What's new

We won't eat halal meat, say British MPs

Why would 'stunning' the animal before slaughtering it make the meat 'non-Halal'?

Stunning does not kill the animal after all - the animal is alive and its heart is still beating and pumping blood - why not stun it before slaughtering it?

I often get amazed at the retardness of people who refuse to eat Halal meat because ..quote ..."Its unfair to the animals" ....:lol: Well dummy , guess what? if you're so much worried about poor animals than why are you even killing them at the first place? Don't eat meat at all and be a vegetarian... Its like me saying ..Bro I don't want to be unfair or merciless with you so I will shoot you in the head and not stab you ...wtf?

Refusing to eat Halal has more to do with "Shari'a law" I guess,as Church of England suggests :lol:

Actually being fair and kind to the animal is a precondition to the meat being halaal. One of the reasons for eating Halaal meat is to ensure it was slaughtered with kindness.

People need to understand that the slitting of jugular eliminates the blood flow to the brain there by rendering the animal unable to feel pain. Moreover the convulsions an animal undergoes are not out of pain but a reflex action of the spine and once again, the pain signals are not processed by the blood deprived brain.

If anything, the stun method involves hitting the animal on the head so hard that it becomes disoriented due to the pain. This doesn't necessarily mean it is unable to process any further pain, it just has significant brain damage to render its motions reduced.

\
if they are stunned first and their throats cut later does that still mean it is halal?
I personally do not understand why it still would not be halal, for reasons I mentioned in my post above ...

Why would 'stunning' the animal before slaughtering it make the meat 'non-Halal'?

Stunning does not kill the animal after all - the animal is alive and its heart is still beating and pumping blood - why not stun it before slaughtering it?

The whole idea of "Halal" is to kill the poor animal painlessly as possible-
Islam sez so- Dont even hurt animals- :D-
It is also said you cannot slaughter an animal which is sick or is naturally hurt until it recovers-

If anything, the stun method involves hitting the animal on the head so hard that it becomes disoriented due to the pain. This doesn't necessarily mean it is unable to process any further pain, it just has significant brain damage to render its motions reduced.
Oh, is that what is meant by 'stunning the animal'?

I thought perhaps it was some sort of 'numbing agent' or something.

I don't really see how 'clobbering an animal over the head to knock it out' is less painful than just cutting its throat ...

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

The whole idea of "Halal" is to kill the poor animal painlessly as possible-
Islam sez so- Dont even hurt animals- :D-
It is also said you cannot slaughter an animal which is already natural hurt until it recovers-
Sure, but obviously some people believe that 'stunning' the animal and then slaughtering it is less painful, so perhaps the idea should be explored properly and if indeed the 'stunning' process results in the animal feeling less pain, then Muslims should have no issue with it.

huh? I thought stunning was to use a stun gun not hitting the animals over the head :D

ITS GOOD THAT WE DONT EAT MEAT....

NO WORRY OF CHEW T YEAH PANTHI OF HALAL OR HARAM, ISNT IT??

GO VEGG...

I often get amazed at the retardness of people who refuse to eat Halal meat because ..quote ..."Its unfair to the animals" ....:lol: Well dummy , guess what? if you're so much worried about poor animals than why are you even killing them at the first place? Don't eat meat at all and be a vegetarian... Its like me saying ..Bro I don't want to be unfair or merciless with you so I will shoot you in the head and not stab you ...wtf?

Refusing to eat Halal has more to do with "Shari'a law" I guess,as Church of England suggests :lol:

So do the others at the people who insist on eating halal meat.

So, like a Tazer ...?

184754-australian-cattle.jpg

Looking at this picture it seems more like a stun to the head of the animal.

Sure, but obviously some people believe that 'stunning' the animal and then slaughtering it is less painful, so perhaps the idea should be explored properly and if indeed the 'stunning' process results in the animal feeling less pain, then Muslims should have no issue with it.

Stunning is itself painful- that cannot justify the "feeling less" pain by traditional slaughter-
If slaughtering is painful it will not matter if the poor animal is stunned or shot before-
I have seen people getting stunned- and it hurts even after-

In Islam- the concept is very clear- the animal should die painlessly-

Actually being fair and kind to the animal{sic} is a precondition to the meat being halaal. One of the reasons for eating Halaal meat is to ensure it was slaughtered with kindness.

SIR, EVEN NOW YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE SHALLOWNESS OF YOUR RELIGIOUS OBLIGATION? AT THE LEAST IT CAN BE SAID ILLOGICAL AND TO BE FAIR IT IS A BARBARIC PRACTISE.

IF YOU WERE A GOAT THEN I ASSUME YOU WOULD PREFER TO BE *SLAUGHTERED WITH KINDNESS. THAT IS WHAT EVERY LIVING BEING WANTS. :tdown:

Back
Top Bottom