What's new

Bangladesh: If the visa is easy, tourism will increase.

I am not talking about free. So if it is not available so out of my wish list.

I am not into alcoholic beverages (even for reasons other than religion) but I do know very-well-off people in Dhaka and their liquor consumption habits.

They look down their noses on Glenlivet Single Malt and JW Black label stuff. That is where people's tastes are nowadays.

I believe they make some single malt stuff in India too (there is a famous distillery in Goa I heard).

Maybe looting Gareebon-ka-huq, but it is what it is.

At least gareebon can get three square meals a day in Bangladesh, which can't be said about the rest of South Asia.

Most people outside Bangladesh are clueless on the tastes and lifestyles of the moneyed class in Bangladesh.

Nice to hear but we are talking about foreigners that have no link with S Asia.

Those are the ones that will need a semi-developed BD to want to go there.
The biggest selling point is "ONE OF A KIND TRAFFIC JAM UNLIKE ANY OTHER IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE."

Last edited:
BD Govt should arrange floating farm tours, these things look surreal and I am not sure if they exist anywhere on the planet

desi daru expert detected....

Desi Daru will kill you. This is one area where one should not cheap out.

Several Russian experts in the under construction Nuclear power project in Bangladesh already died.

I'm sure methylated spirit was mixed in. :(

Heaps. Rivers, ponds, canals, lakes, sea....BD is fish heaven
excellent - i am definitely wanting to know which big fish we can aim for in the rivers and sea of bengal. i know a few friends who spends thousands just to come for game fish.

excellent - i am definitely wanting to know which big fish we can aim for in the rivers and sea of bengal. i know a few friends who spends thousands just to come for game fish.

I don't know much about sea fish, generally Bengalis don't know much about sea fish. Sea fish is not popular in Bengal, we eat sweet water fish mostly.

As for rivers, lakes, canals, ponds and billabongs we have a massive variety of fish. Some of the big ones are Rohu, Katla, Pangas (a type of cat fish) and many others. The most favourie of Bengalis is the Hilsha fish (can only be caught with fish net, it doesn't take bait from a fish hook). If you do a search on google for "fish of Bangladesh" you will see with full descriptions and photos.

Last edited:
I don't know much about sea fish, generally Bengalis don't know much about sea fish. Sea fish is not popular in Bengal, we eat sweet water fish mostly.

As for rivers, lakes, canals, ponds and billabongs we have a massive variety of fish. Some of the big ones are Rohu, Katla, Pangas (a type of cat fish) and many others. The most favourie of Bengalis is the Hilsha fish (can only be caught with fish net, it doesn't take bait from a fish hook). If you do a search on google for "fish of Bangladesh" you will see with full descriptions and photos.
If someone can put a seperate thread on Game fishing in Bangladesh - there is a huge craze world wide especially for very large trophy fish.

Back
Top Bottom