What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

I have heard some melodious singers in my life but recently I came across this song and I was shocked why such a melodious voice could get success in Pakistan. Its a sad story music in Indo/Pak has a serious relationship with film industry somehow best songs from film industry are from the 70's era. For Pakistan as soon as "Maula Jutt" succeeded the industry went to gutter for at-least 40 years. The music did continue outside film Industry and it was mainly due to cassettes, Radio and PTV.

@Mangus Ortus Novem , @jamahir , @Meengla , @fitpOsitive
Jinky pass boht hota hai, woh naqadray hotay hain.. Bs yei hamara hal hai.

Three songs I remembered today :

1. 'Tum agar bhool bhi jao' from the film Didi.

2. 'Tum apna ranj-o-gham' from the film Shagun. @Moonlight, you had liked this song.

3. 'Naghma-o-sher ki saughaat' from the film Ghazal.

---

@Zibago @RealNapster @Mentee @ps3linux @fitpOsitive @vishwambhar @TheGreatMaratha @Naofumi

Nice songs, very happy today just completed a huge deal for acquisition of 1,500 Vinyls, darned deal did cost me three quarters of a million but a great collection from 40s to 80s English, Indian and Pakistani. Will take me years to sort them out but something I could leave for my next generation as a valuable addition to our antiques collection.

Here is something for today:

please do tag @Meengla as well, a gentleman with exquisite taste for classical music.

very happy today just completed a huge deal for acquisition of 1,500 Vinyls, darned deal did cost me three quarters of a million but a great collection from 40s to 80s English, Indian and Pakistani.

Wow ! Where did you source them from ?

@KAL-EL is another person with penchant for Vinyls.

Will take me years to sort them out

Of course.

but something I could leave for my next generation as a valuable addition to our antiques collection.

A nice thing indeed.

Here is something for today:

A fine song. Every way. Some years ago someone had tagged me for this song. It had the singer I think singing for a TV program.

The YouTube thumbnails for your song had this version by Ali Zafar for Coke Studio. Very thankfully it had English subtitles for some of the Urdu words I couldn't understand. This Ali Zafar version was good in parts and overall seemed to have an Arabic theme.`

please do tag @Meengla as well, a gentleman with exquisite taste for classical music.

Will do. :tup:

Wow ! Where did you source them from ?

Part of family obsession with antiques, two people working from me, their job is to be on the look out for antiques. One of them came across the listing for sale of large collection of vinyls, they negotiated initially and then I took over. Made the payment today and the vinyls are on the way to my house.

We have this baby with receipt in the family collection "1935 Zenith 1000 Z Stratosphere radio"

A fine song. Every way. Some years ago someone had tagged me for this song. It had the singer I think singing for a TV program.

The YouTube thumbnails for your song had this version by Ali Zafar for Coke Studio. Very thankfully it had English subtitles for some of the Urdu words I couldn't understand. This Ali Zafar version was good in parts and overall seemed to have an Arabic theme.`

An excellent singer of the 60s and probably earlier Saleem Raza. Ali Zafar is Ok but he is definitely not in the same league as Saleem Raza.

BTW: I am considering starting my own channel on youtube, not the kids stuff but with proper titles, subtitles with the sole purpose of preserving great music. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Last edited:
BTW: I am considering starting my own channel on youtube, not the kids stuff but with proper titles, subtitles with the sole purpose of preserving great music. Thoughts?

You should. Especially if you find a way to bring your vinyl collection to YT. Since you seem to be affluent you can consider employing a jockey. Or perhaps do it yourself.

Last edited:
One of the Google results says that one of this model sold for 72,000 dollars. Why is it so expensive ?

It's a work of art and very few were made I think something like 400 and only 50 are known to exist, I'll share picture of a gun equally rare.

Right now fiddling with a headphone amp design and the capabilities I want in it, bluetooth/wiresless/wired and selection of Op AMPs LME49720HA / OPA627/ HDAM99999SQ / V5iD / MUSE03/04

You should. Especially if you find a way to bring your vinyl collection to YT. Since you seem to be affluent you can consider employing a jockey. Or perhaps do it yourself.

Negotiating with few people to setup my channel, the initial grunt work once it is setup I will be able to manage it myself.

Last edited:
Right now fiddling with a headphone amp design and the capabilities I want in it, bluetooth/wiresless/wired and selection of Op AMPs LME49720HA / OPA627/ HDAM99999SQ / V5iD / MUSE03/04

Though I didn't understand the difference between the Op AMP numbers ( :D ) there is this thread by @denel that I think refers to the same thing.

@jamahir , @Meengla

Something for today:

sung by a Pakistani Christian:

1. Reminds me of 'Yaar baadshah yaar dilruba' from the film CID 909. The initial part is silly but goes good when Helen makes entry. I like the tharki look that Feroz Khan gives at 3:28 mins. :D

2. 'Roz roz aankhon tale' from the film Jeeva.

a. The original. The pretty Mandakini.

b. By Akriti Kakkar. Modern music. ps3linux this has been picturized in the same way that the Neeti Mohan version of 'Nainowale ne' has.​

3. 'Mera kuch samaan' from the film Ijaazat. NSFW.

and a legendary singer:

I have never been in a live singing program. Someday must.

---

@Mentee @Naofumi @vishwambhar @TheGreatMaratha @fitpOsitive @Meengla

1. Reminds me of 'Yaar baadshah yaar dilruba' from the film CID 909. The initial part is silly but goes good when Helen makes entry. I like the tharki look that Feroz Khan gives at 3:28 mins. :D

2. 'Roz roz aankhon tale' from the film Jeeva.

a. The original. The pretty Mandakini.

b. By Akriti Kakkar. Modern music. ps3linux this has been picturized in the same way that the Neeti Mohan version of 'Nainowale ne' has.​

3. 'Mera kuch samaan' from the film Ijaazat. NSFW.

I have never been in a live singing program. Someday must.

---

@Mentee @Naofumi @vishwambhar @TheGreatMaratha @fitpOsitive @Meengla

Helen was one hell of a dancer and the song does remind me of many other, you ll note if you see Pakistani or indian movies/songs of 60 they were pretty west influenced.

Nice song, and salty heroin, cause of my second phantee by grandad when I was caught watching Ram Teri Ganga Maila Ho gayee on VCR.;) First was due to a song but that's is a very funny one and some other day.

You seem to have taken a shine to Akriti, but yes she has a nice voice although she cant raise the notes like Asha, lata but for soft songs she is good and good looking.

Most of Asha's songs are just too good.

Soft but very nice song AR Rehman a musical genius:

Back
Top Bottom