What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

So you're a movie buff. I'm more into tv shows. Have been watching Band of Brothers for the past week.

Seems like Bach and Hahn have definitely shared my feelings at some point. Makes you wonder if it was indeed after all for the glory of God. :P

Post it. I would love to hear it. Some pieces in that movie really made me think. :D

Band of Brothers is one of the all time best for sure. Yes I'm a bit of a movie buff (but only good movies....honest!)

Post it?!?!? I thought you hate the piano :P

Here it is anyway:

Band of Brothers is one of the all time best for sure. Yes I'm a bit of a movie buff (but only good movies....honest!)

Post it?!?!? I thought you hate the piano :P

Here it is anyway:

The real blasphemy would've been to reply without finishing listening to the Hahn recording. :D

But he skipped the 2nd movement altogether? At fist I thought that I had lost him. Its not bad yaar.

For an old soul like me piano represents a world devoid of magic and fairy tale. But that's not to say that I don't enjoy it.

The real blasphemy would've been to reply without finishing listening to the Hahn recording. :D

But he skipped the 2nd movement altogether? At fist I thought that I had lost him. Its not bad yaar.

For an old soul like me piano represents a world devoid of magic and fairy tale. But that's not to say that I don't enjoy it.

Yes I did say parts were transcribed hehe..

I doubt the 2nd movement would sound any good on piano anyway. Its really pretty violin specific :P

Yes I did say parts were transcribed hehe..

I doubt the 2nd movement would sound any good on piano anyway. Its really pretty violin specific :P
Touche. I don't know whether to call you brother or Sir. No idea about your age. Kahin kisi din ghustakhi na ho jai.

Touche. I don't know whether to call you brother or Sir. No idea about your age. Kahin kisi din ghustakhi na ho jai.

I'm 30 years young :P neither here nor there I guess hehe. People say I am somewhat mature in tastes....but I still feel like im early 20 something (I live in denial hehe).

Yes of course known to me (almost everything he has done really....since one can say he is probably the greatest violin player in recent history and quite possibly all time)...his rendition of Mendelssohn's concerto (on vinyl) is one of my most prized possessions.

I play it only on the most special of occasions :D...it holds a special place in all his music....it was his debut at 7 years old after all :)

I play that third movement every chance I get. Never fails to get out the goosepimples. Extraordinary.

I have heard some of other pieces (Hahn)....but not this one....listening to it right now and so far quite sublime I have to say.

Glad you enjoyed the movie....it has that all important humour inserted into it hehe.

In real life Salieri shared no such disdain for Mozart....being a humble yet capable composer in his own right...who stood in sheer awe at Mozart in only a positive way really. He actually helped Mozart's widow and child financially after Mozart untimely passed at a young age I believe.

"Immortal beloved" (about Beethoven....portrayed by Gary Oldman) is a much more "close-to-truth" movie....and worth a watch too when you have some time. But much like Beethoven himself I suppose...it is much more sombre and lacks the humour of "Amadeus". But also quite a good movie!

But Amadeus to me is my personal preference of the two.

...and the 2nd movement hits its stride just now....I see what you mean about the 2nd movement by Hahn, theres some definite tugging lingering emotion there....there was a movie with this piece in the background, but the name escapes me.

I know Rachmaninoff transcribed (and played) parts of it for the piano, but thats probably heresy for you hehe.

Immortal beloved's most famous scene:

If you can, get hold of and read the Heilgenstadt Testament sometime. It brought the tears to my eyes. I cannot help associating it always with the vision of the deaf maestro facing the orchestra, and thinking that his 9th had failed, as he saw them slumped at their seats, until someone gently took hold of him and turned him around to see the audience in hysterical acclamation.

I'm 30 years young :P neither here nor there I guess hehe. People say I am somewhat mature in tastes....but I still feel like im early 20 something (I live in denial hehe).

That would be me. :D
:cheers:

You gentlemen do understand that your combined age is not... oh, forget it.

For an old soul like me piano represents a world devoid of magic and fairy tale.
But that's not to say that I don't enjoy it.

!!!!!

Have you never heard Martha Argerich, then?

If you can, get hold of and read the Heilgenstadt Testament sometime. It brought the tears to my eyes. I cannot help associating it always with the vision of the deaf maestro facing the orchestra, and thinking that his 9th had failed, as he saw them slumped at their seats, until someone gently took hold of him and turned him around to see the audience in hysterical acclamation.

Already done my good sir. It was a fascinating read definitely.

Back
Top Bottom