What's new

Delhi has not vaccinated, so Dhaka is not sending hilsa either: Anandabazar

While there was some reason(not justification though) for delaying the delivery of AstraZeneca doses, that India signed contract for and also already got money for till end of May/early June, there is none now.

BD should look at a range of full retaliatory options at Modi - India is in a weak position now and BD needs to punish it as much as possible for reneging in it's legal commitments to deliver the 5 million a month doses of the vaccine.

I would like BD to look at punishing economic measures that hurt the W Bengal/NE economies as long as it does not make destitute Indians in these states starve and of course not target Tripura.

can you explain such punishing actions which BD can take against India.

Any such so called punishing action will prove counter productive. I think Hasina is not such naive to take those measures. Some neighbing countries in past had tried it. Look at their condition today.

Thanks. Sometime in the late 1740s, Nawab Aliwardy Khan signed finally a treaty with the Marathas after a long 10-year war with them.

By this treaty, instead of paying Chautha and Sardesmukhi (1/4th and 1/10th of the taxes payable to the Mughal Delhi govt) to the Marathas, he relinquished the Orissa administration/taxes to them.

But, he separated Medinipur from Orissa and joined it to Bengal proper. Until that time, Medinipur was a part of Orissa. I hope you know about this historical tidbit.
Yes I know it, not whole of Midnapore but 3/4 of it.

Bengali is fairly a new language, its not termed as classical as its not old enough.

Charyapad the oldest mention is of 800 years old. But it has few resemblance to the language shaped now. If fact its claimed by Oriya, Assamese as well.

The earliest example of our language which is kind of Bengali is around 600 years old in the form of Srikrishna Kirtan. Later with the rise of Chaitanya cult it was for the first time the Bengali language started taking shape.

Before the timelines Bengali language was very much similar to Oriya and Assamese.

Yes I know it, not whole of Midnapore but 3/4 of it.

Bengali is fairly a new language, its not termed as classical as its not old enough.

Charyapad the oldest mention is of 800 years old. But it has few resemblance to the language shaped now. If fact its claimed by Oriya, Assamese as well.

The earliest example of our language which is kind of Bengali is around 600 years old in the form of Srikrishna Kirtan. Later with the rise of Chaitanya cult it was for the first time the Bengali language started taking shape.

Before the timelines Bengali language was very much similar to Oriya and Assamese.

Interesting - maybe I will read more about the history of bengali language.

Back
Top Bottom