What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

1. 'Panchi nadiya pavan ke jhonke' from the film Refugee. Quite a communist song.

2. 'Phul gendwa na maaro' from the film Dhooj Ka Chand :

a. The original.

b. Nishtha Sharma singing in The Voice India Kids 2016.​

3. 'Aaj jaane ki zidd na karo' :

a. By Avanti Patel. Good music accompaniment.

b. By Renu Nagar in her audition round in Indian Idol Season 10 2018.

c. By Shafqat Amanat Ali Khan in the Dhaka International FolkFest 2018. Nice interaction with the audience. But some of them spoiled their own experience by taking selfies. Nice short singing by the woman in yellow sari.​

---

@Naofumi @Zibago @RealNapster @Mentee @ps3linux @fitpOsitive @vishwambhar @TheGreatMaratha @Joe Shearer @Bilal9 @BDforever @Moonlight

Nice ones, although I have my views on 3(c) but today's treat:

and

last one

Edit: and the song I found better than the original:

I looked at his year of passing away and the birth year of his son, Shafqat. I didn't realize that Shafqat was in his 50s.

Khaq main kia soratain hongi keh pinhan hogaeen.

Patiala family of musicians have a long association with my family, thanks to the fact that my grand mother hailed from the royal family (the Muslim side). In almost all family functions (even the darned circumcisions) they were invited to perform along Farida Khanum. I was too young at that time, but what I remember is that she told me Farida Khanum too came from one of the Patiala family of performers.

Their newer generation too is exciting to listen to, best of them were Asad Amanat Ali and Asif Hassan Mehdi. In the third gen (post partition) the Raga Boyz, what I like about singers coming from these families is that many of them may not even have the voice but they certainly are trained to control the notes. One particular example is Noor Jehan she never had the voice like Mala Begum, Lata or Mehnaz but her control of notes is just exceptional.

The singers who come from bathroom singers to main stream outside these families, they do sing with modern equipment but their control of notes is at best poor, most of them loose it when they try to pick up notes.

Noor Jehan was a great singer but she was also a manipulating a**hole as well, she destroyed careers of many up and coming great female singers including her own daughter, Zille Huma she had such a melodious voice.
Here are two songs by her:

and

BTW: you guys should check out "Jashn-e-Rekhta" on you tube.

Last edited:
Noor Jehan was a great singer but she was also a manipulating a**hole as well, she destroyed careers of many up and coming great female singers including her own daughter

That was said about Lata Mangeshkar as well.

Zille Huma she had such a melodious voice.
Here are two songs by her:

Nice voice and effortless singing.

That was said about Lata Mangeshkar as well.

I have heard some melodious singers in my life but recently I came across this song and I was shocked why such a melodious voice could'nt get success in Pakistan. Its a sad story music in Indo/Pak has a serious relationship with film industry somehow best songs from film industry are from the 70's era. For Pakistan as soon as "Maula Jutt" succeeded the industry went to gutter for at-least 40 years. The music did continue outside film Industry and it was mainly due to cassettes, Radio and PTV.

@Mangus Ortus Novem , @jamahir , @Meengla , @fitpOsitive

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom