What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Habib wali Muhammad, the legend.

Yes!
Watching Habib Wali as kids on ptv in the 70s.. we would be told that he's not some professional singer but a highly literate person.. whatever the elders meant by that!
PS. It's hard for me to relate to Desi music, shows and movies before 1970 and after 1990...

Habib wali Muhammad, the legend.

Nice singing and entertaining of the audience but I felt that the tabla was drowning the singing.

And how would you compare his performance with this one of Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan at the Dhaka International Folk Festival 2018 ?

I am of the opinion, after Farida, Abida Parveen and same generation, we will hardly see any such talent from Pakistan or India, ever again.

I disagree. I have watched a few participation from Pakistan Idol and I have watched Indian talent shows and see good new singers.

Take for example Nishtha Sharma in The Voice India Kids 2016. A faster song - 'Roz shaam aati thi' and a more classical - 'Phul gendwa na maro'.

@ghazi52 @Meengla @truthfollower @vishwambhar

@jamahir Surya was first to get 1 lac per movie.. it was a news back then
So I asked you if a story comes up when you listen this music (first ~10 mint)
1, First music infers as Native Americans just living their life, all are happy, roaming around, and have peaceful settlements.
2. 2nd music depicts that europeans have arrived, and had started killing natives. They brought misery, diseases and slavery. fathers lost sons, sons lost mothers and everyone is effected. The howling seems of a lost child screaming to skies.
3. The 3rd music is aftermath of devastation. Natives are hiding, expelled from their lands, and hopeless.
4. The 4th music seems enlightenment and just bearing with reality. What has been done has been. They are trying now to hold their identity in current century. Staring tall buildings where once their settlement was. May be wondering whether their ancestors graves are underneath these.
5. the last music may be like end credit.
@Joe Shearer @JamD @fitpOsitive @Darth Vader

Back
Top Bottom