What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Definitely one of my favourite instrumentals out there for sure. Can just visualise riding horseback in a long desert canyon while listening without much effort at all. Kudos for posting.

Another one of my favourites:

Dick dale is/was quite a legend!

And he's a tough fighter in real life too:

http://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsbu...le-plays-through-the-pain/Content?oid=1843341
nice share, bro i too can visualise driving a jeep through the desert with a cigar dangling from my mouth with either of these tunes pumping from the speakers.kudos brother. and excellent share

nice share, bro i too can visualise driving a jeep through the desert with a cigar dangling from my mouth with either of these tunes pumping from the speakers.kudos brother. and excellent share

You ever watch the movie pulp fiction where they used this in the soundtrack?

You ever watch the movie pulp fiction where they used this in the soundtrack?
Indeed I have, in the end when Jackson patronises tim roth, thats when the track is used, indeed reservoir dogs and pulp fiction where two masterpieces of Tarantino whose every film is most watchable ie jackie brown with pam grier and robert forster who was excellent in the movie as max cherry.Kudos

Indeed I have, in the end when Jackson patronises tim roth, thats when the track is used, indeed reservoir dogs and pulp fiction where two masterpieces of Tarantino whose every film is most watchable ie jackie brown with pam grier and robert forster who was excellent in the movie as max cherry.Kudos

Yeah I put you down as a classy guy that probably likes Tarantino stuff....but you never know....I got friends who cant stand his stuff.

He's a bit like Stanley Kubrick mixed with Sergio Leone....damn good unique stuff.

Yeah I put you down as a classy guy that probably likes Tarantino stuff....but you never know....I got friends who cant stand his stuff.

He's a bit like Stanley Kubrick mixed with Sergio Leone....damn good unique stuff.
I love all of Leone work, "the man with no name" who can beat that, the good the bad and the ugly, now that is what you call a movie, also once upon a time in america is a terrific movie, the way leone can make things others would find boring feel so interesting and emotional, an example
I also love the work by peckinpah especially the cross of iron about the brutality of war on the eastern front, the films captures it in a way no other does, hence my favourite war movie.kudos

I also love the work by peckinpah especially the cross of iron about the brutality of war on the eastern front, the films captures it in a way no other does, hence my favourite war movie.kudos

Its a very underrated movie for sure. Probably the only one that choreographed actual T-34s quite brilliantly. Wont see a movie like that ever again (can only CGI etc now)....no one has access to those kind of veteran tanks in working order anymore.

All quiet on the western front and das boot are my all time favourite war movies...they weren't shy in making it as real as possible. I appreciate that a lot especially when it can still hold a great, enthralling story within it.

Oh you ever watch the german movie Stalingrad? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108211/

Another underrated one, it had a similar feel to cross if iron, except it was more in an urban environment.

I think @Desert Fox and @The Sandman would have some opinions to share on all these.

Last edited:
The battle of the T-34s was a brutal one, it forced steiner and his men to abandon their positions and venture deep into russian territory where they encounter some natashas enough said about that scene lol.
Das boot starring Jurgen Prochnow is a long one, i watched it over 2 days, and was a fantastic movie indeed, the ending summed up the war for Germans. And yes i have seen the stalingrad movie quite a few years back, a decent movie no question about it and it did have a similar feel to peckinpahs movie though more urban as you rightly stated.Kudos

Nope! Gould with his piano can never do justice to the intricate exquisiteness of a certain someone that I see mirrored in Goldberg Variations when played with the right instrument. :P

#PianoSucks

@Joe Shearer @Nilgiri

Back
Top Bottom