What's new

West Bengal won't depend on Bangladesh for Hilsha fish anymore.

Don't try to divert the topic. No one is talking about the ban on river, i am aware about it very well. It's was about the ban in the sea and your illegal fishing.
Try posting your messages in English if you want people to understand them in entirety. You were going gaga over sea ban therefore i reminded you that without a prior ban in river fishing that would be fruitless as the young fish migrates from river to the sea.

Of course Hilsas of all sizes would be found in sea waters, after all they mature from juvenile to adult there.

But you have missed the point where i said that even these adult fishes in the sea fetch a lower price than those netted upstream in the rivers. The further they migrate the tastier they are.

The videos shared by you are a crying shame actually, they show how your greedy fisherfolks in Bangladesh are not allowing the fish to complete their life cycle by catching them in the sea. Don't blame us for the inadequacies in your system. In any case, we get a steady supply of your Padma hilsa all the time.

Try posting your messages in English if you want people to understand them in entirety. You were going gaga over sea ban therefore i reminded you that without a prior ban in river fishing that would be fruitless as the young fish migrates from river to the sea.

Of course Hilsas of all sizes would be found in sea waters, after all they mature from juvenile to adult there.

But you have missed the point where i said that even these adult fishes in the sea fetch a lower price than those netted upstream in the rivers. The further they migrate the tastier they are.

The videos shared by you are a crying shame actually, they show how your greedy fisherfolks in Bangladesh are not allowing the fish to complete their life cycle by catching them in the sea. Don't blame us for the inadequacies in your system. In any case, we get a steady supply of your Padma hilsa all the time.
yeah yeah,nd thats why ur kanjoos lot r now crying so much for padma elish nd want to produce elish in a factory..
https://bengali.indianexpress.com/west-bengal/west-bengal-hilsa-fish-mamata-banerjee-117484/

"Sandeep said that Hilsa import from Bangladesh has been stopped for the last two years" ..:lol::lol:

"Initially, Hilsa is being supplied from West Bengal and Orissa. Besides, some big hilsa is coming from Burma. Although there is no taste of the Hilsa fish from these regions":lol::lol:

nd how do u knw that those r from padma??actually those r from burma...lol... nd we specially bring those for ur kanjoos lot..halar po halara 250 gram mangsho kinna abaar vlo elish chudaite chay..

yeah yeah,nd thats why ur kanjoos lot r now crying so much for padma elish nd want to produce elish in a factory..
https://bengali.indianexpress.com/west-bengal/west-bengal-hilsa-fish-mamata-banerjee-117484/

"Sandeep said that Hilsa import from Bangladesh has been stopped for the last two years" ..:lol::lol:

"Initially, Hilsa is being supplied from West Bengal and Orissa. Besides, some big hilsa is coming from Burma. Although there is no taste of the Hilsa fish from these regions":lol::lol:

nd how do u knw that those r from padma??actually those r from burma...lol... nd we specially bring those for ur kanjoos lot..halar po halara 250 gram mangsho kinna abaar vlo elish chudaite chay..
What's wrong with you BD folks, you are quoting Bengali articles to an Assamese. That's heresy!!

As i have already said, we don't give a flying F to your ilish phees, we hate that thing. It's more of a cultural thing for us that differentiates us from you Bangals.

Check on a map and tell us which Burmese river is there in Assam. The ilish that's found in the Brahmaputra is the same which is found in your Meghna or Jamuna, the fish moves further up the river to Assam.

Lol, your fishermen are forced to catch the fish from your seas and sell substandard young fish in your markets as the best ones inevitably find their way to a Bengali kitchen in India.

As for the bold part, watch your tongue mate, you are not speaking to your family members here.

You sure you are a Bangladeshi? You know very little about the habits of hilsa and the bans imposed. Bans on fishing are not only imposed on sea in Bangladesh. As the fish return via the rivers, bans have to be imposed in the rivers, thats why you see places like Chandpur and Laxmipur come under the fishing ban.
The videos shared by you are a crying shame actually, they show how your greedy fisherfolks in Bangladesh are not allowing the fish to complete their life cycle by catching them in the sea.

