What's new

What caused overpopulation in Pakistan?

Pakistan is not that overpopulated looking at the size, landmass of Pakistan at 881,913 km², which is about the size of Germany, Italy, UK combined.

Looking at the population of these three countries which comes to be 210 million approx, Pakistan population at 220 milion is not that high.

Pakistan population density is half that of India approx., whose population is 6.5 times higher with a landmass which is 3.6 times bigger.

BD population density is 5 times that of Pakistan, on extreme levels.

Yes thanks to their food imports. You seriously think you can bring a population to anything close to a hundred million in a desert environment like the Arabian peninsula? It's biologically impossible:
21926954.jpg

You're Norwegian right? Ever wondered why your country has barely five million people despite being larger than Pakistan? The pics explain it
Then just read it again and again until you understand it.

I understand what youre insinuating, you not wrong on that. Climate and agriculture land has huge influence.

Yet you asked:

What caused overpopulation in Pakistan?​

That is what my initial comment adressed.

China has lot of agriculture land similar to the subcontinent. They had similar birth rates before CPC implemented 1child policy decades back.

So the Saudis were secretly secular the whole time? Or was it their desert environment cannot support such a large population?
Saudis have enough sense to realise breeding like rats is suicidal; people in this part of the world don't. What the local idiot, illiterate mullah/baba said is more important to them.

I think it is because less women who works. Working women usually doesnt like to have many children. If men and women work within a family, more difficult to raise children.

Women who dont work see more accomplishment with raising successful kids, where working women see both their carrier and their kids as accomplishment ( half/half)
This is a major factor. Empowering women has drastically brought fertility rate down in Bangladesh to 2.2 - too late though.

Its mostly jaahil and poor people overpopulating. Ask an average beggar and he will tell you he has 8 children.
"Fertile land" has nothing to do with it. Only about 22% of land is areable. We can't produce enough food for our people but still multiplying.
Its a similar situation in India and Bangladesh.

We breed like Rabbits, don't know what stopped my parents at 3 but the rest of my family is averaging 5-6 kids. This is not sustainable in the long run even for families and a lot of struggle is done to properly educate and bring up so many kids. In my city I know people who belonged to families going into double digits.

Imagine fielding a whole cricket team from the same family.

i heard a molvi long ago
i was in pakistan first time in my life but was already 19
so this siraiki molvi was saying in juma khutba.
aye jo janania akdia hen
bache ghat karo
khurak di kami ho wesi.
me unha ku puchda
aye jeri kuti hondi aye
10-15 bache peda kerdi aa
allah dinda ha
insan ku wi allah desi
tusa musalman wadao.

so basically he compared ladies with bitches who breed 10-15 kids and allah feed them.
this is the mentality and i know people who are inspired by that

Its mostly jaahil and poor people overpopulating. Ask an average beggar and he will tell you he has 8 children.
"Fertile land" has nothing to do with it. Only about 22% of land is areable. We can't produce enough food for our people but still multiplying.
Its a similar situation in India and Bangladesh.
When having more children is the only viable approach for his own betterment, what else would you expect from him?

Saudis have enough sense to realise breeding like rats is suicidal; people in this part of the world don't. What the local idiot, illiterate mullah/baba said is more important to them.

So india, a majority non-Muslim country has a billion people because of mullah baba while a Saudi Wahabbi state has fewer people?

They have a desert climate so they cannot produce enough food to grow their population. Most of Saudi Arabia is inhospitable to human life. Stop posting non-sense.

I understand what youre insinuating, you not wrong on that. Climate and agriculture land has huge influence.

Yet you asked:

What caused overpopulation in Pakistan?​

That is what my initial comment adressed.

China has lot of agriculture land similar to the subcontinent. They had similar birth rates before CPC implemented 1child policy decades back.

Agriculture is the cause of it. China has a fertile climate as well, hence they have such a huge population. Western China is sparsely populated as it has a dry steppe environment. To answer your question, Norway is a frozen boreal forest area. It cannot support a large population despite being larger than Pakistan.

Pakistan’s population is levelling out, the proverb not to cry over spilled milk comes to mind.
Use the population dividend, many nations are now dying out due to lack of people, just look at Europe. Also no nation on this earth is anywhere near the level of automation required to support population reduction and then look after a larger older population. Best guesses put us at least 70 years away.
By that time for many nations it will be a case of let the last person behind put the light out.

- Reduced infant mortality (advances in medicine)
- Increased food production/ availibility of food (food can be imported from global chain)

That's a liberal urban myth unfortunately. At least four scholars have published research papers refuting this myth. They cite examples of ancient human societies when infant mortality was high. But agricultural societies still managed to increase their populations but the opposite was true for hunter-gatherer societies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom