What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

professor madan gopal singing this sufi song, "heer ranjha"... even though i don't understand most of the punjabi wording of this song, the beauty of the singing and the music accompaniment takes me away...

@Shamain ( sorry, can you access yt?? )

@levina @hinduguy

@Nihonjin1051
Never heard Prof. Madan Gopal before this. :)

Right now there's a song from the movie Fukhrey thats playing inside my head (its one of my fav). Most of the songs in Fukhrey 're good. Btw ambarsariya means a guy from Amritsar. :)

There's another song thats playing on a repeat mode.

Never heard Prof. Madan Gopal before this. :)

madan gopal singh i first listened to on doordarshan many years back... he was performing in a open-air cultural event... it was nice to hear something in punjabi other than bhangra and secondly, though i couldn't understand the punjabi of the song, the atmosphere there and his singing made me quietly listen.

but it is only recently i have googled for his songs. :)

one of the comments in that yt vid says for a time-point in the vid, "his voice touched god".

Right now there's a song from the movie Fukhrey thats playing inside my head (its one of my fav). Most of the songs in Fukhrey 're good. Btw ambarsariya means a guy from Amritsar. :)

i got to know the meaning of ambarsariya in 2013 from this site ( Ambarsariya/ Ambersariya Lyrics Translation Meaning Fukrey )... and one lady in the comment section translated the song in a good not-to-literal a way... and you will see my comment too, heh heh... i like the song...
Precious Girl said...
Gali Mein Maare Phere
He wanders up and down the alley
Paas Aane Ko Mere
Trying to come closer
Gali Mein Maare Phere
Paas Aane Ko Mere

Kabhi Parakhta Nain Mere Tu
Sometimes you look at my eyes
Kabhi Parakhta Tor
Sometimes you look at the way I walk
Kabhi Parakhta Nain Mere Tu
Kabhi Parakhta Tor

Ambarsariya Mundave Kachiya
Kaliyaan Na Tod
Ambersariya(boy from city of Amristar), don't pick flowers yet to bloosom
Teri Maan Ne Bole Hain Mujhe
Teekhe Se Bol,Ambarsariya..
Your mum's spoken harshly of us, Ambarsariya
Ho Ambarsariya..

Main Kaliyon Ke Jaisi
Just like those flowers yet to blossom
Meri Alhad Umar Niyadi
I am still young
Chhoti Si Yeh Jaan Meri
Aur Joban Behta Paani
My life's small,but the waters of adulthood show themselves

Jab Se Chadhi Jawaani
Ever since I became more mature,
Dhoondhti Dil Da Haani
I've been searching for the man who would die for me
Main Anjani Ko Ye Pani
I cannot swim
Le Na Jaave Rod
Don't let this water sweep me away

Kaliyaan Na Tod
Teekhe Se Bol
Ambarsariya..
Ambarsariya..

Ho..O..Gori Gori Meri Kalai
Haaye..Ho Gori Gori Meri Kalai
On my fair-skinned wrist,
Choodiyaan Kaali Kaali
I wear these black bangles
Main Sharmati Roz Lagati
Kaajal Surma Laali
Shamefully, in front of the mirror, I shyly put surma(ceremonial dye) in my eyes

Nahin Main Surma Paada
No, I won't wear this surma
Dhoop Na Main Chamkaana
No, I won't shine my face
Nain Nasheele Ho Agar Toh
Surmaiti Ki Lod
When my eyes are already, intoxicating, what's the need for surma?

Kaliyaan Na Tod
Ambarsariya, don't pick flowers yet to blossom
Teekhe Se Bol
Your mum's spoke harshly of us
Ambersariya!
Ambarsariya..
Ho Ambarsariya..

August 27, 2013 at 8:55 PM

i like the singing and voice of this song's singer, sona mohapatra... very earthy voice... i like another of her song, "teri ishq nachaaya"... this vid isn't part of the song but melds into the song so well...

you know, the company i was in that year, had a lady who also had a voice similar to sona mohapatra and her accent was a north indian desi accent that suits ladies so well ( but fits rubbishly on males )... and this lady looked like the tv actress whose photu i posted yesterday in "whatever" thread... mihika verma... strange connections, eh??

yeh-hai-mohabbatein-mihika-verma-2.jpg

There's another song thats playing on a repeat mode.

you may find this funny but i don't understand many of the english song wordings when they are sung a bit more than gentle pace, and that takes away any effect the song had in most cases. :lol:

this happened with the song you posted, though some songs are slower paced like "strangers in the night" by frank sinatra ( the only one i know of him :lol: ).

a song i long wanted to understand is "desert rose"... i saw its vid for the first time today... beautifully composed music and sung well... i will open its lyrics and watch the song again...

by the way, sting has acted in a few films, two of which i have seen, "lock stock and two smoking barrels" and "dune".

Last edited:
madan gopal singh i first listened to on doordarshan many years back... he was performing in a open-air cultural event... it was nice to hear something in punjabi other than bhangra and secondly, though i couldn't understand the punjabi of the song, the atmosphere there and his singing made me quietly listen.

but it is only recently i have googled for his songs. :)

one of the comments in that yt vid says for a time-point in the vid, "his voice touched god".

i got to know the meaning of ambarsariya in 2013 from this site ( Ambarsariya/ Ambersariya Lyrics Translation Meaning Fukrey )... and one lady in the comment section translated the song in a good not-to-literal a way... and you will see my comment too, heh heh... i like the song...

i like the singing and voice of this song's singer, sona mohapatra... very earthy voice... i like another of her song, "teri ishq nachaaya"... this vid isn't part of the song but melds into the song so well...

you know, the company i was in that year, had a lady who also had a voice similar to sona mohapatra and her accent was a north indian desi accent that suits ladies so well ( but fits rubbishly on males )... and this lady looked like the tv actress whose photu i posted yesterday in "whatever" thread... mihika verma... strange connections, eh??

yeh-hai-mohabbatein-mihika-verma-2.jpg

you may find this funny but i don't understand many of the english song wordings when they are sung a bit more than gentle pace, and that takes away any effect the song had in most cases. :lol:

this happened with the song you posted, though some songs are slower paced like "strangers in the night" by frank sinatra ( the only one i know of him :lol: ).

a song i long wanted to understand is "desert rose"... i saw its vid for the first time today... beautifully composed music and sung well... i will open its lyrics and watch the song again...

by the way, sting has acted in a few films, two of which i have seen, "lock stock and two smoking barrels" and "dune".
Gosh!
This song was released almost a decade ago.

Masa berlalu
Tanpaku menyedari
Percintaan yang kita bina
Hampir terlerai
Apa salahku
Kau buatku begini
Dalam dilema
Di antara jalan derita
Tidak pernah kuduga
Ini semua terjadi
Oh!..............
Janganlah engkau
Menghancurkan segala
Setelah lama
Kita mengharungi bersama
Usah biarkan
Cinta kita yang suci
Dilambung ombak
Karam dilautan berduri
Hanya satu pintaku
Moga kau menginsafi
Oh!............... Semua ini
Telah banyak yang kuberi
Sejak dulu lagi
Pengorbanan tiada pernah jemu
Hanyalah Tuhan saja
Bisa menentukan semua
Kesabaran daku menantimu
Oh!.............
Kutetap memaafkan
Dan berdoa kau kembali
Sebelum diri melangkah pergi

Read more: Nora - Di Persimpangan Dilema Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Lovely lyrics

Time-lapse
Without me realizing
The love that we build
was almost neglected
What is wrong with me?
You make me like this
In dilemma
between the path of pain
Never did I think
All this would happen
Oh! ..............
Thou shalt not
Destroy all
From a time span (time period)
We face together
Do not allow
Our pure love
Tossed to the waves
"causing" ship wreck in a hostile (prickly) sea
My only hope
May you realize
Oh! ...............all this
I gave a lot
Since time immemorial
No sacrifice was weary
Only God alone
Can determine all
I patiently await you
Oh! .............
I always forgive
And pray you come back
Before stepping away to go

@Indos Can you kindly check ....my Vocabulary is hitting the ground...BTW, do you know this song...Was extremely famous during my O levels....or maybe I think...

It is an old Indonesian song :angel:

You do have a very good Indonesian language skills :partay:

Sorry, I dont get alert on this, need to blame webmaster :mad:

@levina @Nihonjin1051 @jamahir and others listen to this :D

i liked the string and drum of the first 30 seconds and then it became a youngstery kind of song... maybe i am too old for its peppiness. :)

maybe you know this song... i heard it first on bbc world service radio many years ago, on its "world music" program called "charlie gillet" which was run by the late gentleman of the same name... other than the song itself, i like the general mood of the videography and the beauty of south america ( or is it central america )...

i liked the string and drum of the first 30 seconds and then it became a youngstery kind of song... maybe i am too old for its peppiness. :)

maybe you know this song... i heard it first on bbc world service radio many years ago, on its "world music" program called "charlie gillet" which was run by the late gentleman of the same name... other than the song itself, i like the general mood of the videography and the beauty of south america ( or is it central america )...

yes i know this song, this is bangladeshi song but not the video LOL

tomar dil ki dawa hoi na - YouTube

yes i know this song, this is bangladeshi song but not the video LOL

tomar dil ki dawa hoi na - YouTube

thanks for the list... one year ago, i found a version by your singer called jewel... know him??

and from your list, i clicked on this below just because of the thumbnail and i rather like it...

and the base song is actually not just just bangladeshi but a bengali baul song.

Last edited:
It is an old Indonesian song :angel:

You do have a very good Indonesian language skills :partay:

Sorry, I dont get alert on this, need to blame webmaster :mad:
When I speak Malay people ask me which of my parent is Malay...Yup it is that good...SADLY, at one point in my life (during O levels) I scored better in Malay than English breaking my family record of scoring great in English :tsk:

When I speak Malay people ask me which of my parent is Malay...Yup it is that good...SADLY, at one point in my life (during O levels) I scored better in Malay than English breaking my family record of scoring great in English :tsk:

He,he.

In term of adding more foreign language, I will try to add Arabic later. If I can reach 2015 goal, I will try to learn Arabic in 2016, of course if I am still alive at that time, inshaALLAH. How about your Phd study mate ? My brother seems has given up his Phd in medical this year, he is more focused now in business with her wife, in property business. He said to me that, some one need to be a bid crazy in pursuing Phd title :lol:

Back
Top Bottom