What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

all that talk of telugu films reminded me of this tamil song, "malaye malaye" ( o rain, o rain ), from the film "eeram"... i don't know tamil language but i find this song beautiful, in music and singing, in the natural depiction of the romance, and of course the beautiful mallu heroine ( sindhu menon )... turn on the volume and enjoy...

the full context of the song...

-------
@levina @WAJsal @BDforever @Nihonjin1051 @IrbiS @Color_Less_Sky

@jbgt90
@jamahir , you should know that i hate old songs , especially Indian . Hate 'em , hate ' em . Unless of course it's qawali by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan . Bottom line i like songs with deep meaning .

I loved the rhythm of this song. Never mind the lyrics. Hehe.
Reminds me of an old Bryan Adam song with similar lyrics.
Btw Niho I dint get any notification for this tag. :(

all that talk of telugu films reminded me of this tamil song, "malaye malaye" ( o rain, o rain ), from the film "eeram"... i don't know tamil language but i find this song beautiful, in music and singing, in the natural depiction of the romance, and of course the beautiful mallu heroine ( sindhu menon )... turn on the volume and enjoy...

the full context of the song...

-------
@levina @WAJsal @BDforever @Nihonjin1051 @IrbiS @Color_Less_Sky

@jbgt90
This is the first time I am listening to that song.
Infact I don't try too many Tamil songs as I don't understand the language much. But there 're few songs which I love like this one...I absolutely love this song!
The lyrics (from whatever lil I can understand) and Bhumika Chawla 're the USP of this song.

This is the first time I am listening to that song.

i would say it is one of few rain songs that work.

I absolutely love this song!
The lyrics (from whatever lil I can understand) and Bhumika Chawla 're the USP of this song.

nice song... the string section ( santoor?? ) is so beautiful and sung well... and it reminds me that there are not many solo female songs in indian cinema.

yes, bhumika is so lively in the song.

and the string section reminds me of a old hindi song that has strings in the beginning... sung by rafi, i think... i can't recollect which one but i will post when i remember.

also, remembered this song "it is a man's world" from west africa, sung by sekouba bambino... the string instrument is the exquisite kora... that is my description of the instrument, exquisite...

@jamahir , you should know that i hate old songs , especially Indian . Hate 'em , hate ' em . Unless of course it's qawali by Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan . Bottom line i like songs with deep meaning .

Well said. I love NFK. I also like Arieb Azhar and of course I was big fan of Vital Signs once upon a time when I was young. I have a eclectic mix.

Last edited:
i would say it is one of few rain songs that work.

nice song... the string section ( santoor?? ) is so beautiful and sung well... and it reminds me that there are not many solo female songs in indian cinema.

yes, bhumika is so lively in the song.

and the string section reminds me of a old hindi song that has strings in the beginning... sung by rafi, i think... i can't recollect which one but i will post when i remember.

also, remembered this song "it is a man's world" from west africa, sung by sekouba bambino... the string instrument is the exquisite kora... that is my description of the instrument, exquisite...

Wow!!!
That was good. Isnt music the biggest common denominator that brings together people of all hues?? Music transcends all boundaries!
I listen to all kinds of music. China se Lekar American tak. Lolzz

I 've always liked bits and parts of African music that I get to hear in Hindi songs, for example Dil Chahta hai- Jaane kyun log song (the scene where the actors 're in helicopter).Remember?

Isnt music the biggest common denominator that brings together people of all hues?? Music transcends all boundaries!

it a true agent of uniting disparate peoples, even if for moments. :)

I listen to all kinds of music. China se Lekar American tak. Lolzz

and myself, azerbaijan se lekar zanzibar tak. :D

for example Dil Chahta hai- Jaane kyun log song (the scene where the actors 're in helicopter).Remember?

i didn't actually, so i watched the song now... that part is i think the southern african zulu type chanting... do you remember the scene from "lion king" when simba is held up by his father on the cliff edge and in background is a chant... the "jaane kyun..." bit is like that.

you have good memory, by the way, to remember that song well.

Well said. I love NFK. I also like Arieb Azhar and of course I was big fan of Vital Signs once upon a time when I was young. I have a eclectic mix.

Yes , i love Dil Dil Pakistan , it's quite a song . Very popular , reinvigorates every 14th of August .
Bhai please don't post Youtube links , with proxy it will take a lot of time . And i don't have much time .

Back
Top Bottom