What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Another blast from the past. Pakistan's beautiful Musarrat Nazeer. With much of the media curbs in Pakistan imposed by Zia ul Haq on the Pakistani Film Industry, the Pakistan TV 'dramas' (soap operas) and weekly music performances by selected singers, the shows like 'Meri Pasand' really took off.

Though I don't know this language much (Punjabi), this still sounds just as beautiful and aching to one's heart now as I watched it many decades on ago on PTV!

PS. I have a German America friend. We all here agree that Musarrat and she look a lot alike--even the way they sing/dance!

Another blast from the past. Pakistan's beautiful Musarrat Nazeer. With much of the media curbs in Pakistan imposed by Zia ul Haq on the Pakistani Film Industry, the Pakistan TV 'dramas' (soap operas) and weekly music performances by selected singers, the shows like 'Meri Pasand' really took off.

Though I don't know this language much (Punjabi), this still sounds just as beautiful and aching to one's heart now as I watched it many decades on ago on PTV!

PS. I have a German America friend. We all here agree that Musarrat and she look a lot alike--even the way they sing/dance!

she is in Canad or US right now.. and She is extremely beautiful like of hollywood standard (you need to be good looking to be in Films). My entire family was fan of her. Though I didn't like her bcz of glossy get up. Also bcz I don't like nose jewellery. and she used to wear it.,

she is in Canad or US right now.. and She is extremely beautiful like of hollywood standard (you need to be good looking to be in Films). My entire family was fan of her. Though I didn't like her bcz of glossy get up. Also bcz I don't like nose jewellery. and she used to wear it.,

I think women look beautiful with nose rings! But that's my own liking! Anyway, I stand corrected: After watching some of the comments to the Musarrat Nazir video, it looks like this video was not from 'Meri Pasand'. But she did make a dedicated PTV music show, as did the legendary Noor Jehan.

Noor Jehan was gone from the Pakistani showbizz for a long time till then. Noor Jehan had risked her life by going to the recording studios to sing patriotic songs during the India-Pakistan wars before and yet even she was not given any quarters by the bigoted Zia. Actually, I remember Noor Jehan publicly pleading to Zia ul Haq to allow the run of 'Urdu Feature Film' on PTV. Zia didn't oblige her at least immediately. To him, the Films were 'Fahash'! What a Taliban President we had!!!

PS. Noor Jehan was a family friend of us from the Mama's side. I had seen a pic of her with my mother in a party I think from the 1960s. Both ladies in glorious Saris and in heavy gold and diamond jewelry. Some relatives still might have those pics.

@jamahir , @Meengla , @fitpOsitive

I guess not all bastar*ization are bad some are pretty good:

The original:

The copied version:

I find both of them equally enjoyable, the later slightly more so because of modern background music. Just listen to this one on headphone with at least 50% volume I have tried it on Bluedio Victory, Seinheiser HD 820, SONY WX1000 some nostalgia.

One of the greatest song by Musarrat nazir:

If I have posted any of these earlier then please accept my apologies.

Last edited:
I think women look beautiful with nose rings!

I once saw a pic of the pre-1970s Bollywood actress Suraiya with a nose ring. She looked nice. Unable to find that pic so posting others :

article-201792654434717027000.jpg

69358.jpg

Back
Top Bottom