Screw others!! U questioned about my nationality so i replied you in Bengali. And i don't see you reminding me anything. Also where did you get the idea that we are not allowing the fish complete the life cycle? The first video clearly says that they are fishing after the ban and there's no Jatka ilish seen here. Waaayyy too much off-topic here.

What's wrong with you BD folks, you are quoting Bengali articles to an Assamese. That's heresy!!
Check on a map and tell us which Burmese river is there in Assam.
some big hilsa is coming from Burma.
Bangladesh has stopped supply of hilsa in Padma due to not allowing Teesta water.

Calm down. He just shared the OP, nothing new. Thought you said somewhere you understand Bengali as you are an Assamese. And he meant the Hilsha you get from Burmese sea territory.

Lol, your fishermen are forced to catch the fish from your seas and sell substandard young fish in your markets as the best ones inevitably find their way to a Bengali kitchen in India.
In any case, we get a steady supply of your Padma hilsa all the time.
BD hilsa from Padma is always available in Assam at dirt cheap prices thanks to your country's smugglers and fish traders.
that job is done by your hilsa traders who send the fish across to India.
when your traders are sending the fresh big sized catches from your rivers over to India!!
Hilsa is being supplied from West Bengal and Orissa. Besides, some big hilsa is coming from Burma.

His statement is, "Research is going on right with Hilsa. However, there has not yet been any place to apply. "An official reluctant to disclose the name of the KHDWH Hilsha Research Center," The research process on Kakdavip is underway. But it is difficult to say how it will be implemented. "

What are talking about?!?! Are you high or something??!! :crazy::crazy: Who said to you that our fishermen is forced to catch the fish in seas and sell substandard young fish in market??!! You just said yourself about fishing in our river a while ago. Quit talking BS. Interesting you talk about standard of our fish sold in local market when said yourself that you hate that thing and it clear that you haven't even seen and tasted the thing found in BD market.

Also another interesting thing is you keep saying that you get plenty of our Padma ilish when your Momota didi says we don't export it to your country for two years, they are only getting it from WB, Odisha and Burma and now they are researching it to become independent on Ilish production. But the most interesting part is border and coast guard of both countries catch and even kills people for illegally crossing the border and smuggling Indian cow, saree, drug, money etc. How come there wasn't a single soul caught for sending Ilish illegally to India or nobody reported any news about it? o_O Selling Ilish illegally in India?? That's a new thing i am hearing from you in PDF for the first time. Why would our people smuggle Ilish to India when they can sell it here from 400-30000 taka per fish depending on size, weight and occasion (usual price ranges between 1k-10k). So big question is how and why are they selling Ilish to India?

Also where did you get the idea that we are not allowing the fish complete the life cycle? The first video clearly says that they are fishing after the ban and there's no Jatka ilish seen here. Waaayyy too much off-topic here
What off-topic are you mumbling about? Hilsa is a brackish water estuarine fish and for your information they are also found in the saline lakes of India other than open seas.

Now tell me how will their life cycle get completed if your fishermen catch them in the seas with illegal nets? Once they migrate up the deltas to our rivers to spawn their development is complete, hence the bigger sizes in the fish from rivers.

I questioned your shallow knowledge being a Bangladeshi (hilsa being the something you think you have monopoly on) as you couldn't differentiate the taste of the river versus sea hilsa. Hilsa caught from the seas have a distinguishable salt water taste unlike the sweet flavour of the river varieties.
clear that you haven't even seen and tasted the thing found in BD market.

Also another interesting thing is you keep saying that you get plenty of our Padma ilish when your Momota didi says we don't export it to your country
I don't give a damn about what Mamata says, OTOH you keep bringing WB to every post. Bengali hangover much? We have a steady supply of your Padma ilish in Assam at low prices which the Indians of East Bengali descent seem to relish.

