What's new

What About : 40, Su-35 BM for Stratageic Forces Command ( India ) ?

After all this discussion it seems a heavy strike fighter like Su 30MK with AESA radar will be the best choice.I would have told about Rafale but it lacks the range.AURA or AVATAR would have been the best choice if they were ready.
REGARDS....

Oh no, not Su-30... :fie:

We are racing against time with production of MKi's @ HAL.

40 odd means further delay into Su-Mki inductions into IAF.

Oh no, not Su-30... :fie:

We are racing against time with production of MKi's @ HAL.

40 odd means further delay into Su-Mki inductions into IAF.
The only MRCA that has range and payload capacities similar to that of heavy class fighters like Su30's is Rafale. So rafale.

If F-18 can carry a nuke.its brilliant. 36 hornets and 4-6 growlers.:smitten:

Why not 40 growlers?
I mean We get F-18E/F and growler is F-18G the next most and electronic version of F-18F . Any way growlers will have the same strike and fighter capabilities like F-18E/F . One growler and mki can ecscort a bomber and hence we can have strategic bombers.
Any mistake in bold part?
The electronic variant can penetrate deep air defences and attack with precision. The most adavanced electronic warfare currently available is F-18Growler

If F-18 can carry a nuke.its brilliant. 36 hornets and 4-6 growlers.:smitten:

Ok, maybe F-18s can't carry nuclear bombs and Rafales can, but will they sell ASMP-A nuclear missile having range more than 300km to India. I guess not, remember MTCR ? And France is a signatory since 1987.

Ok, maybe F-18s can't carry nuclear bombs and Rafales can, but will they sell ASMP-A nuclear missile having range more than 300km to India. I guess not, remember MTCR ? And France is a signatory since 1987.

Nope. We are looking for capability only, not weapons.

If we choose Russian fighter will they sell nuke missile? Nope.

Nope. We are looking for capability only, not weapons.

If we choose Russian fighter will they sell nuke missile? Nope.

Lol, what capability?

Any aircraft having capability to fire cruise missiles can do the job. Nuke is the payload, missile will be the same. Go EFT. :bounce:

Lol, what capability?

Any aircraft having capability to fire cruise missiles can do the job. Nuke is the payload, missile will be the same. Go EFT. :bounce:

Yes payload is the key. Rafale has the capability of payload.

And apart from Bhrahmos what all air to surface cruise missiles we have?

Is there any info on nirbhay?? Its been a while since I heard anything about it.

Where is that missile guy Kinetic?

Lol, what capability?

It takes money and time for EFT to have good strike capability. Its not rafale vs EFt. Its how well the aircraft can perform in war. Our ultimate aim is to strike paralley while having air superiority. EFT has only air superiority that too not confirmed. Pakistan F-16's almost beat EFt in simulation. Missiles are damn rather important.
French may give us better missile combo than EFt which is made by 4 countries.

Is there any info on nirbhay?? Its been a while since I heard anything about it.

India and weapons of mass destruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Moskit
Brahmos
Popeye
Nirbhay
P-70
Sir, pls dont say wiki is unreliable.
Almost all can be modified to carry Low yield nukes. Even our aakash can carry a nuke.

@skulls.

SFC has already ruled out EFT , if ever they want to buy 40.

And most probably these fighters wont be operating from regular Airforce stations and would be under the command at an undisclosed location.

Yes, that's a concern. You can't fit nuke warhead on any imported cruise missiles. So talking about Scalps is waste.

They won't be selling F-22s in near future, asking for B-2s will be far fetched. What we can ask from them is B-1s. That sounds reasonable.

instead of this we should buy tu 22m bombers from Russia. we already have 4 tu 22 bombers which we had leased from them. we already have experience and infra supporting it.

if we think its out dated then we should upgrade these bombers.

what do you think

and remember this bomber carries 20,000 kg payload.

how about buying 10 tu 22m bombers instead 40 of su 35, SU 34 , rafale?

instead of this we should buy tu 22m bombers from Russia. we already have 4 tu 22 bombers which we had leased from them. we already have experience and infra supporting it.

if we think its out dated then we should upgrade these bombers.

what do you think

and remember this bomber carries 20,000 kg payload.

Though its a good idea, the debate we have here is on the basis of 40 jets proposal of SFC. And Tu-22 doesnt come into picture on that basis.

Back
Top Bottom