ie Muslims with very little minorities ...but still even amongst Muslims people are fighting each other on the basis of sect, ethnicity,... religious intolerance is even potrayed against the ppl of same religon
eg

Taliban is fighting liberals

Shias are fighting Sunnis

Sunnis are fighting Ahmedis

Muhajirs are fighting Pakhtuns

Hence intolerance towards ppl of different religions will only breed intolerance towards all.

Basic human nature is, at first he will fight ppl who are different from him in any way(in this case religion) and when that differnce ceases to exist ..he will fight amongst his own.

But im in no way in support of this, its just a supposition.

So two nation theory will always prove itself whenever a certain group of majority will suppress minority to the boundaries of tolerance.

If minority means population which is different from majority ..then there are many nations existing in Pakistan too??(on basis of sect , ethnicity , views, language)..then do you support if they should all go their own way and form a separate nation of their own??

Last edited:
Religion forms basis of what you call a Nation. 2 Nation Theory wasn't based on territory, rather it was religion that made India split.

Why you say Kashmir will be part of Pakistan? Any other reasons other than religion?
That my friend is one of the most flawed theory in the history of the sub continent.

How are you cretin you can make a point on that when you couldn't convince that to Kashmiris? No wonder Kashmiris chant Pakistan se Rishta Kya, La Ilaha Illala.

Also, BJP workers Chant, Hindustan me rehna hai to wand-e-matram kehna hoga. For BJP and the mindset, its relegion that comes first.

Arrey bhaiya,Vande mataram is itself to denote one's dedication towards India,it has no relation with religion.
Do you even know what Vande mataram means?
It is a Bengali word,i m a Punjabi and i today proudly chant Vande Mataram,this is the integrity which persists in India and no wonder,all Indians have put their nation at the first place,unlike many Pakistani's.

@ topic

Until we run in to a Aliens Its nation for me.
My nationality is my identity.
My religion is and expression of my personal choice to follow a certain set of beliefs .

Undoubtedly nation first for me!
Forget the religion,forget the region,all that comes first for me is my nation.
Yours?

India my mother land :cheers:
flagindia.gif

india-shining-ken_26.jpg

indian_flag11.jpg

our ideology came from religion bro...:pakistan:

And what about the Hindus living in Pakistan?
Then you must be saying they are not your brothers,though they are Pakistanis.
Care to explain?:tdown:

ALways the nation brfore anything else ............ Proud to be an Indian .. Jai Hind

there really is a comparison in today's world.

human race has always been divided on the basis of religion (and further by religious caste systems). geographical boundaries mean nothing when greater ideologies are at work.

as far as the Muslim Ummah is concerned, we are one single nation; individual countries like Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Indonesia etc don't matter (or atleast should not matter to a Momin, who believes in Allah and strives to serve him only).

Pakistan is nothing if not a Muslim state; our putting Pakistan first (like Musharraf used to say "Sab Say Pehlay Pakistan"), is the reason we're under Allah's wrath these days. All sorts of calamities and disastors are on Pakistan, cuz we put Pakistan before Allah.

Like it or not, that's the truth and we all know it .ALLAH U'AKBAR

You don't know how to carry out a serious discussion.
BTW,who invited you here in the first place?Don't like the thread?Dont post then.
:rofl:

You don't know how to carry out a serious discussion.
Really! Why? Because im blunt and can smell a troll at a thousand paces?

LOL at you... Are you a MOD? Let me think.... No:tdown:, if there was anything wrong with my posts they would have been removed. Im sorry pal but i don't sugar coat what comes out of my mouth...

BTW... Who invited me? PDF= Pakistani (Well done bright spark)!!!

In modern Era nationalism takes precedence over religion As far as two nation theory is concerned it failed & there is no one united muslim country in the world apart from iran & saudi arabia rivalery
Today is the world of cosmopolitan culture anybody who inflicts self ghettoistion whether in the name of religion caste colour or sex is bound to fail miserably

Whats the point of this thread?

You can't compare religion to nation.

Its like saying: which comes first being a republican ( or any political party member) or an American ( or any nationality)

Whats the point of this thread?

You can't compare religion to nation.

Its like saying: which comes first being a republican ( or any political party member) or an American ( or any nationality)

This... Sadly the OP can't comprehend this fact!

our ideology came from religion bro...:pakistan:

our idealogy was defined by our Quaid .. i wil look for what was his vision and what he wanted us to be , one thing for sure brother it wasnt religion.

Back
Top Bottom