Not only hilsa, every other food item here is cheaper than your Bangladesh.
How come there wasn't a single soul caught for sending Ilish illegally to India or nobody reported any news about it? o_O Selling Ilish illegally in India?? That's a new thing i am hearing from you in PDF for the first time.
Because your Hasina Bibi goes out of her way to placate the Bengalis in India by ensuring a steady supply of your Padma ilish to our country even as you poor Bangladeshis have to make do with sea hilsa at high price.

Lol, it is common knowledge that your traders hoard the best sized hilsa in cold storage and send it to India and other parts of the world illegally thereby creating an artificial demand supply mismatch which keeps the price high in Bangladesh. All for profit, you see.
^
So big question is how and why are they selling Ilish to India?

Thought you said somewhere you understand Bengali as you are an Assamese. And he meant the Hilsha you get from Burmese sea territory.
Yes, but that doesn't mean that i have to go through the painstaking process of reading and replying to your Bengali posts. I know what he meant and asked him if the Brahmaputra had any connection to Burmese rivers. The hilsas caught in Assam from the Brahmaputra are the same from your Meghna/Jamuna as they are the same river. Is it that hard to appreciate this simple fact?

This is not only limited to Hilsa fish buying. If you ask some egg seller in kolkata, how much? They will reply 6 Rs. At first you will not understand. Then after some times, you will realize that he is talking about a single egg. In Bangladesh, egg seller will reply 90 Taka or in some cases 30 Taka in this same question. This small encounter with egg seller amply demonstrate the buying habits of the two people.
@Bengal71 and Homo I don't get your logic, my family consist of 5 members, I will buy a Kg when all of them are there. When I am alone why I should buy the same? Fish shops are there in almost every Km in Kolkata other than Posh/business districts.
Another question, why you people cook in Kolkata? Is it a way to save money or you don't like the test of local food? In any of those cases give me a shout, I will be there if not traveling. Believe me its cheaper than Dakha and even street foods are delicious. Also, you can check Adnan Faruque videos in youtube.
Here Ilish price is determined by size, its roughly same as weight. Padma Ilish is available in plenty, you have to know people and place. Considering Indias exchange the price is more.
Noe coming to buying capability, I have witness an auction where a fish of almost 2.4 kg was sold at 22K INR. People are here who have will and money to spend.
Now coming to taste, I have tested Chadipur Ilish in Bangladesh, extraordinary. But if ones luck favors he can test Ganga Ilish. Its rare and heavenly. Price almost 3/4 times of any Ilish.
I can give reference of some colonial time literature source where both Ilish are discussed in detail.

@Bengal71 and Homo I don't get your logic, my family consist of 5 members, I will buy a Kg when all of them are there. When I am alone why I should buy the same? Fish shops are there in almost every Km in Kolkata other than Posh/business districts.
Another question, why you people cook in Kolkata? Is it a way to save money or you don't like the test of local food? In any of those cases give me a shout, I will be there if not traveling. Believe me its cheaper than Dakha and even street foods are delicious. Also, you can check Adnan Faruque videos in youtube.
Here Ilish price is determined by size, its roughly same as weight. Padma Ilish is available in plenty, you have to know people and place. Considering Indias exchange the price is more.
Noe coming to buying capability, I have witness an auction where a fish of almost 2.4 kg was sold at 22K INR. People are here who have will and money to spend.
Now coming to taste, I have tested Chadipur Ilish in Bangladesh, extraordinary. But if ones luck favors he can test Ganga Ilish. Its rare and heavenly. Price almost 3/4 times of any Ilish.
I can give reference of some colonial time literature source where both Ilish are discussed in detail.

People cook when they stay for longer period, otherwise for a short stay they eat in restaurants. I and my mother stayed for more than 3 months, so we rented an apartment and cooked.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom