What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

I recommend some Indian Bollywood / Hindi / Urdu :

1. Harud, 2010. Made by a Kashmiri about the troubles, shot in the realistic style of Iranian films, even has an Iranian actor. This is the full film on YT.

2. Rocket Singh : Salesman of the Year, 2009. About the ruthlessness of the corporate world and inspiration to anyone who wants to start a small business. Good performance by Ranbir Kapoor and the rest of the cast.

3. Gulaal, 2009. Set in a Rajasthani town about student politics interspersed with the regional ambitions of a royalty. Available on YT here.

4. Haider, 2014. Again about the Kashmir troubles. OK and filmed in more conventional Bollywood style but not as good as Harud. Good performance by Shahid Kapoor.

5. Shanghai, 2012. Haven't watched it but from the Wikipedia page seems good.

6. 'Road, Movie', 2009. To me it seemed similar to the Soviet film Stalker. The Hindi film is available on YT here.

7. Mardaani 2, 2019. Rani Mukherjee playing a policewoman and tackling a young psycho.

8. Ek Hasina Thi, 2004. Saif Ali Khan playing a criminal. One of his best performances and I think the film which first portrayed him as a serious actor.

Thank you sir. You are an asset to PDF. I have added some of these to my 'Watch' list. If only there was more time available...
One of my dreams is to go on a World Cruise of 100+ days after downloading all the movies and books in a laptop and binge watch/read. You guys may not know this: I had spent a month cruising less than year ago. Almost never left the ship. Watched a lot of downloaded movies/shows.

This thread will help me with that grand plan!

You guys may not know this: I had spent a month cruising less than year ago. Almost never left the ship. Watched a lot of downloaded movies/shows.

Didn't the cruise management urge you to see the sights ?

Didn't the cruise management urge you to see the sights ?

Had seen most of them anyway in previous cruises. Did get off the ship once or twice.
Nothing is more enchanting to me then to sit on some top deck in a fast moving ship in open seas and marvel at the kaleidoscope offered by Mother Nature, the shades of sunset, the fragrance of salty air, and listening to good music. I had downloaded several songs and videos/movies to my phone and a small tablet.

I have watched it. I love movies from 1940s/50s/60s/70s ....Both Indian and Pakistanis. They were a class of there own.

Like we had Dev Anand in that time who was your chocolate hero?? can you recommend some Pak movies of that era so I can watch??

Like we had Dev Anand in that time who was your chocolate hero?? can you recommend some Pak movies of that era so I can watch??
Waheed Murad..... legend.......and then there is Muhammad Ali too.... then in later movies, Nadeem.
In Bollywood, I really liked Raj Kapoor and Shammi Kapoor. too many great actors on Indian side.

umm as for movies, Armaan, Doraha, Insaniyat, Heera aur Pathar, Andaleeb, Kaneez...a couple of others include dil meri dharkan teri and dever bhabhi.
Incidently, all three actors also starred in punjabi films.

@ps3linux @fitpOsitive @Meengla @Goenitz @vishwambhar @PDF

The song 'Khamaj' by the Pakistani band Fuzon shows how similar Indian and Pakistani films were in the 50s and 60s.
Call me biased, but I am always more inclined towards Pakistani art; music, songs and movies. They are deep....no...a better desciption i think will be that they are more involving. Indian art perhaps just accelerated too quickly in my personal opinion.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom