What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Listning to Mary jane.

P.S.Only to be when enjoying a certain condition or you wont be able to geuss who mary jane is. ;-)

@Shamain

listened to "jugni" by arif lohar and meesha shafi... did it now, had a headache yesterday, so made only two posts yesterday.

Jugni is an age-old narrative device used in Punjabi folk music and sung at Punjabi weddings in India, Pakistan, US, Canada, Australia and UK. The word literally means 'Female Firefly', in folk music it stands in for the poet-writer who uses Jugni as an innocent observer to make incisive, often humorous, sometimes sad but always touching observations. In spiritual poetry Jugni means the spirit of life, or essence of life. The late Legendary Alam Lohar (Punjab, Pakistan) and late Singer & Humorist Asa Singh Mastana (Punjab, India) are credited with popularizing this poetry from early Sufi spiritual writings and then subsequently later on it was transformed by other singers as a female girl just like prefixes like Preeto.

Much of early Jugni writing is spiritual in nature and relates to one's understanding of the world and one's relationship with God. Many poet philosophers have used the Jugni device, which is in the public domain, to make social, political or philosophical, often mildly subversive, commentary. Jugni is cross religious and depending on the writer, invokes the name of God (often using the word "Saeen", the vernacular word for Lord), Ali or the Gurus. A kernel of truth is an essential and integral part of every Jugni composition.

Alam Lohar (Urdu: محمد عالم لوہار‎, Punjabi: ਆਲਮ ਲੋਹਾਰ; 1928 – 3 July 1979) was a prominent Punjabi folk music from the Punjab region of Pakistan, formerly British India. He is credited with popularising the musical term Jugni.

it is alam lohar's son, arif lohar, who is one of the singers of the below...

i wish i could understand punjabi... the song has a subtle passion of spiritual nature which is not entirely understood by a non-punjabi-understander but despite this, jugni has a energy that is universal...

this is a short version by pardeep sran, singing in "india's raw star" which ran last year...

below is "heer" sung by comedian kapil sharma... there is background noise but he sings finely and i like the music... some of the punjabi folk songs are so beautiful...

below is a short song by kapil and another singer... a small jam... beautiful...

below is a longer version of "heer" by kapil... it is equally nice...

@levina @IrbiS

@Nihonjin1051 do you know of these??

@BDforever ^^^

@Shamain

listened to "jugni" by arif lohar and meesha shafi... did it now, had a headache yesterday, so made only two posts yesterday.

i wish i could understand punjabi... the song has a subtle passion of spiritual nature which is not entirely understood by a non-punjabi-understander but despite this, jugni has a energy that is universal...

this is a short version by pardeep sran, singing in "india's raw star" which ran last year...

below is "heer" sung by comedian kapil sharma... there is background noise but he sings finely and i like the music... some of the punjabi folk songs are so beautiful...

below is a short song by kapil and another singer... a small jam... beautiful...

@levina @IrbiS

@BDforever ^^^

Right now in a training... Will listen to the songs later.
I saw you mentioning that Kapil's a fine singer. I'm not surprised really!
Most of the mimicry artists can modulate their voice well and this quality helps them while singing too. I've heard them singing in false voices too.

@Shamain

@levina @IrbiS

@BDforever ^^^
I dont know who kapil sharma is and i dont like indian comedians they do very low jokes. As of jugni yes its great song.

@Shamain

@levina @IrbiS

@BDforever ^^^

Oh!!
I just spotted Jugnii!!!
It's one of my fav songs(even the one adapted to Cocktail movie)..... I love it! :)

I dont know who kapil sharma is

he is host of the tv show "comedy nights with kapil".

and i dont like indian comedians they do very low jokes.

not fair... i don't like umer sharif either... he is very moralistic and very insulting towards ladies.

even the one adapted to Cocktail movie

i will say just this ( until you finish your training )... i haven't heard the cocktail version... i will do so now.

i will say just this ( until you finish your training )... i haven't heard the cocktail version... i will do so now.
The break finishes after 15mins.
Till then let me torture you.... :devil:
Remember this song???? BLAST FROM THE PAST bwahahahaha

The break finishes after 15mins.
Till then let me torture you.... :devil:
Remember this song???? BLAST FROM THE PAST bwahahahaha

right... a topless man from the 90's. :lol:

i will start the song now, but i remember there was a pretty lady in the song... let me check if my friend and me were right then about her prettiness.

@levina

ooh... can't tolerate the song... stopped at 1:26 mins.

right... a topless man from the 90's. :lol:

i will start the song now, but i remember there was a pretty lady in the song... let me check if my friend and me were right then about her prettiness.

@levina

ooh... can't tolerate the song... stopped at 1:26 mins.
Oye cartoooon!
This song was supposed to be very famous in 90's.

s.
Not exactly pretty!
But she has a great figure...or so I think. :)

at that time i didn't understand what the fuss was about that song... i suppose it was like the "kolaveri di" song... people liked it because 50 others liked it.
Kolaveri was catchyyy and so was mysterious girl.

No way!!
She gets a 10/10 in that field., atleast i think so.

Kolaveri was catchyyy and so was mysterious girl.

6a00d83451c36069e201a73d80cace970d-pi

how many times can one listen to "kolaveri di" without falling asleep??

No way!!
She gets a 10/10 in that field., atleast i think so.

huma, sonakshi and co.

Back
Top Bottom