What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

such energy sustained for so long... admirable.

sadly, i have never sat in such a live performance.

though god is not prominent for me, sitting in performance of these musics will certainly disconnect us from our immediate concerns and connect us with nature, if that is the word.

I always wanted to listen him live once in my life. Sadly, this will never happen.

This music is totally breathtaking and peaceful. Spiritual feelings it give.

I have to disagree with you @Ammara Chaudhry she has a very sweet voice and dare i say look. If one was not looking at the singer you would assume it is a mid western US female country singer.

Well I did not comment on her sinning. She does have a nice vocal quality. I don't like her copying the western singers. One should look wether it will suit or not before copying. Especially, when changing your whole personality to look alike.

@911 , songs in my above song list of your choice ( post# 6047 )??
I can tell you those songs are not my taste at all :undecided:. I particularly listen to 2005+ songs, unless they are incredibly good songs like Dil Se title track or Kishor Kumar songs :-).

And just don't like English songs except legendary MJ. Or few randoms.

I

Well I did not comment on her sinning. She does have a nice vocal quality. I don't like her copying the western singers. One should look wether it will suit or not before copying. Especially, when changing your whole personality to look alike.
Whether one likes it or not I am sure you will join me in agreeing that she can pull it off, as for Mubashir I am shocked, the guy truly is a jack of all spades.kudos

I can tell you those songs are not my taste at all :undecided:.

eh, which ones??

well, song not interesting for me, but the heroine, anjana sukhani, appears in another song i like - "babuji dheere chalna" from the film "salaam e ishq" :

Babuji Dheere Chalna - Salaam-E-Ishq (2007) *HD* *BluRay* Music Videos - YouTube

this song is more a visual song than something to hear.

And just don't like English songs except legendary MJ. Or few randoms.

i too don't usually listen to english songs ( the lyrics are too fast for me on most of them :lol: ), though there one slow one i like is "strangers in the night" and another is "hotel california".

one particularly beautiful song is "desert rose" :

Sting - Desert Rose - YouTube

that vid has 68+ millions views !!

and one version of it has aishwarya rai clips copied to the song :

"Desert Rose" by Sting featuring Aishwarya Rai - YouTube

and going by the comments on that vid, desis have global competition in getting her attention... and one comment is so clever "cheb mami is singing rai" - the arabic singer is cheb mami who sings in the rai style of algerian music and of course on the screen is a rai.

Last edited:
Whether one likes it or not I am sure you will join me in agreeing that she can pull it off, as for Mubashir I am shocked, the guy truly is a jack of all spades.kudos

Yep she did. And yeah Mubashir Luqman surprised me as well. That guy is one in all. He even walked on ramp for some designers. :p

wow, those turns he takes !!

the refrain "ali maula" i recall being used in a song composed by salim merchant and sulaiman merchant and i heard it during "indian idol junior - 2015".

but the dhol itself i am not much a fan of when used by itself - too noisy for me. :)

1. but when used as a background instrument it works quite well, like in the below famous song "chapa chapa charkha chale" from the film "maachis" :

i must admit to not understanding some of the punjabi lyrics. :D

2. and in the youtube playlist for the above song was this great song - "ramta jogi" from the film "taal" :

when the song's singer, sukhwinder singh, was a guest on "indian idol junior - 2015" he had explained the background of the song that i vaguely remember - a punjabi folk tale about a unrequited love story, i think.

3. and in the yt playlist was a song from the film "dil se", and one of my favorite songs is from that film - "satrangi re" :

the song is full of derveshi energy and shahrukh and manisha are brilliant in it... the song goes on and on.

---

@Levina @Zibago @django @BDforever @Ammara Chaudhry

@IrbiS

@Mr.Meap ( songs 2 and 3 are anything but slow, especially 3 )

sir ap ko sunnay k leay aik cheez di thi ap nay to diagnose kr k rkh dea:mad:

and as far as bollywood is concerned they just take things for granted , having no idea what kind of emotions any lyrics contain---- .they just try to be trendy. as you have mentioned your bollywood experience about ALI MOLA , the point being made is it is not a taboo here in Pak and in many ajami sunni countries,as potrayed by bollywood.......

they just pick up ideas as they think are suitable to push forward its political agenda. and this very trend forwarded by bollywood is based on its newly found love for shia muslims---the crux of the matter is to get some symapthy from shias against sunnis. they have failed miserably to comprehend the fact that more than 70% of Qaseedas on Mola Ali are written and sang by none other than sunni poets and singers:cheesy: for example, nusrat, alam lohar, noor jehan, abrar ul haq ...........and almost 60% of those masterpieces here in this part of the world are in punjabi ---- these Qaseedas when presented in punjabi language, they just create an irresistable heavenly spell :enjoy:
@haman10 @Daneshmand @yavar

@Levina , my prev post, last bit.
Oh! I didn't know desert rose song featured Aishwarya rai. Did you watch cold play's new song featuring Sonam Kapoor? She was there for just 3 secs. :P
wow, those turns he takes !!

the refrain "ali maula" i recall being used in a song composed by salim merchant and sulaiman merchant and i heard it during "indian idol junior - 2015".

but the dhol itself i am not much a fan of when used by itself - too noisy for me. :)

1. but when used as a background instrument it works quite well, like in the below famous song "chapa chapa charkha chale" from the film "maachis" :

Chapa Chapa Charkha Chale - Hariharan & Suresh Wadkar - Vishal Bhardwaj Songs - YouTube

i must admit to not understanding some of the punjabi lyrics. :D

2. and in the youtube playlist for the above song was this great song - "ramta jogi" from the film "taal" :

Ramta Jogi - Taal - Best of A.R. Rehman - Sukhwinder Singh & Alka Yagnik's Best Duet - YouTube

when the song's singer, sukhwinder singh, was a guest on "indian idol junior - 2015" he had explained the background of the song that i vaguely remember - a punjabi folk tale about a unrequited love story, i think.

3. and in the yt playlist was a song from the film "dil se", and one of my favorite songs is from that film - "satrangi re" :

Satrangi Re - Dil Se (1998) Sonu Nigam [HD] - YouTube

the song is full of derveshi energy and shahrukh and manisha are brilliant in it... the song goes on and on.

---

@Levina @Zibago @django @BDforever @Ammara Chaudhry

@IrbiS

@Mr.Meap ( songs 2 and 3 are anything but slow, especially 3 )
I like chappa- chappa charkha chale and satrangi re. Taal movie wasn't one of my fav, nor did I like its songs. Don't know why.

now try this new song....

Dance routine day here. It ended with searches and this pearl from the immense master
that we recently lost. For good measure, he's got Eric Clapton doing support guitar, not so
shabby. 2010, nearing the end and still as involved with his songs as a beginner would be!

The king of Blues Boys :

Enjoy, Tay.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom