What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Grace did it better then the original imo

Lesley Gore was a great singer in her own right.....but sometimes everythign just clicks in a cover. But the later singer does have the benefit of hindsight etc on how it might sound even better. So thats why I always give major props to the original always.

Sometimes a great original is exceeded, and its hard to believe given then calibre of the original, and it makes you realise just how phenomenal the world of music is:

@jbgt90

Lesley Gore was a great singer in her own right.....but sometimes everythign just clicks in a cover. But the later singer does have the benefit of hindsight etc on how it might sound even better. So thats why I always give major props to the original always.

Sometimes a great original is exceeded, and its hard to believe given then calibre of the original, and it makes you realise just how phenomenal the world of music is:

@jbgt90
Absolutely agree.Kudos

Excellent songs.

@Nilgiri

Excellent performance. Going to download it.

Thank you brother, I will watch it fully later. Watched the first 10 minutes and you are right, this rendition is quite sublime and high quality.

All 5 of mozarts violin concertos are such works of art. I just love how he lets the violin float above everything else and then interweaves it so effortlessly with the accompaniment. If you forced me to pick one, it would be concerto 3 or 2 (by a small whisker over the rest)....they just sit so perfectly on my ear.

My favourite violin concerto of all time (surpassing Mendelsohn, Brahms, Sibelius and other worthies) however has to be Beethovens D major (performed here by the lovely Steinbacher and an equally lovely Stradivarius of 1716):

BTW, out of interest have you watched the movie Amadeus with Tom Hulce?

@django @Joe Shearer @PARIKRAMA
@BDforever @Vergennes

Last edited:
Thank you brother, I will watch it fully later. Watched the first 10 minutes and you are right, this rendition is quite sublime and high quality.

All 5 of mozarts violin concertos are such works of art. I just love how he lets the violin float above everything else and then interweaves it so effortlessly with the accompaniment. If you forced me to pick one, it would concerto 3 or 2 (by a small whisker over the rest)....they just sit so perfectly on my ear.

My favourite violin concerto of all time (surpassing Mendelsohn, Brahms, Sibelius and other worthies) however has to be Beethovens D major (performed by the lovely Steinbacher and an equally lovely Stradivarius of 1716):

@django @Joe Shearer
No I have not seen the movie though on occasion I do listen to mozart or beethoven after a long and tiring day, they say it is good for mental clarity, I agree.kudos

All 5 of mozarts violin concertos are such works of art. I just love how he lets the violin float above everything else and then interweaves it so effortlessly with the accompaniment. If you forced me to pick one, it would be concerto 3 or 2 (by a small whisker over the rest)....they just sit so perfectly on my ear.

My favourite violin concerto of all time (surpassing Mendelsohn, Brahms, Sibelius and other worthies) however has to be Beethovens D major (performed here by the lovely Steinbacher and an equally lovely Stradivarius of 1716):

@django @Joe Shearer @PARIKRAMA
@BDforever @Vergennes
Of course. Mine is VC-3 too. It's often a part of my morning tea ritual. From Bach it would be double concerto (love the 2nd movement) and BWV 1042.

Listened to that one yesterday. :)

I haven't. Should I?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom