What's new

We won't eat halal meat, say British MPs

Intresting that Jewish Kosher law does not allow the stunning of animals before killing.

animals must be healthy and uninjured at the time of slaughter - according to Jewish law

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14779271

Should animals be stunned before slaughter?

This is a good read which gives pro's and con's and shows diffrent methods in stunning such as using a bolt gun or electrocution.

SIR, EVEN NOW YOU ARE NOT GETTING THE SHALLOWNESS OF YOUR RELIGIOUS OBLIGATION? AT THE LEAST IT CAN BE SAID ILLOGICAL AND TO BE FAIR IT IS A BARBARIC PRACTISE.

IF YOU WERE A GOAT THEN I ASSUME YOU WOULD PREFER TO BE *SLAUGHTERED WITH KINDNESS. THAT IS WHAT EVERY LIVING BEING WANTS. :tdown:

Lol- what do you want- what we do?- Not eat?-

Even plants and vegetables are living breathing organisms- they feel pain-
What to do then?- what to eat?-
Scavenge?-

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Intresting that Jewish Kosher law does not allow the stunning of animals before killing.

animals must be healthy and uninjured at the time of slaughter - according to Jewish law

Thats why people say "Halal" or "Kosher"- its the same thing-

Lol- what do you want- what we do?- Not eat?-

Even plants and vegetables are living organisms- they feel pain-
What to do?- what to eat?-
Scavenge?-

Do you (compassionately) kill trees to eat fruits or you kill plants to eat vegetables??

So, are you asking the rest of us to become vegetarians?

Who am I to ask? I am putting my POV

Basically as per the ancient scriptures all those mammals who drink water by tongue by licking are supposed to be carnivorous by nature. Eg. tiger, cat, dog etc

All those who drink water by their lips are herbiverous. Eg. deer, sheep, goat, cow, giraffe, Human.

Do you kill trees to eat fruits?

Nice Analogy- You want to live on fruits- go on-

what else for basic human nature "Variety"-?-

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

So, are you asking the rest of us to become vegetarians?

Not vegetarians- but fruitarians- :lol:-

No one blames muslims for having their meat made in certain way and not eating non-halal meat, extending this logic, British MPs have every right to eat halal meat or reject it, everyone in including the only halal-eating muslims have to accept it.

You made your choice, so let the other dude make his... what is your problem ?

Why would 'stunning' the animal before slaughtering it make the meat 'non-Halal'?

Stunning does not kill the animal after all - the animal is alive and its heart is still beating and pumping blood - why not stun it before slaughtering it?

The stunning is not really Star Trek style phasers on stun, the damn gun whams on the head, cracking the skull inflicting brain damage and a lot of hurt... Any animal in that state is anyway not qualified to be halaal.

IMO the halaal method is the more humane method.

A number of studies have shown that plants feel pain, and vegetables are picked and often eaten while still alive. Animal rights activists are often in the news, but has anyone ever protested for vegetable rights? | Notes and Queries | guardian.co.uk

All of you animal rights sensitive people-
Shame on you for being selective-
Stop eating vegetables- stop giving your gf's flowers- and stop walking on the damn grass-
How could you guys be so cruel to the poor plants?- :angry:-

From now on I am a member of "PETP"
"People for the Ethical Treatment of Plants"

The stunning is not really Star Trek style phasers on stun, the damn gun whams on the head, cracking the skull inflicting brain damage and a lot of hurt... Any animal in that state is anyway not qualified to be halaal.

more religious bias... if you have scientific evidence, that would be terrific.

Oh, is that what is meant by 'stunning the animal'?

I thought perhaps it was some sort of 'numbing agent' or something.

I don't really see how 'clobbering an animal over the head to knock it out' is less painful than just cutting its throat ...

I don't really think Asim Aquil literally meant clobbering the poor soul to stun it!

Never mind, 'Slaughtering with kindness' is the new word for the day i learned. I personally find it pathetic and hypocritical.

The justification given being as a religious obligation is even more....

study of the issue commissioned by the Dutch government in 2008 concluded that "ritual slaughter has a number of negative aspects for the animals when compared to conventional procedures where a stun is performed prior to slaughter".

Its findings were mirrored in a 2010 report by a consortium of scientists for an EU-funded project, which concluded that "it can be stated with the utmost probability that animals feel pain during the throat cut without prior stunning".

It said research showed most cattle seemed to lose consciousness between five and 90 seconds after the cut, and were sometimes subjected to "potentially painful manipulations", including follow-up cuts, while still conscious.

Both reports, though, have been dismissed as flawed by Jewish and Muslim groups, who argue that the research was done by scientists opposed to religious slaughter to begin with.

"It is still unproven that slaughtering with stunning is a better method," says CMO chairman Yusuf Altuntas.

Some body should tell "them"-
Next time when you hang some one for murder or w/e- Stun him first and watch him feel the pain-
and if then its that much painless- dont hang him- cut his throat-

more religious bias... if you have scientific evidence, that would be terrific.

It has been said in the Quran, and the more enlightened people did it, so that is good enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom